“relaxing for busy traveler”
Review of Hotel West

Hotel West
Ranked #53 of 92 Hotels in Bratislava
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Every time I visit Bratislava on my business trips, I always choose to stay in Best Western's Hotel West. I like the location in the quiet and relaxing forest yet still close to the city. I like the hotel's architecture and interior design. I feel very comfortable staying in this hotel because the staff is very friendly and professional. The food and customer service are excellent. I recommend this hotel to my friends and business associates.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed March 18, 2012

This hotel is surround it by the forest and is quiet and relaxing for stay. With excelent restaurant and personal.

Room Tip: I staid in apartmant in 4 floor- very nice....
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 25, 2011

The WEST Hotel in Bratislava is placed on the top of a hill, close to the TV tower. It is a nice choice for those who like to disconnect with the business for a while or to take a rest for a weekend.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2010

What a delightful surprise! Despite exploring Bratislava in the gloomy weather on a Monday when many things are closed, our day ended with true pleasure. Our welcome at the front desk was friendly, professional & helpful, our room comfortable and spacious, but the highlight was our dinner. IN a country with a zero tolerance for DUI we decided to eat at our hotel restaurant which we rarely do. We loved to be located in this beautiful hardwood forest and took our chances. what a surprise to find out that the meal surpassed our best ones in Vienna, the prices were half, and the service excellent; especially his knowledge of how to delight us with Slovakian wines. Don't miss this!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2010

This hotel is set right on the edge of the city in a forest. Great for walking and cycling. We found the staff friendly and willing to help. The rooms are a little dated. The hotel has a lovely decking area for drinks that gets the sun most of the day.
Breakfast ok - nothing special.
A big attraction within 500m is the telecomunication mast that is set on the hill. The mast features a revolving restaurant from which there are great views of the city

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2008

If you want to be in the center of Old Town, this is not the place for you. BUT, if you don't mind being out of the city center, and you are looking for some relief from summer heat, a safe place to park a rental car, and fabulous food, stay here. (We had dinner at the hotel's restaurant and it was one of the best meals I have ever had - about $65 for 3 people, two of which were hungry teenage boys.) We had an apartment suite which was quite spacious, modern, very clean, and comfortable. Only drawback was the hotel wasn't as inexpensive as I thought it meant be for Eastern Europe.

• Stayed: July 2007
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed May 28, 2006

The location of this hotel is awful. It is in a remote place. 10 mintues is a long way from the city center. It is almost in the country. I believe it is in near the forest preserve. However, I had to take a cab into the city and even though it was not that expensive (though each cabbie charged me something different) it added up. And when I went back at the end of the day, I felt sort of stuck there, unless I wanted to pay for another cab.

The hotel itself was clean and my room was huge. The staff was okay. Some were more friendly than others. When I could not sleep at night, the evening desk clerks let me use one of the office computers to surf on line.

The restaurant was okay too. Breakfast was included and I ate dinner there since I did not have many other options.

I would check out other hotel options closer to the city center. Bratislava is a great city. I just wished I stay at a more convenient hotel.

• Stayed: June 2005