“A total culinary disappointment”
Review of Pulitzer

Pulitzer
Ranked #21 of 1,163 Restaurants in Bratislava
Cuisines: European, Czech
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
San Francisco Bay Area
“A total culinary disappointment”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I am an excellent cook, but also a very flexible traveler, eating whatever is put in front of me unless there are health concerns. Seeing the seasonal menu at Pulitzer, featuring duck and goose, we really had to go. What a disaster!

Per the menu, I ordered strong duck broth with homemade noodles. "We don't have any." I wound up with cheap fake chicken broth and a few dry noodle threads in the bottom of the bowl.
I ordered the goose. "We don't have any".
We went down the seasonal menu as well as the regular one with lots of, "We don't have any."
I settled for a duck leg that was as dry as a piece of wood, and so stringy that I couldn't get it off the bone. I saw a young romantic couple next to us where the sweet young lady was trying to delicately eat hers while remaining charming. Obviously she failed. Oh, and back to the "We don't have any.", when I ordered my inedible duck which was supposed to be served with traditional lochse (thin potato crepes), I got the same, "We don't have any." and got bread dumplings that were more like steamed pieces of Wonder Bread. I know bread dumplings, and these were pathetic. True, my husband's spareribs were good, hearty and a large portion, but that couldn't save the meal.

All of this occured at the earlier part of the dinner service, so there wasn't much excuse for the lack of items. Also, the place wasn't busy enough for the lackluster service.

If you are going to eat here, ask about what is available before you sit down. It will avoid the culinary crap shoot.

• Visited January 2013

• Slovak first
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Good place to eat”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This restaurant is very good with nice and helpful staff. If you want to go to eat there you have to book a table in advance because it's usually full. I was there eating seasonal food like duck autumn specialties and rib-eye steak and it was delicious, also the good wine was served. I'd definitely recommend this restaurant. It's good and not expensive.

• Visited October 2012
Xanthi, Greece
“CONTEMPORARY DECORATION, GOOD FOOD”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We went to Pulitzer because of the critics in Tripadvisor.We didn 't regret it. The decoration is very modern, and the location very central. Don't be dissappointed of the building's looking, which is not attractive at all. The menu covers all choices, and you can find anything from Slovak menu to spaggeti and rissoto. For a full 3 course dinner you can spend less than 15 EUROS. Although don't order a coffee there, as the quality is not equal to food's one.

Visited October 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice place, good food”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We came across this restaurant when we went walkabout and we're so glad we did. the staff were very helpful,as we didn't have a reservation but they found us a table. My husband and myself both had the Goulash with home made potato dumplings, lovely and very filling I had a glass of wine my husband had a large beer and we both had a Jameason's Irish whiskey, just under 27 euros for the lot, a bargain. If you go through St Michaels gate from the old town and turn left it's just a few yards up the road. They also speak good English.

• Visited September 2012
Lucerne, Switzerland
“A hidden place with delicious food”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The terrace of this restaurant is a bit hidden but the food they offer is just delicious. The friendly staff speaks English and there are a lot of locals eating there too. Prices are very low but this has no impact on the quality of the food.

• Visited September 2012