All reviewssalt cavecity centrehunting trophiesthe busnice hotelvenisonold townmini bartesco expressquiet areaminute walkfree wififour star hotelcost euroshotel restaurantthe air conditioningby foot
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I've been 6 weeks there, as I had a project from my work in Bratislava, so I believe that my opinion can be very relevant.

From outside hotel looks post-communistic, but don't get mislead, as the inside is very different!

The staff is very helpful, reacting like a flash, also via the e-mails (I've left my personal belongings in there twice).

The housekeepers were at most cases OK. One week I had a girl, who didn't sweep the floor (I have dark hair, so I saw my hair for 4 days on the floor), but at the same time she had no problem to go inside my room at 7:30 twice, to ask if I'm pleased with her services (once I was in my pajamas, but once I was naked...)

Restaurant is fantastic, lead by a great cook, with assistance of very kind and helpful waiters. Those who stay at the hotel, get 20% rebate on the dishes (all except business menu sets). I've eaten EVERYTHING from the menu, there wasn't any single dish that I wouldn't like.
I only strongly suggest to read about Butter Fish in the internet first and decide if you want to risk.

Room Tip: I've been in various rooms (1-3 people), on various floors. (3-6). Single rooms were not very cosy & rather dark, but as they are located at the 6th floor, they had a small terrace and a chair, so one could sit and relax in there. The rest of rooms was very nice, bright, colorful (3rd floor is in orange and dark "wood" with bath, 4&5 in green, 6 is in orange and brown On 4-6 floor I had showers.. My favorite ones were at the 3rd floor, not because of the bath, but because of the room look.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
ApolloHotelManager, Manager at Apollo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear customer,
Thank you for your nice and positive review. We are very happy to hear that you were satisfied with services of our hotel; we are trying to do our best. We are local individual hotel and are very glad that you appreciate atmosphere, nice employees, as well as the quality of our well known St. Hubert restaurant. We have already made several improvements in our housekeeping department, including the communication training. Regarding our hotel building, we are going to renovate the facade to have the better first impression.
We wish you all the best; we are looking forward to your next visit in Apollo Hotel Bratislava.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The hotel itself is clean and tidy but a bit of a hike from the Old Town where the bars and restaurants are. Having said that there is a bus stop less than 5 minutes walk where buses are frequent enough in to town and the transport is cheap enough. The rooms where cleaned daily. There is a safe in the room and a internet connection, but I used free Wi-Fi throughout the visit with a decent connection throughout. The bathroom was decent enough but one slight problem was the shower leaking onto the floor making it very slippy!!!!!
We only ate breakfast at the hotel as there is so many restaurants and bars in the old town and Vienna is only an hour away by train. The choice for breakfast itself was good enough with the usual cold meats,cheese,cereal,breads,youghurts and normally about 6 items per day on the hot plate. However I had food from the hot plate on all 4 mornings and at best it was luke warm not very hot!!! This was the only problem in my opinion with the hotel.
The hotel looks like it's in a dodgy area but we walked through late at night without any problems so I would say looks can be deceptive.
We caught the bus from the airport which is bus number 61 to Hlavne Stanica the main rail station takes about 30 minutes on a good run. Before boarding you need to purchase a 0.90eur ticket which is valid for 60 mins or 90 mins at weekend. The machine does give change but only for 5 and 10 euro notes. When boarding the bus these need to be validated in the machine.
Once at the train station you take bus number 93 for two stops to outside the Presidents palace. From there cross the road twice for trolley bus number 207 for six stops.
From the hotel to the old town it is 5 stops and to the castle 9 stops. I would advise buying aload of 15 minute bus tickets at 0.70 Euro on arrival as this saves hassle of trying to find machines - as the stop near hotel doesn't have one - however they can be bought at tobacco stalls at train station.
Vienna is easily accessible in a day from the main train station with trains to Wien Hauptbahnof every hour roughly. A return will cost 13 euro's. Once at Wien Hauptbahnhof head for U1 the underground and buy a day ticket which costs 7.10 euros - this needs to be validated. From there we went to Schonbrunn (Palace) then to Stephensdom (Cathedral,bars and restaurants) and to Herengrasse (Spanish riding school) before getting train back. The underground is easy enough to use.
One place I can recommend to eat is the Slovak pub in the old town. We ate there 3 times and the food was good and cheap. Can recommend the dumplings and also the pork knuckle!!!! 8 local beers was about 11 euros and for a meal and a few beers set us back about 40 euros
We also find an Indian called the Ashoka which I wasn't too impressed with.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mark87008

Dear customer,
Thank you very much for telling us your opinion. We are honestly sorry to hear that part of our services was not at the level that you have expected. We would like to assure you that we have already made several improvements. We will have the brand new hot buffet technology in within the few months; this will improve the hot buffet quality. Regarding our hotel building, we are going to renovate it next year, to have a better first impression. On the other hand, we are very happy to hear, that you were satisfied with your accommodation and a free wi-fi. One more time, thank you for giving us the chance for improvement and for telling us your experience.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Fine room, not a cool location, staff a bit short, but brekkie was ok, something for all. We were woken by the maids very LOUD chatting across the lobby, not at all considerate considering we put the "do not disturb sign" out... wont go back..

Room Tip: Anywhere away from gossiping maids..
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear customer,
thank you very much for telling us your opinion. We are very sorry to hear that part of our services was not at the level that you have expected. We would like to assure you that we are doing continual improvements to better the product and keep it in a good quality level. We have already spoken to several of our housekeeping staff members and have added communication standards training again. One more time, thank you for giving us the chance for improvement.
We wish you all the best, with kind regard,

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We got a taxi from the train station and were glad as we probably would have never have found it. The staff were friendly and helpful, we had no problems checking in and were well informed of the amenities. We walked into town with the help of the map we were provided with at reception. The old town was lovely and was worth the walk. We were glad to be back in the hotel before it got dark, as the neighbourhood would not be the most desirable. We used the salt chamber, which was a great amenity to have. We dined in the hotel restaurant and really enjoyed the atmosphere and the food was amazing. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was really nice and varied. It was a lovely hotel but only downfall was the location.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear customer,
Thank you for your review, it is always nice to hear that our customers are satisfied with services of our hotel. We appreciate that you liked our St.Hubert Restaurant, which was many times awarded for its excellent venison and offers various gourmet menus in affordable prices. We are also happy to hear that you find our guest rooms comfortable and that you liked our employees and staff members.
We are looking forward to welcome you again at Apollo Hotel in the future. We wish you all the best.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Been to this hotel for one short visit to Bratislava.
The Hotel is very nice, rooms are big and breakfast has a big selection of everything.
The Hotel is in walking distance to the old town area, at avout 20 minutes by foot.
Parking was 9 euros per day, but remember that in the weekends parking on the streets is free...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ionescu D
ApolloHotelManager, Manager at Apollo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear customer,
thank you very much for your nice and positive review, we are happy to hear that you were satisfied with services of our hotel. We are very glad that you liked our rooms, as well as breakfast offer. We also appreciate your positive valuation of our location and its connectivity to downtown.
We wish you all the best and are looking forward to your next visit in Apollo Hotel Bratislava.