“Oh Sweet Bratislava!”

Gastro u Jakuba
Ranked #481 of 1,470 Restaurants in Bratislava
Cuisines: Eastern European
Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

Outstanding cusine! On our trip to Slovakia, Kamil and I decided to try this place out. Kamil told me it tasted just like his Baba made back in the day. Kony was in Poland and came across the border and met us in Slovakia. He told me this was better than his Babcia's cooking. Kamil and Kony were impressed by the vast array of potatoes and chicken. You know what they say, it's not the food you have, it's the people you share it with! This was such a beautiful mouthwatering experience. Kony and Kamil asked to take some home.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed January 4, 2017 via mobile

Since the food is in a bain marie you will be served immediately. You can easily point to the food you are after. A soup and main were all 3.80€ it didn't matter which options you choose. The signage are all in Slovak since this is a cheap workers kitchen. The food was wholesome and delicious.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed June 28, 2016 via mobile

I had lunch here today. Today's special was €3.80. I handed the cashier a €20 bill, but she only gave me back €6.20, instead of €16.20. I told her that I gave her a €20 bill and she should have given me €16.20. But she didn't understand English (or pretended that she didn't understand.). I argued for a while but she just kept shaking her head.

This is a terrible experience. I paid €13.80 for a €3.80 meal. Avoid this place!!

Date of visit: June 2016
5  Thank hhh39
Reviewed December 10, 2015

We knew the place from a previous visit few years ago,it was still there,the problem is that nobody speaks english,still we managed to understand what we ordered.Good,clean food,soups etc,price unimportant,just a few euros,if owner had more ambition this place could be no 1 in the city.

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed September 23, 2014

If you are seeking good meal for cheap prices this is your place. Usually it's full of working people from nearby companies. it's not Michelin restaurant at all, but meals are good and you can taste some typical food cooked also in Slovak families. Within it's category this is really very good, recommended place.

Date of visit: September 2014