“Excellent on all points”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Arcadia Hotel

Arcadia Hotel
Ranked #15 of 94 Hotels in Bratislava
California
“Excellent on all points”
Reviewed September 29, 2011

I was met very graciously by the door man, who showed me where to park my car until the valet picked it up. Check in was smooth and I was shown to my room by a courteous man who thoroughly explained everything in the room. The room was incredible--very nicely appointed--and the bathroom was even better. Very nicely done and in a nice touch, all the toiletries were high quality and complete, with even relaxation bath salts. The door man suggested areas to visit that were accurate. Upon returning to the hotel in the evening, the bed was turned down and the room prepared for sleeping--very nice gesture. The sleep was wonderful.

Breakfast the next day was nicely done--some meats and cheeses, bread, some sweets, all obviously high quality and set out very well. The homemade chef's cake was incredible! The server offered eggs and omelets and they were cooked well; and the server was friendly and offered a lot of insight to the local culture. On checkout, the manager was present and very gracious--she offered bottled water for the trip, again a very nice touch.

I gave one feedback to the manager about the wireless coverage in my room--it didn't quite reach. The man showing me the room said if the wireless didn't reach my device he would coordinate for a wireless router to be placed in the room. It wasn't necessary because I brought my own Apple router and plugged it into the ethernet port, but it was nice to know they would take care of it if required. The manager also said she would take action on the wireless coverage situation since they had just upgraded the system. Given the offer of the router, I would not say this feedback is negative in any way and you are assured to have wireless internet by whatever means. The connection was speedy enough too.

I worked out in the gym, which is in a cellar of the hotel. It has a neat feel to it--it has been designed very well! Some cardio equipment, a television with remote for watching during a work out, a spa, jacuzzi, and very cool, a dipping pool for cooling off. Offered massage as well though I didn't take advantage of it.

Over all, I can't say enough good things about this hotel. It is in a great location for walking in the old town and exceeded my expectations in all other ways. I hope someday to return!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank ukaspar
MartaTeplaGM, General Manager at Arcadia Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Dear valuable Guest,

I thank you so much for your nice and authentic review. IThe upgrade to better coverage of Wi-Fi solution was installed and I will be honored by welcoming you again in the future in our Hotel.
Marta Tepla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We had a great time in hotel Arcadia on our wedding day. All previous arrangements about our wedding lunch in hotel Arcadia had been handled with professionalism, care and positive attitude of hotel's sales manager. Personnel was friendly and caring, everything went smooth-that's what we appreciated a lot. All our "special" requirements had been accepted, food was delicious and all our guests were pleased by the atmosphere, space and service. We were really satisfied and can only recommend this hotel for similar occasions.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Vejka
MartaTeplaGM, General Manager at Arcadia Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2011
Dear Guests,

thank you for your fantastic feedback about your recent stay with us. I was pleased that the facilities, food and service matched your expectations and I have passed on your comments on to the team, especialy on our Sales and Marketing Manger. I do hope I get the chance to welcome you back personally.

Kind regards,
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We had last Saturday a wonderful reception at Hotel Arcadia.
We therefore kindheartedly thank the entire Arcadia team. They were polite, professional and flexible.
Pascal

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pascal E
MartaTeplaGM, General Manager at Arcadia Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Dear Sir,

it was a honor for us to prepare an event for nobiliarity guests..I am so pleased to note that you enjoyed the warmth of our quality and service. Most of all I'm pleased that you found our team to be so helpful and genuine in their approach. I shell pass your kind words on my collegues. Warm regards, Marta Tepla, General Manager
Ljungby, Sweden
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Beautiful hotel with excellent facilities, lovely rooms and perfect location in the heart of Bratislava. We loved the elegant, historical atmosphere and the cosy Library bar. The SPA is just wonderful, a romantic break from reality. And a big plus for the friendly staff!
We had dinner at the hotels L'Olive Restaurant. The dining experience is my most cherished one from Bratislava. It was wonderful and we enjoyed every second of it. The dishes we have tried were amazing and I strongly recommend the goose liver.
A truly fantastic experience for a great value! We will return.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Annamaria K
MartaTeplaGM, General Manager at Arcadia Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Thank you for posting you review on Trip Advisor. I'm happy to read about your impression of our Spa area and taste and flavour of Restaurant L´Olive. It is an honor for us know, that you will pick our hotel again when you decide to come to Bratislava.
Nitra
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Our family had a chance to experience the Xmas atmosphere of Bratislava last year. After we scrolled down the traidtional Xmas market in the Old Town, we found ourselves in hotel Arcadia that is just few steps away from the main square. Our good mood and happy feelings even strengthen with a warm welcome at the reception hall and following hot wine and tea time by the fireplace at the Library bar. Kids received souvenirs from the receptionist..:) The hotel interior as well as our room were furbished and decorated right up to my taste (antique furniture), so I had a feeling of being at home. We tried the (hotel) L'Olive restaurant next day for lunch, it was really of 5* value! I would recommend Arcadia to all of you who plan to drop and stay for a while in Bratislava. Unfortunately we had no time to use the wellness area. R+3 :)

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Rennieplus3
MartaTeplaGM, General Manager at Arcadia Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for your time to write a nice comment about Arcadia hotel Bratislava and for sharing your experience with other Trip advisor travellers. It will be an honor for us if you pick our hotel again on your next visit of Bratislava.
Kind regards,
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Me and my boyfriend have used Hotel Arcadia for a special weekend package, staying in a very romantic Junior Suite. This hotel has such special ambiente and atmosphere, lovely restored Lobby with absolutely unbeatable position in the car free Old town zone. Can recommend all about this hotel: facilities, nice decor of the rooms, the hotel lobby is really amazing and memorable, SPA is MUST SEE AND MUST USE, however the best treasure except the history of the building and its architecture is one of the best Hotel staff I have experienced ever. Arcadia Staff - keep up your great approach ! And of course not to forget: if you will have chance try the hotel Restaurant with trendsetting Contemporary Slovak cuisine, do not miss this gourmet opportunity - high quality meal, all fresh and delicious.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Eva D
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for posting you review on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to read about your satisfaction with your room , food and service in our Restaurant L´Olive. We are proud to participate on your comfort and nice experience also during your future visit to Arcadia hotel.
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I had a great opportunity to enjoy Hotel Arcadia. The best choice for me and my colleagues from Barcelona as well as business partners! An excellent service, hospitality, delicious meals, thanks to which the duties and meetings went in the pleasant atmosphere. I highly recommend all who want to truly experience the Bratislava unique atmosphere of the historic hotel at the highest level, let them experience the Hotel Arcadia. Once experienced, a hundred times to hear!

Room Tip: Each room is unique. You can select various types, styles.