Arcadia Hotel
$93
Hotel Devin(Bratislava)
$122
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold townstar hoteldoor manbeautiful hotellibrary barhistorical buildingsauna and steam roomexecutive roomperfect serviceexcellent locationmain squarespa facilitiesstayed for two nightsquiet streetsmall hotelpedestrian zonebooked this hotel
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This hotel is just wonderful. It is located on the edge of Bratislava's old town, easy walking distance from all of the attractions in the old town, the castle, the passenger port, railway station and main shopping street, in a quiet little side street. The building has a fascinating history and while the age of the building means that the rooms are quite small and that you can sometimes hear a small amount of noise in the hallways outside your room, it is very charming and cosy.

The staff are the real drawcard here though - efficient, friendly and very, very helpful. They helped with rail timetables, boat tickets, taxis and transfers, guided tours - nothing was too much trouble. They arranged a wonderful guided tour of the Small Carpathians for me that I thoroughly enjoyed. I also dined in the restaurant on the first night of my visit and enjoyed its lovely food and the very attentive service of the restaurant staff. The breakfasts here at this hotel are also very good - pastries, toast, cheeses, cold meats, fruit and a small selection of hot dishes, including potato cakes (delicious), bacon and sausages.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and am grateful to the staff for helping to make my stay in Bratislava so enjoyable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Katandapickle
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed for two nights @ Arcadia: we appreciated the warm welcome and the extremely friendly & helpful staff. The Executive Room was great as was the spa in the basement of the hotel. Service was impeccable - they even make the beds twice a day.
To complain on a high level one could say that the reception did not meet our request to use the spa for a shower later in the afternoon on check-out day. That would have rounded off an otherwise perfect stay.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 29, 2013

If you want stay in excellent hotel, with absolutelly nice and helpful personal, luxurious and spacious rooms, amazing SPA and great service is the Arcadia Hotel right choice! We were really excited.
The personal help us make a reservation for UFO Restaurant and organize for us a taxi and when we come back late at night, the have no problem to make us some more drink and if I ask them with a special whish for breakfest they were absolutely helpful.
I can only recommand this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Hotel Arcadia is conveniently located right on the edge of the old town. Bratislava itself has a very small centre so you are within walking distance of virtually everywhere you would wish to go to.

The hotel itself is small and has a very light and open atrium at its heart. Upon arrival (by car) the doorman quickly came out and sorted out my luggage and parking. The room was located in the “attic” and the beams and unconventional layout really added to the overall charm and feel. Furnishings were of an high standard and thoughtful touches such as coat hooks by the entrance door, and tea/coffee making facilities (a rarity in European 5 star hotels) were most welcome. Not usually something that I’d mention, but the room was exceptionally clean, every surface from the ceiling down to the floor was spotless, so absolutely top marks there! The rooms are never going to win any awards for style, but they are comfortable, well appointed and feel homely.

Sadly I was unable to take dinner there as they were only serving an Easter four course set menu rather than a la carte for most of my stay. A bit disappointing and any special menus should always (perhaps with the exception of Christmas/New Year’s Eve) be served alongside the usual a la carte. Breakfast was the only meal that I took in the hotel. There was a very high quality selection of fresh fruit, yoghurts, local cheeses and breads and the French toast cooked to order was superb; a very pleasant way to start the day. I also had a couple of cocktails in the bar; these were serviceable rather than memorable but the barman also appeared to double up as the doorman/porter at times too. I’d like to see the bar busier, perhaps introduce happy hours or give guests a voucher for one drink just to make sure this space has some atmosphere and is being used to its full advantage.

All the staff I encountered were extremely helpful and polite and really went out of their way to ensure that I was happy.

Overall a great little hotel where you will certainly feel at home!

Room Tip: Try and go for a room in the attic as these have a lot more character and will make your stay more memorable.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
MartaTeplaGM, General Manager at Arcadia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear Guest,
I am pleased with your detailed feedback about your experience at Arcadia hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the stay with us, overall. I will share the positive staff comments with them and your recommendation about improvement are very valuable. Easter time in Bratislava is a special season and with special Easter menu we wished to introduce to our guests Slovak traditions.
Apart from Easter menu there are more option for light meals and I am sorry it wasn`t presented to you.
I will be looking forward to your next visit to Bratislava in the future
Sincerely
Marta Tepla

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Beautifully appointed rooms and lobby. Attentive and very friendly staff. Exceptional breakfast and excellent spa. Bed very comfortable and the little extras were very thoughtful and pampering. Especially enjoyed the excellent wifi in the room and tea and coffee welcome.- all made for a first class stay. Highly recommended for your visit in Bratislava.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an executive room - its worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ShelleyAnne1
MartaTeplaGM, General Manager at Arcadia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear valued Guest,

I am very thankful for your nice comment about our hotel on TripAdvisor. As a heritage building with a very thick walls we are glad to hear that Wi-Fi connection was running properly, too. I shared your evaluation among F&B staff and it is always encouraging for them to hear a nice experience from you.
I am looking forward to your next visit.
Marta Tepla