“perfect”
Review of Ristorante Toscanacci - CLOSED

Ristorante Toscanacci
Cuisines: Italian, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Il Ristorante Toscanacci offre un'autentica cucina Italiana con piatti della tradizione Toscana tutto cio viene cucinato dai nostri cuochi con ingredienti provenienti direttamente dall'Italia. La conduzione del ristorante e' tipicamente familiare come quella di tanti altri importanti e famosi ristoranti italiani nel mondo. Lorenzo e Simonella insieme ai propri figli gestiscono il Toscanacci allo stesso modo dei loro altri ristoranti in Toscana con passione e rispetto della genuinita dei prodotti della loro terra. Buon appetito a tutti !!
Gaiole in Chianti, Italy
“perfect”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

i have been at toscanacci twice with my family.food was so deliciuse and also the service was perfect. The view inside the restaurant was amazing prepaired with photos of italian personalties and places.maître of restaurant joshi was so kind and he gave us some suggestions to visit the city. i am so glad to find real italian restaurant in bratislava.

• Visited December 2012

London, England, United Kingdom
“Not a great evening”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

After learning Toscanacci holds the number one slot on tripadvisor's Bratislavan gastro league table, I was full of eagerness and appetite to taste the Tuscan delicacies on offer. However, I was hugely disappointed with the low standard of the food and the fact that it was not reflected in the disproportionately high food bill. The waiting staff were un-attentive and the the chef was beyond rude when we questioned his watery risotto...I would highly recommend this restaurant if you've got money to burn and want to flatter an exiled Italian chef....That said, I want this to be a serious critique of the restaurant and not just an outlet for my sadness of a spoiled evening. Without sounding pretentious and egotistical I love to cook and believe I know good food when I taste it, I have also traveled the length of Italy on a gastronomic tour - so believe me when I say this - Toscanacci is overpriced, lacks an atmosphere and would certainly face closure if it wasn't in an uncompetitive market.

• Visited December 2012
6 Thank 143Diesel
Lorenzo2202, Proprietario at Ristorante Toscanacci, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Respectable customer,We agry to accept any comment or criticism from our cliente. but to read your this comment makes us uderstood, how much it is clearly prepaired for damage us.The risotto that we served you is the same risotto for which we had lots of compliment from a very famouse Kitchen Magazine that you can also read on internet on website of Trend Magazine, where you will find the positive comment on our risotto. You can not write a watery risotto beacause that risotto was compact and solid. made with original porcini from italy, and home made demiglass, and the special talegio cheese, like we make and made allways. All our ingridients comes from italy every 20 twenty days. and our restaurant in Toscana got prize of being an exellente italian restaurant of 2012. All this is to say that we are doing an honest and autentic work of TOSCAN FOOD. About the price we are in medium cetagory,despide we buy everything from italy. If you so expert about cooking, we think you understood all thease ingridients so we dont understand why in all your trips you just wrote only this review in AS SUSPECT!!!!! At the end cheff was right to get angry beacause that your justice was not right.A very good bye to your friends!!!
Bratislava, Slovakia
“great italian food and atmosphere”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

this place is genuinly italian and just great! fantastic place for all who love italian cuisine. if you can't chose from the menu just ask the super friendly staff to pick the best meal for you (they're mostly italian btw which makes it feel even more like sitting in napoli), i do so all the time and have never been dissapointed.

amorefirenze
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Genuine Italian Food, Great Service, Great Location”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The food was delicious and after a trip through Italy, it tasted genuinely Italian. The servers were all very accommodating and the manager Joshi personally greeted our table to make sure everything was to our liking. We had a great time talking to him and he had our whole table laughing! I love meeting people along the way that also tell us the best sites to see while we are in town and they definitely made sure to help us. We ate there 2x on our trip! Will go back again if I am ever in Bratislava.

1 Thank amorefirenze
Florence, Italy
“Delicious!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I absolutely love this place. Everything I have eaten here has been very good and there is always great service. I especially enjoy Joshi's service. He is always very positive and interested in the customers. It is great to walk into a place that truly cares about how you are doing. I always leave this place wanting to come back for more. I will keep going back and I definitely will recommend this place to everybody. Beautiful and delicious!

3 Thank VanessaPalaj