“Ashthebash” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 94 Hotels in Bratislava
Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa
“Ashthebash”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Moved from another Hotel in in Old town Bratislava because of unfriendly staff and the lanuage barrier to The Lindner. I was not dissappointed as the staff is very friendly and helpfull. they organised tours of the city and also organised a tour to Budapest, Hungary when we requested by suppling taxis to take us to the station. The 13th floor lounge area has an amazing view of the city. The Hotel also has a Mall attached to it with access from the hotel to the mall with stores that caters for all your needs.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TomasJur, Front Office Manager at Lindner Hotel Gallery Central, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Ashley,
It was a pleasure to have you here in our hotel. I am happy you have enjoyed your stay and hopefully we will see you in your next stay.
Take care and all the best to you and your team.
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed here as moved to Bratislava and was waiting on a flat. I had previously stayed at a hotel in right in the middle of Old Town and it was hideous so coming here felt like I was moving into pure luxury! Was really happy to find big comfy beds, a welcome message suited to me, a really innovative bathroom layout and excellent customer service. I didn't use the extra facilities at the hotel but loved the location - a dedicated floor to access the Central Shopping Mall from inside the hotel; 30 seconds walk to a busy tram stop and just a 15/20 minute walk into Old Town! Will definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family when they come and visit!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank JemGard
Dear JemGard,
It is always very helpful to hear a positive review but from a person who travels a lot it is great!
We are open only for short time and want to be one of the best, so thank you for your review and opinion.
I wish you all the best in Bratislava
Prague
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Spent one night there in September 2013.

Good location. Bratislava is a small town so although not in the very center, it is close enough. The hotel opened in May 2013, so everything is new with good finishes.

Check in was smooth and relatively quick. Pleasant staff.

The room was clean, no issues. The room I got was small but sufficient for a short business trip. The only comment I have on the room itself is that the 'genius' designer has a problem with doors: 1) the toilet does NOT have a door. Indeed strange, bearing in mind that the toilet is in a separated space and installing a sliding door wouldn't be at all complicated or costly and 2) there is two entrances to the bathroom and one doesn't have a door either, somewhat the shower door serves both the shower and that entrance. You need to decide whether you want to close the bathroom OR the shower. Therefore, if you want to take a shower with the bathroom door closed, you can't close the shower and as a result you make a mess of the whole bathroom. Unpleasant and entirely unnecessary.

Food in the hotel restaurant is acceptable but pricey for the quality offered. One note: avoid the catfish at all costs. Mine was simply a disgusting bump of fish fat. When the server asked if it was OK and I responded "actually, no. It was too fatty" there was no apology or suggestion to solve the issue.

Breakfast was correct. Sufficient variety and quality. There is no hostess so you are supposed to check in with the server who in my case had that "you have something to tell me, eh" attitude as opposed to politely ask for a room number.

Parking is expensive (EUR 20 per night) relatively to the room rate.

In short, acceptable-to-good, good value for money, some quirks with the room and some issues with the restaurant. I am giving a three-dot rating as 'average' because I don't think it is still 'very good'... a fair rating would be somewhere in the middle.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Nacho_in_Prague
Dear Nacho
Thank you very much for your review and your opinion, as a new hotel open only several months I really appreciate your commends.
Our door set up in bathroom is unique and not to everyone’s taste, it is very modern design, however all our toilet doors do have doors which are also functioning as main doors for bathroom. This give us more space which usually are taken by to many doors.
I am sorry for your fish in restaurant, maybe this is our biggest change for future, which we are taking on, and for example we do have new season menu in restaurant starting now.
Parking in our garage cost 20 euro per night but it is in secure underground garage monitored by CCTV, very warm during cold winter with direct access to our hotel and all floors. We also do have a possibility of parking on the street, however this is not secured.
As brand new hotel we have a lot to improve but also commends from other guest I see we are on right track.
Thank you ones again and I wish you all the best.
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

An excellent new hotel, right in the middle of the shopping Mall. Not so close to the Old Town but I didn't mind the walk. The rooms are extremly clean and the bathroom access is very smart. Few channels on TV and mostly news channels but it is OK if you are not planning to stay in the room all day long. The free wireless is working fine and I could have an OK video call from inside the room.
The breakfast is very good (even though the pastry seemed not so fresh) and the fact that they had soya milk is a plus.
The personnel is very friendly and helpful. All in all a very good choice for the money spent (which was not that much by the way).

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TomasJur, Front Office Manager at Lindner Hotel Gallery Central, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Adrian,
Thank you very much for your positive commends and I hope you’re really enjoyed stay in Bratislava and in our hotel. As we are newest hotel in town we have many things to improve and I am glad we are on right track.
I hope we will see you again.
Best regards

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

I don't usually comment about a hotel until I leave. But this place is worth telling people about. New hotel, therefore spotless. Rooms are gorgeous and they showed me all the rooms as they are promoting to my company. So now to the important part, staff and attitude. Well first class is all I can say. Every query met with a smile. Service for the meal I have just had on the terrace was superb. Reception staff are really good. I live in hotels 10 months of the year (work related) and this is the best by far. About the rooms, quirky bathroom set up that's different and lovely, the abundance of shower and bath options are excellent. Superb bed and bedding. Well stocked fridge, coffee machine. Really happy to know I will be here for the next 6 weeks. 1 tiny point for me is the size of the bath towels, but small towels seem to be the order of the day in Bratislava so that's a local thing. All in all great value boutique hotel. Worst part the hotel is in a new shopping mall with loads of shops. My poor wallet.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room and capitalise on them being new and looking to create a client base.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TomasJur, Front Office Manager at Lindner Hotel Gallery Central, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Amanda,
Thank you very much for your stay with us and I am very happy to have you here and I am so glad you enjoy your stay. We are open not for a long time and therefore we are trying to improve many things still and I am happy it is paying off.
Front Office Manager, Hotel Lindner
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have spent just one night in this hotel, just shortly after its opening in May 2013. As you can expect, everything in the hotel is new and stylish. Rooms are really comfortable and perfectly equiped. Outlook Bar & Lounge in the 13th floor and the view on city, which it allows through the huge windows, is simply marvelous. Just one little slip - solution of the bathroom, which is almost integrated with the rest of the room is not very good...not for a business hotel. But in whole picture - it is a great place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TomasJur, Front Office Manager at Lindner Hotel Gallery Central, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear valuable guest,

Thank you very much for your time and afford to write your comments, we really do appreciate your afford and I’m very glad that you find our hotel nice to stay in. It is very unfortunate that our specially designed, modern, and unique bathroom doors did not meet your personal taste. We have been complimented on the design by many other guests and are therefore sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with their functionality.

We are looking forward to see you soon back in Bratislava
With the very best wishes,
North Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Like NSMKMelbourne we too spent 2 nights at the Lindner as part of a Viking River Cruise and our complaints are basically the same. The worst were the elevators which were a real problem when you're trying to get people checked out and on to a bus in good order. The restaurant was good and the food quality was very good. Being that the hotel is brand new, I expect given time it will improve.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bratislava_FO, Front Office Manager at Lindner Hotel Gallery Central, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us.

We appreciate your feedback with regards to the elevators and other aspects, that your fellow travel companions already mentioned in detail below.

We are happy to hear that there were certain aspects like the food quality and the restaurant that you enjoyed during your stay.

Thank you for understanding our position as a brand new hotel on the market, we will do our utmost to improve during the nearest future!

We will be happy to be welcoming you again soon!

Best wishes from Bratislava,