“NO”
Review of Hotel Antares

Hotel Antares
Ranked #28 of 93 Hotels in Bratislava
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I would never recommend this hotel. No customer service at all. I had a huge argument with the owner about bringing drink to the room-it was 40 degrees outside and we bought some water and presents. As the owner said to me they are 4 star hotel not the guesthouse I did not have this feeling. Together with my boyfriend we were supposed to stay one week but check out the day we arrived. If you are travelling to Bratislava make sure you pick big brand hotel. Very disappointed and I did not feel welcomed. Shame.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daniela K

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We found this hotel very clean and the staff friendly. Its quite a walk to the centre and going back all up hill but don't let this put you off . We took a train to Vienna which is well worth it. On the whole a lovely stay

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
TomasBruder, Front Office Manager at Hotel Antares, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, we really apreciate it.
By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.
We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at tomasbruder@me.com.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a business couple of years ago,and I really liked the location. The summer terrace where you can enjoy the breakfast with juice and coffee is unbeatable. The service was OK, the rooms cleaned. In my opinion this hotel definitely deserves 4*

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
TomasBruder, Front Office Manager at Hotel Antares, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Hello Ivana!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Best Western Antares gives a Good value for money. Well, if you like to walk to the old town it is nice but quite a walk as it is on a mountain near the Bratislava castle. But, in result you are getting a great view on the castle and a quite and nice sleep. I really liked the beds which were really nice and fluffy. I didn't try the breakfast, sry. Cheers folks.

Room Tip: Castle view
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank doraemonPEK
TomasBruder, Front Office Manager at Hotel Antares, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We have been staying in this hotel for the New years eve period. The man in the reception wasnt polite at all. We have got a room, the heating was not working at all. We asked for a taxi and told him to call us back to the room once the taxi will be there but nothing. We have been waiting 10 min in the room, went down and asked if the taxi is here, he said - i dont know, it seems to be there that taxi outside. It was so cold my boyfriend didnt let me go out, so he went by his own to ask the driver if its for us or not. When we came back we told to the guy in the reception that the heating is not working properly, he gave us a small heater. We spent the night in a cold room, under the 2 covers and even the heater wasnt enough.In the morning we went for breakfast, it was so poor, small choice, no bread, no eggs, only few slices of ham and cheese, the staff in the breakfast room wasnt polite, they were looking to the guest like they are disturbing them. After the breakfast we spent the day out. We came back, was the same guy there again we told him about our room and that we want to change it. He said - ok, i told to houskeepers about the heating but they didnt tell me anything that is not working or something. I said well, okey than. We went up to the room, the doors on the balcony was opened!!!! There was minus 4 in the room. I cant believe this really. My boyfriend asked later about the pluggin for american charger - we dont have. Im sorry but this is not definitely a best western 4* service!

Room Tip: If we come back, we definitely wont stay here!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
TomasBruder, Front Office Manager at Hotel Antares, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Dear Mrs. Andrea,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Although the location is a little out of the centre, the castle and town are still walking distance. Quality of the room was fair especially considering the price. The "wellness suite" is a nice touch, you can book it by the hour and have the whole place to yourself. The reception staff couldn't have been more helpful and were a real credit to the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012
TomasBruder, Front Office Manager at Hotel Antares, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Sincerely
Front desk

Reviewed October 8, 2012

The hotel is very nice, it is not very fancy, but the rooms are better than average.

The breakfast was very good.

The staff was excellent, extremely helpful; they were really helpful in arranging a van to take a family of 9 to Vienna on short notice.

We asked for a room with the view of the castle when we booked and we got it, it was very nice.

The only minus was that sometimes we could hear people in the other rooms and that it is a 15 minute walk from downtown up a steep hill, but, on the other hand, it was much cheaper than hotels of similar quality downtown.

Room Tip: try asking for a room with view of the castle
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
TomasBruder, Front Office Manager at Hotel Antares, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Sincerely