“Much ado about nothing”

42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Much ado about nothing”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

As a local, I walked past Cumil many times in my life so I may not actually see the interesting thing about this statue. And believe me, I have tried to like it. Yet I find it pointless. There are so many more beautiful statues in Bratislava. But I must admit that people, especially tourists, like it and they do take photos with it.

So I guess it is not your usual statue that you see anywhere but honestly, what is so interesting about it?

Visited August 2013

• Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
88 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“just a quick stopover at this iconic statue”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

there's a sign next to our little cheerful Cumil, saying "man at work", in case you don't notice this man, whose head and forearms are peeping from a manhole. as many tourists take pics on top of him, his hat has been rubbed gold. Comes in handy to fool around and take some drunken pics, as he is just some 20 m above the ground, virtually represents no danger, eve for drunk folks (unless you oversee and stumble upon it)

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Zuzana M
Sligo, Ireland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“good photo op”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Good chance to get up close and personal with one of the iconic sights of the city but you probably wont spend very long with him.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank girlsligo
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Fun statue”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

It is just a statue. Our tour guide told us that it was one of the most popular attractions for tourists in Bratislava! Worth seeing and having your picture taken with I guess.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Max_Henchliffe
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Just an statue on the ground”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The first day I passed in front of it I barely noticed. At night when I reached the hotel and searched in the internet was when I found out that it was a famous statue. It is nothing much, just an statue placed on the ground, but it will take you only 5 minutes to take a picture and go.

Visited July 2013