New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Shop Creative Toys

Shop Creative Toys
Ranked #10 of 31 Shopping in Bratislava
More attraction details
Owner description: "Rozptylovackarstvo" is a shop with a wide and quirky collection of toys and gifts for clever children of all ages.Our toy shop offers creative toys, kits, models, solar cars, robots, kaleidoscopes, top toys, brain teasers, puzzles, games for children .... Here you will find inspiration for fun and amusing as well as many original gift ideas. Our toys are able to stimulate interest in nature, science and technology by learning the laws of physics and natural laws.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Free Play toy store rocks for kids of all ages”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled across the TEDx talk of the charming owner of this toy store in Bratislava. Found out that the store moved from Bastova to Venturska 7 when I passed through Bratislava on a Viking River tour. This place made an old timer feel like a kid again with grandkids!

1 Thank Gitano13

New York
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Sweet Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

A very sweet shop with some fun and unusual items. Yes, mostly things for "older" children but we found a few great items for stocking stuffers. The guys who own and run it (one from Maine!) could not have been nicer.

Visited November 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Not so great for little children”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Most items are for bigger children (10+)...i did not see why everyone is so enthousiastic about this place. It is very small and sells mostly wind-up toys.

CreativeToys, Owner at Shop Creative Toys, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
It's all true! My shop is the size of a postage stamp, most of the toys are for kids old enough to drive, and we have a LOT of wind-ups, from Czech Republic, Germany, USA and (of course) China. And, even though it is my life's dream, I'm also surprised by how glowing some of the earlier reviews are. But I hope you had a bit of fun anyway, and took the chance to play with every toy we sell. :)
Ankara, Turkey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Onne of the "must do"s of Bratislava”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

But be careful to not to lose your mind while playing with all kinds of gadgets & toys.

Visited July 2012
Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“All Ages”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

Take a stroll down a little alleyway beside Michael´s Gate and you´ll come across a brilliant little gift shop. It´s a hidden gem, off the regular tourist path, but still close. I´ve taken my year old son there several times and he just loves the spinning, whirling, flashing, blinking, moving toys and stuff. I say “stuff,” because there are really too many unique items to describe. For adults, as much as for kids. And to be fair, I think I use my kid just as an excuse to have a look-see myself. The best thing... you can play with everything!

Visited June 2012