“Well worth it”

Bratislava City Museum (Mestske Muzeum)
Book In Advance
More Info
$38.52*
and up
Bratislava City Highlights Walking Tour
Ranked #27 of 250 things to do in Bratislava
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I stumbled across this by accident. I didnt even know it was here. I ended up going through this arched entry way into a courtyard then I saw the signs for the museums. It only cost 5 Euro and there is a lot of interesting things to see. Your ticket also includes the tower which gives you very nice views.

1  Thank World-wander-woman
"medieval torture"
in 5 reviews
"the main square"
in 13 reviews
"great views from the tower"
in 4 reviews
"well worth the visit"
"two hours"
"rainy day"

Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is an okay museum to visit and learn a bit about the city of Bratislava.The staff are not very friendly. They are very insistent on which direction you walk. Sometimes it's nice to go back and look at an exhibit after another group has finished seeing it. We were being followed and stared at the entire time by the staff because we returned to a room a second time. Unless you buy the Bratislava Card, spend your money elsewhere.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

It was a rainy Sunday afternoon, so Iheaded to the city museum. The entrance is hidden beyond an arch way. For 5E you can see the entire museum which gives a history of the city. There are lots of artifacts and all well labelled in English, German and Slovak. Great views of the square from the windows too. The museum itself is quite big, with many rooms and lots of staff directing visitors around the route. I would say it would take around 2 hours minimum to see everything. The staff spoke little English. There are lockers and clean bathrooms. For 5E it is a bargain especially on a cold or wet day.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

The entrance to this beautiful nugget is hidden in a small off street courtyard ! You really can't imagine from the exterior how large this hidden jewel really is ! The museum is crammed with priceless objects alongside many other hidden treasures ! Make sure you give yourself at least two hours to get round and be aware it closes around 5pm ! f

1  Thank Michael M
See more reviews
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Arrived with a tour which explored thee town but did not address the Bratislava Castle. We had a free afternoon so a friend and I climbed the hill to tour the castle. I am sure that we found the most difficult way to get up to the castle - look at a map first and find the roads that are on the side by the river. We were expecting good views and the typical tour of castle rooms. This is not what we found. Instead, the castle has been converted into an art museum with many unique pieces of art related to Slavic and Austro-Hungarian history. I am not a fan of art but found the collection interesting. The icing on the cake was the many, many steps to climb to the top of the one tower which provided great vies of the city and the river area. It would have been better if the windows had been cleaner, but I will not volunteer to clean them - way too high for me. This was a ice addition to our visit to the city. The walk down was easier once we found the better roads.

1  Thank Riverdog1