Returned from this hotel yesterday. Stayed for 4 nights. This is a very basic hotel but I did love the 70's feel! There is wood panelling EVERYWHERE, old-style furniture in the lobby, on floors, etc. which made my stay feel like a trip to 1972!!!
Surprisingly, the bedrooms were quite simple and modern in their look with dark wood panels and white walls - no 70's feel here! Bathroom was small but nice, with a good shower. Also, had a balcony which was nice, and breakfast food was good. There is a big supermarket across the road, and restaurants nearby which is handy.
The things which were a let down are the following:
- Ants in the bedroom. I got bitten quite a bit, and while I'm pretty sure my bites were from flying insects, I did find ants in my bed!
- Gates on the stairs looked a bit prison-like!
- The lifts were literally like dark-brown cattle vans, and were not very encouraging to ride in! Had to keep your finger on the button for your floor otherwise it just kept stopping along the way.
- The balcony floor had broken and missing tiles (the latter were stacked in a pile in the corner) and had not been swept in ages.
- While the bathroom, beds and towels were clean, not all parts of the room were including ceiling and balcony.
- Not sure air-conditioning was working
This was not a bad stay, but I would not rush to stay there again.
The only other thing to add was that I was staying there as part of a sporting event, and when it was over, there was not a large range of breakfast food as there had been previously.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Dom Sportu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.