All reviewsboat hotelufo towergreat locationgreat boatdecent budget hotelopen the curtainsold towncity centrepateufo restauranta couple of minutes walkrooms are cleandouble bedcomfortable stayshort stayyogurtdanube
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We had a river view room with 4 large windows which provided good views of the river traffic, fast flowing water and the UFO Bridge. The room was spacious and clean with a compact bathroom. Not modern, but comfortable. 4 spaces are available next to the dock for free parking. While operable windows may provide some ventilation, there is no air conditioning for hotter weather. We were comfortable for our cool, rainy stay. A good value for Bratislava. Wonderful, immediate proximity to old town. Breakfast was great, with several varieties of eggs, sausage, and cold selections. It was a different and pleasant experience sleeping on a riverboat. I would recommend the Botel Gracia.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joyfuljourneys26
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My mother and I stayed here in June 2013 as we had read good reviews and wanted to experience staying on a boat on the Danube. The staff of the Botel were lovely and could not be more helpful particularly when we had booked a river view and were given a room facing the town. The lady changed us to a river view room without any hassle. The Botel Gracia could be a fantastic place to stay but is just lacking a few things. We stayed when it was very warm and the Botel Gracia could do with air-conditioning as it was very hot in the room. The room that we had could do we refurbishment and modernisation. Sadly, we stayed at the weekend and had a group of boys on a stag do singing and shouting at the end of the boat next to our room all night. However, it was a good experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lynzz30
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Although Botel Gracia has some excellent aspects, it does have some aspects which they need to improve upon to take the botel to the next level. (hence naming this review a diamond in the rough).

Firstly, Botel Gracia is quirky (well it is a boat on the mighty danube!) and about a 5 minute walk into Bratislava's historic old town and the spectacular Bratislava castle (which is visible from the hotel provided you have a city facing room or cabin.) Also, the staff were always very very polite, helpful and were able to offer advice and book taxis etc.

That said, the botel has some serious aspects which limit it. The first issue we had was the air conditioning (or lack of). Unfortunately none of the rooms have air conditioning which can make sleeping very very very difficult especially in the heat of the summer. The other area that limited this botel was the noise in city facing rooms (as it is on the promenade and one of Bratislava's main streets. Unfortunately the windows were not double glazed so the noise sometimes kept us awake.

When I am asked can I recommend a hotel, I ask myself would I want to spend another night or two here and I think I probably would so if you are staying in Bratislava, (provided they make the above changes), I would defiantly stay here again especially when one considers the price.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank EdLonge
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This botel is right in the centre of Bratislava, next to the UFO bridge, and within a couple of minutes walk of the old town and the hydrofoil terminal for Vienna.
The rooms were cheap, and if you are lucky enough to get a room facing the Danube (just ask) the views are absolutely incredible!
The inclusive breakfast was fabulous, highly recommended.
Unfortunately the terrace was closed for renovation, and the free wi-fi was very spotty in the rooms.
Also, watch out for noisy neighbours (stag parties) on Fridays and Saturdays.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing the Danube.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MarkHealey
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel is superbly located, just 3 minutes' walk into the Old Town area and with stunning views of the Danube.

It was also easily reachable from Vienna airport - you can either catch the Slovak Lines bus to the Mlynské Nivy coach station and then walk for 15-20 minutes through the beautiful Old Town, or you can catch the Blaguss Line to the Nový most bridge which is about 5-10 minutes' walk from the botel. Of course, you can also arrive or depart on the hydrofoil which ends up about 2 minutes' from the botel.

I booked through a 3rd party website as it was cheaper than booking through the hotel itself and, as a single traveller, I was given a triple room!

I loved being able to wake up and look out from my bed over the river and towards the UFO tower on the bridge nearby. There was more then enough space for myself and the bathroom contained a nice, clean, warm shower. I was very happy with my space.

Breaksfast was also good, with enough of a selection to please everyone, I suspect.

The ONLY thing that has made me mark down the hotel is that it was incredibly noisy! The first night I had to put up with disco music until about 11 pm and throughout the following afternoon and night until about 11 pm again there were persistent loud noises that sounded like there was a rollercoaster flying over my head all the time. I managed to move rooms to two floors below, but it was still quite noisy.

I would certainly recommend staying here, but only if you had a view over the river and only if you brought earplugs with you.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view over the Danube to make it worthwhile staying on a botel in the first place.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo