“Fantastic hotel with lovely staff”
Review of Arcadia Hotel

Arcadia Hotel
Ranked #15 of 92 Hotels in Bratislava
Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic hotel with lovely staff”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This hotel is just wonderful. It is located on the edge of Bratislava's old town, easy walking distance from all of the attractions in the old town, the castle, the passenger port, railway station and main shopping street, in a quiet little side street. The building has a fascinating history and while the age of the building means that the rooms are quite small and that you can sometimes hear a small amount of noise in the hallways outside your room, it is very charming and cosy.

The staff are the real drawcard here though - efficient, friendly and very, very helpful. They helped with rail timetables, boat tickets, taxis and transfers, guided tours - nothing was too much trouble. They arranged a wonderful guided tour of the Small Carpathians for me that I thoroughly enjoyed. I also dined in the restaurant on the first night of my visit and enjoyed its lovely food and the very attentive service of the restaurant staff. The breakfasts here at this hotel are also very good - pastries, toast, cheeses, cold meats, fruit and a small selection of hot dishes, including potato cakes (delicious), bacon and sausages.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and am grateful to the staff for helping to make my stay in Bratislava so enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Katandapickle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Zurich
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed for two nights @ Arcadia: we appreciated the warm welcome and the extremely friendly & helpful staff. The Executive Room was great as was the spa in the basement of the hotel. Service was impeccable - they even make the beds twice a day.
To complain on a high level one could say that the reception did not meet our request to use the spa for a shower later in the afternoon on check-out day. That would have rounded off an otherwise perfect stay.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Znojmo, Czech Republic
Reviewed April 29, 2013

If you want stay in excellent hotel, with absolutelly nice and helpful personal, luxurious and spacious rooms, amazing SPA and great service is the Arcadia Hotel right choice! We were really excited.
The personal help us make a reservation for UFO Restaurant and organize for us a taxi and when we come back late at night, the have no problem to make us some more drink and if I ask them with a special whish for breakfest they were absolutely helpful.
I can only recommand this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, UK
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Hotel Arcadia is conveniently located right on the edge of the old town. Bratislava itself has a very small centre so you are within walking distance of virtually everywhere you would wish to go to.

The hotel itself is small and has a very light and open atrium at its heart. Upon arrival (by car) the doorman quickly came out and sorted out my luggage and parking. The room was located in the “attic” and the beams and unconventional layout really added to the overall charm and feel. Furnishings were of an high standard and thoughtful touches such as coat hooks by the entrance door, and tea/coffee making facilities (a rarity in European 5 star hotels) were most welcome. Not usually something that I’d mention, but the room was exceptionally clean, every surface from the ceiling down to the floor was spotless, so absolutely top marks there! The rooms are never going to win any awards for style, but they are comfortable, well appointed and feel homely.

Sadly I was unable to take dinner there as they were only serving an Easter four course set menu rather than a la carte for most of my stay. A bit disappointing and any special menus should always (perhaps with the exception of Christmas/New Year’s Eve) be served alongside the usual a la carte. Breakfast was the only meal that I took in the hotel. There was a very high quality selection of fresh fruit, yoghurts, local cheeses and breads and the French toast cooked to order was superb; a very pleasant way to start the day. I also had a couple of cocktails in the bar; these were serviceable rather than memorable but the barman also appeared to double up as the doorman/porter at times too. I’d like to see the bar busier, perhaps introduce happy hours or give guests a voucher for one drink just to make sure this space has some atmosphere and is being used to its full advantage.

All the staff I encountered were extremely helpful and polite and really went out of their way to ensure that I was happy.

Overall a great little hotel where you will certainly feel at home!

