“The Good , The Bad , The ??????”
Review of Patio Hostel

Patio Hostel
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is going to be a strange review ! Did I Hate it or Love , mmmmm ?
Firstly the room I stayed in was clean , neat and what can I say a advert for Ikea ! It was in a Fantastic location but then again Bratislava is very small and on consideration is something I would do as a day trip from Vienna , However I love Slovakia and can't wait to explore this country and get out into the country side !
My only grip is , I was off the main common area and as a whole most people kept the noise to min But people and doors ??? Why do you have to slam every door ??? Also be prepared for people coming home late so if you leave your window open ?? Well be warned ,,
But I liked it here ,, sorry if this is a weird review ?

Room Tip: Ask for a private room that isn't off the common room , if you want quite or a rear facing room...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Every single thing in Patio Hostel is just so good!

Prices are low considering how many things they can give you: a free water bottle for your first day, locks for your goods, towels, free tea and coffee, and even free food when people let their food for the others.
You can cook your own food with a fully equipped kitchen, showers are normal. Dorms are very comfortable.

It is best situated in the center, there is free Internet everywhere, and even a dedicated room with computers and sofas where you can relax and read their guide that gives you "everything you need to know about Bratislava". It actually helped me so much.

There is also a party room where I didn't go but it looked good.
People are nice and friendly, most of the guests are young travelers whom you can have nice chats with.

They also sell "emergency" breakfast packs for something like 2 euros in case you starve in the morning and you are just too lazy to go outside. They give you super useful maps and they have a very cheap massage chair that is just AWESOME after a day of walking everywhere.

Highly recommended!

PS: during spring and summer they have free shishas and bike rentals.. ;)

Room Tip: My room was the 12-bed dorm. Very good. No problem. There are boxes under the beds where you can loc...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I only stayed here for 2 nights and I didn't really spend any time in the hostel, apart from sleeping. But I would still say this was a great hostel, the staff were friendly, the rooms were clean and the location was perfect. I have paid more to stay in much worse hostels, this place was great value for money.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 10, 2013

as a couple we stayed in a double room/ private. It was the worst room I've ever saw! small dirty with empty walls. one small bathroom and tiny kitchen with uncleaned disches! every time we want to make a tea we had to wasch cups one more time! because of this place our stay in Bratislava was a nightmare! AVOID!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maria F
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This hostel is the worst I've been in and by far.Me and a group of friends went on a trip around central Europe and we stayed in hostels in Vienna, Prague and Budapest.The hostels in these three cities were aall better cheaper and with greater service than this one.The staff took forever to sort out our documents, the rooms were terrible and we had to make our own beds, on top of it all there was no hot water and theee was vomit on the stairs to our room.Definitely the worst hostel I've been in.

Room Tip: Me and a group of friends went on a trip around eastern and central Europe, and we tried hostels in...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Deni I
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed just one night but it was enough.
The Hostel is right in the center. Around the corner is the pedestrian zone with lots of bars and pubs. You can reach easily everything on foot.
The Hostel itself only features the basics. The furniture was ok, in our room 2 beds, one cupboard. That's it. The billows were not really comfy, though.
For the wohle floor was only one toilet and one basin, wich is a bit sparse. And you are not able to close the showers, a curtain is all what you get. The two showers are right next to each other, so if you want to go to the second one, you have to cross the first.
The walls are really thin. We could understand every word from our neighbours and they were only talking normally.
At least you can park your car inside the patio.

For the price it wasn't really good. I've seen better and cheaper.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This hostel had really nice rooms, but everyhting was right from a catalogus from Ikea, which made it quite impersonal. Overall really clean and the staff was nice except for one receptionist which was really rude and didn't make us feel welcome at all!
The bar and lounge are in the cellar which is a pity and the bar looked creepy...
We had a good night of sleep though, cause we had a whole floor to ourselves. Breakfast package was really poor.

Room Tip: The rooms on the highest floors are the better ones!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple