“Beautiful hotel”
Review of Arcadia Hotel

Arcadia Hotel
Ranked #15 of 92 Hotels in Bratislava
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We really enjoyed this hotel. Location is right in the centre. Very cosy with historical atmisphere! And private spa was amazing. We were absolutely satisfied! If we ll come back to Bratislava again we come here!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review ! Hotel Arcadia is housed in historic building from 1290 what makes a special feeling for our customers. We are very traditional Old town hotel with modern facilities and service. Spa area is free for all hotel guests and is considered to be the architecture gem of the Hotel among with the Hotel lobby. We hope to have chance to welcome you again.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Hello, I booked this hotel many times and can just confirm I have had just great experiences.
From the 1st moment I contacted them all personal team was very willing to help with high professional standard and focus on customer need. They always do their best to satisfy the customer. The spa part and whole hotel is really nice and conveniently close to city centre.
Thank you for all.
Romana

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. We are proud to have many regular customers who appreciate our every day effort in bringing the best experience to all Arcadia Hotel Guests.
Glad to know you have noticed the very individual approach we focus on. We also highly recommend to try our Spa when staying with us.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We have organised a corporate event in Arcadia Hotel Bratislava and are very thankful to hotel's team - they do a great job! We had their kind assistance at each stage of our meeting, our hosts are very kind and caring. Their hospitality and professionalism is highly appreciated! F&B and hotel services are great - all participants in our meeting were charmed! Perfect choice for a venue in Bratislava.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Tania_Stoimenova

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting a review. Hotel Arcadia is very suitable venue for smaller meetings and gatherings for up to 50 attendees, who require very individual approach and high quality service. Hope to have chances to work again in the future.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have visited this hotel twice. Location is fabulous for Bratislava visitors , only few steps from the Main square with lot of restaurants, cafes etc. Room equipment is quite fine, I have expected bigger size and day light. Buffet breakfast was average, like in a 3 or 4 star hotel, it is not included in the price (extra 20 EUR p.P.). I can not really imagine to stay in this room for more than 2 nights.

Room Tip: Ask for a day light room, far from an elevator
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Ian F

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review !
There are few rooms at the hotel with interior courtyard view. At the same time these are the smallest rooms in size. The average room size is 32 sqm featuring natural day light, in many cases a view. We can say there are no two rooms a like at Arcadia hotel as the original building dates back to the 13th century. We would have been happy to allocate you different room type should we have knew. Breakfast is prepared in the style all home made,, so quality of the used items is more preferred as quantity. We are small boutique hotel so the breakfast range is different to bigger chain hotels. I personally would be happy to assist you with your next stay, should you come back to Bratislava again.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Hotel is on top location in Bratislava, in the quite corner just off the crowded tourist street/square in historical city center. Very friendly and helpfull stuff, exclusive spacious rooms with stylish furniture and decoration. It feels like living in a comfortable middle age with all modern appliances.
Do not miss the luxurious breakfast, this is always a treat and spare your time for hotel SPA. Indeed small but very cosy. I find the whirlpool best after hot steamy sauna. Do not be surpriced if there is no other guests. Rarely some guest visit hotel for SPA but for me this is a must at Arcadia.
Also ask for chocolate treats to wait for you in the room.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Andasn

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your opinion and review. Hotel Arcadia enjoys location in a quiet cobble street however steps away from all the points of interest. Hotel Staff, spacious rooms and the unique architecture are the main reasons people find our hotel special.
We appreciate your understanding of our effort to combine the historic features with modern amenities and service. And the chocolate: we produce our own home and hand made collection for all choco lovers. Hope to have chance welcome you again.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I really had no idea of what to do for Valentine's this year, no matter how much I loved my beloved. Then, from thin air, I had an idea: my One was 1/4 Slovakian, and never been to that country - so Bratislava it was! My folks stayed there back in '07, so that was our recommendation. I wanted something special, so I was a bit unsure... Up until I spoke with Mz. Romana Rajkovicova, who understood what two people madly in love need, and got us a nice view to the Castle! She also got us off the tourist trail, to a restaurant where usual people go, although most of the Arcadia's clients want no less than 5 star treatment - we are not like that, we like everything that is authentic, and beautiful, be it a 5 star hotel, or a 0 star shack in the middle of the woods. And the bellhop was so kind, as well! He is from Ghana, in West Africa, and he had so much stories to tell, for everywhom was willing to listen!... The surrounding area IS the old town, everything is a walking distance to go to.
Downsides: In our room, the climate control made the blades of the fan vibrate, which made an intrusive noise. Also, We would have wanted a blanket for two people, not two blankets for one person. Oh, and also, our neighbours had one unhappy small dog which barked through the night, interrupting us - and envious neighbours, who knocked on the wall ;)
But on the plus side, when you wake up from room 25, the first thing you see, is the castle rising over the rooftops, and I don't know anything that comes close to that in Bratislava...
All being said, if you visit Bratislava, you cannot go wrong with this hotel. You will agree as soon as you get out, and get yourself lost amongst the cobble roads in the old town.

Room Tip: for exquisite views from your bed, and for that "something else", pick room 25!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MateiDima
Karin L, Manager at Arcadia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2015

Dear guest,
thank you very much to review our hotel. I am disappointed to read that your stay with us did not live up to your expectations. I sincerely apologize for we fell below your standards on the level of room quality and employee behavior. I will assure you that comments will be taken into the considation. Should you be travelling back to Bratislava in the future, please make contact me personally so that I can arrange another room and special service for you to make your stay more comfortable. With kind regards, Karin Laliková

employee behavior

Writing this at 6am having been kept awake since 5.15am (which, given the UK time difference, feels like 4.15am to me).

This hotel is noisy.

Some of the rooms (like mine) have flimsy windows overlooking the lobby. A feature I initially thought of as cute has turned out to be horrific.

Currently there is (what seems to be) an excitable manager (??) speaking loudly to a cleaner, who appears to be choosing the lobby music from an iPad? A similar incident happened yesterday with another excitable man (it could even be the same guy) - they don’t realise how loudly their voices echo through the lobby and into the rooms.

On both occasions I phoned reception and, whilst sympathetic, they didn’t seem to be able to do very much. They should be able to spot a situation like this and deal with it immediately.

The second noise problem is that there’s a constant electrical humming in room 18. Reception checked out the room, heard it, and promised to investigate further whilst I was out - if they couldn’t find the source they said they would change my room. They didn’t follow up on this offer.

All in all I’ve had no real sleep for two nights so I find it difficult to write anything positive. The amenities are good, breakfast was OK (though for €20 it’s worth exploring other nearby options), the bed is very comfortable (one of the most comfortable I’ve ever - I’m hesitant to use the word “slept” - stayed in), and the room is very clean. The staff are also very friendly.

But this is insignificant when they’ve failed to deliver on the hotel’s primary function - offering a good night’s sleep.

Room Tip: Avoid room 18 if offered. In fact avoid any room that has a window on the the lobby.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

A wonderful hotel. Architecture, interior design, staff all great. We had a wonderful room, but after the first night stay, we realized we could hear the water running in the pipes. We asked for a change that was immediately granted, with complimentary access to the spa, as means of apologies. Breakfast was not included, although for the price, it should have been. Hotel bar is ok, but expensive. Location is simply perfect.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple