All reviewssalt cavecity centrehunting trophiesthe busnice hotelvenisonold townmini bartesco expressquiet areaminute walkfree wififour star hotelcost euroshotel restaurantthe air conditioningby foot
Reviewed May 14, 2011

Spent a night here on business and the hotel itself was much better than I thought it was going to be. The rooms are a bit dated - have an 80s feel but spacious. The dining room for breakfast had a fantastic atmosphere and the breakfast choice was excellent.

As for location the hotel is about a 25 minute walk into the historic centre. The hotel is on the edge of the city centre just before the city becomes a cross between an industrial state and a wasteland. I wouldn't rush back to Bratislava but I would consider staying here again if I ever returned

Room Tip: Go high - the 6th floor suites are excellent
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank LondonDavidS
ApolloHotelManager, Manager at Apollo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2011

Thank you for your time to write this review. We are glad, that you liked your stay in Apollo Hotel and we will be happy to welcome you in Bratislava again .

Reviewed April 10, 2011

The building is not pretty from the outside but the interior makes up for this. Lots of dark wood and brass.

Our bedroom was spacious with a great bathroom - both were spotless.

Staff were friendly and able to assist with directions.

Breakfast was tasty and plentiful and there was a great selection but the hot food wasn't always hot!!

The coffee was great but the fruit juice tasted cheap and sweet!

Try the breads and bread rolls!!

We didn't try the leisure facilities so I can't comment on them.

The old town was about a twenty minute walk but there is a 205 bus nearby - travel is cheap - buy a ticket for the length of your stay and you can hop on and off as you please.

Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
ApolloHotelManager, Manager at Apollo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2011

Dear Hotel Guest,

thank you very much for taking time to share your experience at our hotel during your recent stay. We are very sorry that the breakfast buffet did not meet your requirements. After your constructive feedback we made some improvements, and now there is always one cook responsible for hot buffet breakfast to ensure the right temperature of the meals served.

Thanks again for your feedback and we would appreciate to welcome you at Apollo hotel again.
Kind regards,
Martina Cibulkova, Sales and Marketing Manager

Reviewed January 13, 2011

My wife and I travelled with 2 friends and stayed 5 nights over New Year 2010/11 at the Apollo Hotel. We really enjoyed Bratislava and the old town is very nice. New Years Eve was brilliant with music in the main squares and fireworks over the Danube. The Apollo is a good 15 mins walk from the old town which was ok for us, but there is a tram stop outside and taxis are cheap and in the evening 6pm-11pm there is a free shuttle. The hotel is very nice inside and very well kept, well appointed and well deserving of its 4 stars. Check in was very efficient and the room was very nice with a beautiful bathroom. The minibar was free for the duration of our stay and replenished daily but only with water, beer and soft drinks, nevertheless very welcome. A welcome drink was offered which we took at our dinner on the second night. The food in the dining room was excellent and I recommend the Venison and Wild Boar. Best of all a 3 course meal with drinks was about 12-15 Euros. Breakfast was hot or continental or both and was as good as I have had anywhere. All in all I can’t fault the hotel. Excellent value for what we paid. Also one hour on the train from Vienna were we spent a day.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
ApolloHotelManager, Manager at Apollo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear customer,
Thank you for your review, it is always nice to hear that our customers are satisfied with services of our hotel. We appreciate that you liked our St.Hubert Restaurant, which was many times awarded for its excellent venison. We also offer special menus of international cuisine in affordable price. We are looking forward to welcome you again at Apollo Hotel in the future. We wish you all the best.
With kind regards,
Apollo Hotel Management

Reviewed October 24, 2010

Hotel's location is a 30 minute walk from the river and the old town. Parking and wireless internet are free. The building is unimpressive on the outside, but the interior is quite pleasant if outdated. The included breakfast was good.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 23, 2010

We stayed two nights at this hotel - which was one night too long in my opinion (though that's because Bratislava was a bit too quiet to warrant two nights). Our stay was enjoyable at this hotel, with a few things worth mentioning.

First off, the location. I don't really know what this hotel is close too or who it caters to. It seemed to be convenient to nothing really, least of all the city centre which was a long kilometre away. The area was a bit odd, less pleasant than old Bratislava, but not dangerous or anything - just an odd location seemingly in the middle of a neighbourhood for no reason. We enjoyed the fountain out front as well as the two local pubs (and their cheap beer) that flank the west side of the building. The walk into town was longer than I would've thought for 1km and while it was enjoyable the first time, it quickly got old. I'm sure a bus could be caught into town but we didn't really feel like doing that for such a short ride.

The hotel itself is nicely appointed, if not just a bit old fashioned. The large dining room where we had the extensive included breakfast featured dead animals on the walls, similar to a hunting lodge. Coupled with the wood furniture, you'd swear you were in the woods. There was also a small exercise facility in the hotel and a free salt cave to relax in (a unique experience).

The rooms were tidy and clean, and typical. We had two single beds, desk and a medium sized bathroom. There was also a complimentary minibar with beer, soda and water in it for us to enjoy. Rooms also had free wifi, which is always appreciated.

Overall, although I had no problem with the hotel itself, I wasn't too fond of the location. I suppose if price were the ultimate factor, I'd stay here again but next time I may choose to stay closer to the city. If you have some reason to be in the area though, or have a stay coming up at this property - you can rest assured that it's a nice place to lay your head down.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends