Arcadia Hotel
$105
$54
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $60/night.

$131
$88
Hotel Devin(Bratislava)
$98
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold townstar hoteldoor manbeautiful hotellibrary barhistorical buildingsauna and steam roomexecutive roomperfect serviceexcellent locationmain squarespa facilitiesstayed for two nightsquiet streetsmall hotelpedestrian zonebooked this hotel
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I really had no idea of what to do for Valentine's this year, no matter how much I loved my beloved. Then, from thin air, I had an idea: my One was 1/4 Slovakian, and never been to that country - so Bratislava it was! My folks stayed there back in '07, so that was our recommendation. I wanted something special, so I was a bit unsure... Up until I spoke with Mz. Romana Rajkovicova, who understood what two people madly in love need, and got us a nice view to the Castle! She also got us off the tourist trail, to a restaurant where usual people go, although most of the Arcadia's clients want no less than 5 star treatment - we are not like that, we like everything that is authentic, and beautiful, be it a 5 star hotel, or a 0 star shack in the middle of the woods. And the bellhop was so kind, as well! He is from Ghana, in West Africa, and he had so much stories to tell, for everywhom was willing to listen!... The surrounding area IS the old town, everything is a walking distance to go to.
Downsides: In our room, the climate control made the blades of the fan vibrate, which made an intrusive noise. Also, We would have wanted a blanket for two people, not two blankets for one person. Oh, and also, our neighbours had one unhappy small dog which barked through the night, interrupting us - and envious neighbours, who knocked on the wall ;)
But on the plus side, when you wake up from room 25, the first thing you see, is the castle rising over the rooftops, and I don't know anything that comes close to that in Bratislava...
All being said, if you visit Bratislava, you cannot go wrong with this hotel. You will agree as soon as you get out, and get yourself lost amongst the cobble roads in the old town.

Room Tip: for exquisite views from your bed, and for that "something else", pick room 25!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MateiDima
Karin L, Manager at Arcadia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2015

Dear guest,
thank you very much to review our hotel. I am disappointed to read that your stay with us did not live up to your expectations. I sincerely apologize for we fell below your standards on the level of room quality and employee behavior. I will assure you that comments will be taken into the considation. Should you be travelling back to Bratislava in the future, please make contact me personally so that I can arrange another room and special service for you to make your stay more comfortable. With kind regards, Karin Laliková

employee behavior

Writing this at 6am having been kept awake since 5.15am (which, given the UK time difference, feels like 4.15am to me).

This hotel is noisy.

Some of the rooms (like mine) have flimsy windows overlooking the lobby. A feature I initially thought of as cute has turned out to be horrific.

Currently there is (what seems to be) an excitable manager (??) speaking loudly to a cleaner, who appears to be choosing the lobby music from an iPad? A similar incident happened yesterday with another excitable man (it could even be the same guy) - they don’t realise how loudly their voices echo through the lobby and into the rooms.

On both occasions I phoned reception and, whilst sympathetic, they didn’t seem to be able to do very much. They should be able to spot a situation like this and deal with it immediately.

The second noise problem is that there’s a constant electrical humming in room 18. Reception checked out the room, heard it, and promised to investigate further whilst I was out - if they couldn’t find the source they said they would change my room. They didn’t follow up on this offer.

All in all I’ve had no real sleep for two nights so I find it difficult to write anything positive. The amenities are good, breakfast was OK (though for €20 it’s worth exploring other nearby options), the bed is very comfortable (one of the most comfortable I’ve ever - I’m hesitant to use the word “slept” - stayed in), and the room is very clean. The staff are also very friendly.

But this is insignificant when they’ve failed to deliver on the hotel’s primary function - offering a good night’s sleep.

Room Tip: Avoid room 18 if offered. In fact avoid any room that has a window on the the lobby.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

A wonderful hotel. Architecture, interior design, staff all great. We had a wonderful room, but after the first night stay, we realized we could hear the water running in the pipes. We asked for a change that was immediately granted, with complimentary access to the spa, as means of apologies. Breakfast was not included, although for the price, it should have been. Hotel bar is ok, but expensive. Location is simply perfect.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DinaHK
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Myself and my partner stayed at the Arcadia on a last minute whim to escape to Bratislava for New Years Eve (2013). We booked the hotel via booking.com and got a fantastic rate considering it is 5* and we weren't disappointed.

The staff were very knowledgeable and helpful making us feel welcome from the outset. It is centrally located so that seeing the sights and attractions of Bratislava is easy on foot with most attractions being within 15minute walk of the hotel. Our room was spacious, clean and very comfortable with a well stocked minibar and fruit bowl.

We didn't get to dine in the restaurant or use the spa as we were only in town for the NYE celebrations, but if they are anything like the rest of the hotel then they too would be worth trying.

The only downside to this hotel, was having to leave it so soon after arriving and it is quite possibly my favourite hotel now!

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fluffysparkly
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I didnt expect such friendly and helpfull staff because slovacs are very rare service minded.
Room was clean, nice furnished in retro style.
Breakfast was creative, different, with great slovac cheese from local farm, tasteful bread is even imported from Austria, coffee was good.
Location is very nice and practical.
I will recommend Arcadia to my business partners.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank alexandra k
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I have spent in the hotel in the past four years a lot of time. Our company is using it for accomodation, cellebrations and also business meetings. What is the most important difference to any hotel i have visited so far is, that everybody in the hotel takes care of the guests on extraodinary way. The staff is adapting feedbacks for improvements and is creating great atmosphere like being at home. The restaurant is very good, with great selection of wines. The only issue is with the parking in the front of the hotel, which is wery limited, but that is due to hotels possition in the center of the city - even here the hotel does its best and has parking in the undeground garage around the street. If someone wants to visit Bratislava, this is a good place to go - there is also high posibility to meet famous people in the bar, because arcadia is often used by them.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business