Room Tip: Try and go for a room in the attic as these have a lot more character and will make your stay more m...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
MartaTeplaGM, General Manager at Arcadia Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am pleased with your detailed feedback about your experience at Arcadia hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the stay with us, overall. I will share the positive staff comments with them and your recommendation about improvement are very valuable. Easter time in Bratislava is a special season and with special Easter menu we wished to introduce to our guests Slovak traditions.
Apart from Easter menu there are more option for light meals and I am sorry it wasn`t presented to you.
I will be looking forward to your next visit to Bratislava in the future
Sincerely
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Beautifully appointed rooms and lobby. Attentive and very friendly staff. Exceptional breakfast and excellent spa. Bed very comfortable and the little extras were very thoughtful and pampering. Especially enjoyed the excellent wifi in the room and tea and coffee welcome.- all made for a first class stay. Highly recommended for your visit in Bratislava.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an executive room - its worth it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ShelleyAnne1
MartaTeplaGM, General Manager at Arcadia Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear valued Guest,

I am very thankful for your nice comment about our hotel on TripAdvisor. As a heritage building with a very thick walls we are glad to hear that Wi-Fi connection was running properly, too. I shared your evaluation among F&B staff and it is always encouraging for them to hear a nice experience from you.
I am looking forward to your next visit.
Rockville Centre, New York
Reviewed March 21, 2013

When my son and I arrived in Bratislava last July, we immediately found a taxi, although the area of the train station if a little 'iffy'. Our driver got us near the Arcadia Hotel as we requested, but the entrance street was blocked off. This was because new and very attractive cobblestone was being installed. We got our bags and walked up the small street to the Arcadia Hotel. Once there, we took our bags inside, not expecting much. Usually there is a uniformed person to take your luggage in for you, but he was inside somewhere. No matter, once we got that settled, We had a wonderful stay at this hotel and were thrilled with our accomodations. To our very pleasant surprise, we had a pretty duplex, beautifully and comfortably furnished and were very graciously treated by Peter and the hotel manager, Marta. The bathroom was sumptious and included a shower head as big as a dinner plate, so I felt like I was showering beneath a rain forest. Neither of us have a single complaint about this place, although a mosquito managed to get into the first floor, where my son was sleeping, and dive bombed him four times, before he scurried upstairs and was able to get back to sleep. This may have been because on a rainy night, he opened one of the windows. This in no way spoiled his visit. Peter suggested a restaurant for lunch about five minutes away where we actually had one of the better meals of our stay in Central Europe. The breakfast at Arcadia Hotel is, actually grand. It is served buffet style in a wonderfully decorated dining room, and even at breakfast had linen tablecloth and napkins. Every thing was sparkling and clean. I would say the food was very good, a lot of healthy choices, but also if you wanted something on a small scale that was just good breakfast food, that was available too. There is a wonderful bar/library/tea room just off the lobby, we never got in to, but if we go back I felt like I could have spent the day in there, it was so inviting. We felt completely safe here, and enjoyed walking around the small, old town of Bratislava, which was seconds away. On Marta's suggestion, we took a day trip to Castle Devin, which we may not have done otherwise. This is a very worthy excursion and I'm glad we went. We actually felt sad when our time was up. I would suggest this hotel to anyone visiting Bratislava. They try and succeed at making you welcome and without a lot of fuss are very accomodating.

Room Tip: I don't know what the other rooms were like, but we loved ours. We are still talking about it.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank aim2travel
MartaTeplaGM, General Manager at Arcadia Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Honored Guests,

I am glad to hear that you have had an overall enjoyable experience at Arcadia hotel Bratislava. Also I thank you for your constructive feedback. It is always my pleasure to offer our guest the best possible experience so in also out of the hotel. I am truly sorry to hear that the bellboy was not assisting you during your arriaval. Indeed we are entirely committed to our guests satisfaction and I am glad to hear that we have once again achieved our aim. Peter was honored with your personal comment on his assistence. Thank you.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon, I hope.
Buckingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay at the Arcadia Hotel Bratislava. The hotel exceeded our expectations. The hotel itself has been wonderfully decorated and fitted out giving it a most opulent feel as well as keeping historical features. Staff were always attentive and helpful. Breakfast provided an excellent buffet of quality food with hot options like eggs, bacon etc served to you. We dined in the restaurant both nights and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. We also liked the in-room DVD player and a library of DVD's to rent at no charge.
Excellent value for money and definitely one to recommend

Room Tip: Don't think they have a bad room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John N
Dear valued guests,

I am so pleased that your stay at Hotel Arcadia was worth it and that you liked the decor, ambiente and food. Thank you for nice comment about breakfast and staff, too. We will pay always attention to provided services and quality level to our honored guests.