All reviews presidential palace the club lounge old town limo service business hotel pool and sauna good size big hotel excellent hotel business trip well located hotel the heart of the city enjoyable stay rooms are nice eastern europe within easy walking distance vienna airport
Selected filters
Reviewed May 6, 2019

A large spacious lobby and an efficient reception staff. We were checked in in a few minutes. Our room was ready. The room was spacious too. All amenities one would need for a nice stay is available. Clean rooms/bathroom. The view of the road from the room was good. It is opposite the Presidential palace. 10 minutes easy walk to the old town which has plenty of restaurants and cafes. There is a supermarket near the hotel. We did not opt for the breakfast as there were cafes near by. In room safe is available which I consider important. The hotel is not far from the train station. We came in from Vienna. It cost us 18 euros to the hotel. The hotel provides a shuttle service. They also arranged for us on departure day a taxi to Vienna airport.
I would strongly recommend this hotel.

Room tip: Request for the Street view
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony L
Reviewed April 28, 2019

Everything is present for a businessman to be able to work, have rest, but also find nice food and be able to forget work.
Only thing is that this place is huge and unpersonal. But this is normal fot this hotel category.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2019

I booked this for a two night break. The location is very good and close to the old town and relatively close to the train station.

I checked in late Friday night and checked out Sunday. I was allocated room 456. Nice double room with desk and sofa area.

Complimentary water, teas, coffees, hot chocolate and some small biscuits and chocolates.

Breakfast was wonderful with plenty of choice. Fresh omelette station, pastries, continental meats/cheeses and even an orange juice presser.

The hotel has a wonderful gym, pool, sauna and steam room. It's located on the 1st floor. I walked around the second floor for ages thinking it was there.

The service here was fantastic. Everyone was very friendly and I appreciated this as a solo traveller.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Beckyboo1986
Reviewed March 31, 2019

Stayed only one night. Had problem at front desk with initial staff---didn't understand we needed two single beds. Eventually found staff who spoke English well and resolved quickly. Minor issue well resolved.

Conveniently located near tourist area. Moderate walk to train station...taxi ride would have been inexpensive and easy.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 22, 2019 via mobile

It's a pretty good hotel, but not one that meets Crowne Plaza standards. If you're familiar with the Crowne Plaza brand and expect the same staying experience in this one, you're bound to be disappointed.

Reasons why I am not thrilled with this hotel

1. The room was in incompletely serviced when I checked in. There were no shower gels, body lotion in the bathroom. There was only a bar soap. Upon ringing up the reception, I was told that Crowne plaza Bratislava only provides a bar soap. (Obviously, this is not accurate, as the next day when my room was serviced, shower gels did appear in my bathroom. Besides, even budget hotels provide those. Holiday inn under the same IHG umbrella provide those, let alone Crowne Plaza). I gather the hotel staff are under trained, to the extent that they don't know what toiletries are provided on the rooms

2. Prior to arriving at Crowne plaza Bratislava, I had been travelling for several days and I needed a nail clipper. I was shocked when I was told that the reception didn't keep those. From my previous stays at crowne Plazas, I know that a nail clipper is an on request amenity.

3. I needed a UK to EU wall adapter and rang up the front desk requesting one. I was told that room service would take 15 minutes to deliver it to my room, and It'd be quicker if I pop over to the reception to fetch it myself. At midnight, when i can barely keep my eyes open, two things I can't be bothered to do are
i. Wait 15 minutes for the adapter to arrive (it took longer actually)
ii. Get dressed to pop over to the reception to fetch it myself.

As someone who has stayed in multiple Crowne Plazas in Europe and Asia, I can confidently say that this one is not up to the mark.

It also sort off ruined the Bratislava experience for me, as I was spending time raising my concerns to the management when I was meant to be sightseeing the next day morning.

All in all, a terrible experience if you are used to being pampered at other Crowne Plazas.

(Reviewed by a spire elite member of the IHG's loyalty programme)

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
DanielTomkoGM, Generálny riaditeľ at Crowne Plaza Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2019

Dear Mr Vinod J,

Thank you very much for being IHG Spire Elite Member and leaving your candid review. We do apologize not living up to your expectation on this occasion. I would be very happy to welcome you back on your next trip to Bratislava.

With kind regards