All reviewscentury buildingold townbeautiful hotellibrary barsauna and steam roomexecutive roomspa areaperfect servicemain squareperfect locationstayed for two nightsa lovely staysmall hotelbooked this hotelquiet streetpedestrian zoneshort break
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Hotel Arcadia Bratislava is located right in the historical center of Bratislava. I spent a weekend with my family here and I must recommend this hotel to everyone. From the first moment until the last moment our stay was perfect. We came by car, they don't have their own parking, but don't worry, your car will be taken good care of. The staff at the reception, in the restaurant, the room service and all other things were at highest standards. Very good selection of Slovak wines, very tasty cuisine. Rooms are large and during the night very quiet. We slept well even our 8 month old son slept during the whole night. If you want to pick the best hotel in Bratislava, definitely take hotel Arcadia!

Room Tip: Second floor number 17
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
MartaTeplaGM, General Manager at Arcadia Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to learn about your experience through TripAdvisor. I am glad that we had contributed to make your aniversary stay in Bratislava memorable. Thank you also for nice comment on Resaurant and wine assortment.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

What I like about this hotel, is their personal access to every visitor. You immediately feel like at home. When you come there next time, they treat you as family member. We even already have our room there. When it is available we always get the same room. So, we really feel like at home there. Try also wonderful kitchen and its nice personnel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

thank you for reviewing our hotel among TripAdvisor travelers. I am glad to hear that you appreciate our personal approach and will be glad to offer your favourit room upon your next arrival. The associates and myself like to hear about your recommendation of our menu to other gueast.
I am looking forward to welcome you again in near future

Reviewed February 5, 2013

from the second we arrived we were welcomed warmly, offered a complimentary drink which we enjoyed while our bags were transported to the room. nothing was too much trouble for the staff.
the room was a little dated in style, but extremely comfortable and very spacious, the bathroom was shinning and the toiletries of very high quality.
the staff had left English guide books for us in the room....it's the small things they did that were appreciated!
we really enjoy the breakfast, really tasty, fresh and homemade...well done!
the spa was spectacular!!! we spent 2 hours there then had a Thai massage!

loved it all! why only 4 out of 5? reason....the hotel was very quiet, no one else around, so it lacked a little atmosphere.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Duffster75
MartaTeplaGM, General Manager at Arcadia Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

I am pleased to hear that you shared your experience in Arcadia Hotel with other Tripadvisor visitors.
We care about the comfort of distinguished guests, and despite occupancy , guests are not mutually interfered by design and historians thick walls.
Looking forward to your next vist in a busier month.

Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Two friends and I stayed here one night on the way home from a skiing holiday. When we arrived the receptionist welcomed us personally which was very impressive! The lobby was very grand, like a courtyard outside in!
We were offered complimentary prosecco while we waited for the hotel manager to greet us! She also warmly welcomed us and showed us to our rooms, while giving us a brief history of the hotel.
The room was gorgeous, with an upstairs bedroom for the girls! It was very spacious and the bathroom was luxurious!
After a very comfortable nights sleep, we enjoyed a delicious breakfast, and availed of the spa. We didn't really want to leave the jacuzzi, but we felt we should explore the city before we returned home!
Thank you Arcadia for a decadent experience in Bratislava, we will certainly recommend your hotel for those wanting a city break!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank pandi52
MartaTeplaGM, General Manager at Arcadia Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Guests,

I am so pleased reading your encouraging comment on TripAdvisor. For me it is a personal honor as I was accompaning you to your room. I will pass the information about personalized welcome to the receptionts. I am also happy that you enjoed the Maisonette suite and breakfast, too .
Thank you and I am looking forward to welcome you or your friends here in future.
Marta

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed here 4 nights on a business trip and while the hotel is certainly impressive it is not really suitable for a business trip or for a stay longer than a couple of nights.

The entrance to the hotel is spectacular and the staff friendly and efficient.

My room, while impressive looking had a real problem with temperature control, it was very warm and the A/C seemed inadequate to bring the temperature down. Also my room overlooked the atrium of the hotel so opening the window while cooling the room down also made the room very noisy. In fact even with the window closed the room was very noisy.

Also, the room was very cluttered with furniture which while may sound petty it isn't when you knock into some of it while getting up in the middle of the night to get a drink.

My colleague had a problem with his room which was very small and he had to get moved.

The breakfast was good and included in my room rate. Wi-fi in the room was also free and worked okay.

I didn't have a car on this trip which was just as well as I couldn't see any parking facilities to use.

I also tried to eat in the restaurant on my own one night and was made to feel like a single diner was very unwelcome, so much so I left before ordering.

If you want to treat yourself and partner for a short break in Bratislava this is probably your place - it's right in the middle of the old town - however if you're there for work then there are plenty of more suitable, cheaper options.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank meld33
MartaTeplaGM, General Manager at Arcadia Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your very valuable and much appreciated feedback following your last year` stay with us. Whilst I'm pleased that you seemed to enjoy the location, lobby and breakfast of the hotel, I am most concerned to read that you were disappointed with your room and A/C quality. Few rooms overlooking to atrium have impressive character, some of them even with private balcony, with beautiful stained art glass windows. Valet parking, arranged by our staff for more than 600 cars is only few steps away from the entrance. Hotel Arcadia is 13th century heritage building and each room is different also in a size measures from 20 up to 70 square meters. I understand your demand for more business oriented room and can assure that nice executive room will be offered by your next stay if you give us another chance to prove the qualities.
Thank you once again for recommending us to other leisure travelers, who like the elegancy, history and old city location.
Marta TEPLA