2,148 results
All reviews wine bar free mini bar own brewery crisps free glass of wine train station great hotel old town premium room presidential palace sparkling water minute walk recommend this hotel family room huge bed hotel bar rooms are modern
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We had a lovely stay at the Abba hotel last week. We had an early flight so arrived at the hotel before midday and it wasn't a problem to check in. The room was large enough for the 3 of us, the most comfortable bed I think I've ever slept in, tea/coffee facilities, safe and great shower in the bathroom. It was only a 5-10 minute walk to the old town. In the opposite direction about 5-10 mins to the main train station which was handy for a visit to Vienna. The only problem we had was the room was so hot! The air con didn't seem very effective so we had the window open - not a big deal but it did get a bit stuffy at times. I would highly recommend this hotel as it was so cheap for such a high quality hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Family of 4, parents and 2 adult children in need of one room accommodation for 4. They offered the desired arrangement in a location that was fantastically located just outside the center of town. The rooms were large and clean. The front desk service was great. English is spoken.
Unfortunately the actual beds were an issue. There were two pullout chair beds in addition to a queen. Each kid took one bed. In the morning, my son rolled over and his leg went through the bed slat. My daughter said her bed was very uncomfortable. When we looked, hers had 2 broken slats. The front desk took care of getting another room while we were out. They relocated us into a room with 2 double beds, one regular, one pullout. Not an acceptable arrangement for 2 adult kids. I went to the desk and explained the problem, the receptionist was great. She apologized, and stated she had no details of the move but of course the new room was a problem. She added a second room with 2 double beds at no cost. I would not hesitate to book this chain again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for a weekend. The hotel is located about a 10 minute walk from the Historical City and it was safe to walk anytime of day (even late night). We arrived at the hotel late and found that the bar closed when we got there (about 11.30). The rooms are generally nice and well presented but the beds are cheap and noisy. The rooms was uncomfortably hot, even with the air con on the lowest setting and the window open. My wife struggled to sleep in the heat so not the best place for that

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Booked this hotel after a lot of searching. Used hotel airport pick which we felt was worth the €23 each way, polite and ontime. Hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the old town. Our room was very modern and very clean, usual bathroom amenities. Our double was actually two singles pushed together but still made up as a double! We used the bar on the first night and had to ask reception if there was a waiter as no one around, apparently he was helping in the restaurant but soon came and served us. Drinks were reasonably priced. Reception were helpful in providing maps etc. Didnt eat at hotel so can't comment on food.
Bratislava old town was lovely and we just wandered around and explored for a couple of days. Ate at 2 lovely restaurants, one on the way up to the castle called modra hviezda ,excellent venison and one by st michaels gate called prasna basta. Would recommend both.
Back to the hotel , I would recommend this to couples and groups.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Abba Kadabra... Abba Bratislava was magic!… : in depth review and tips below:

Abba Bratislava Hotel, Stefanikova 4, Bratislava 811 05, Slovakia

I visited this hotel for one night while interrailing in September 2013.

Our original package (was for a double room and bathroom). The hotel is a four star hotel. There was tourist tax in Bratislava. It cost us €3 euros for two people per night. Beware of it when booking the class of hotel for a certain number of people when on a tight budget - as this will catch you out.

We walked a short distance (10 minutes) from Bratislava HL station to the hotel - straight forward route.

The hotel entrance ramps down from ground level with stairs and a ramp available. Inside, there is a lift available to reach higher levels.
We were in room 612 (highest floor). We had a brilliant view over Bratislava.

Nevertheless, we arrived prior to typical check in times and reception allowed us to check in early (as they had rooms available and I questioned this possibility as I knew what time my train was due to arrive in Bratislava). The reception was helpful and provided us information on the hotel and guidance and tips to reach the tourist attractions (such as the old town, the castle etc). Guidance and tips included directions to the attractions and a free tourist map.

There are no complimentary drinks available in the room upon arrival. There is a mini bar fridge with the list and price on it. There was no porter service. We were not shown to our rooms.

Room 612 had: a double bed; tv; air con, lights; wardrobe; bedside tables; minibar/fridge, safe, cupboards, desk and chair and a bathroom which had a sink (with complimentary toiletries); bath/shower head; toilet; towels (can't remember if there was a hair dryer). See photos for an idea of the room.

The room was was clean, modern and the decor matching the hotel's theme.

We originally requested a double bed, but as none was available for non smoking rooms at the time, they provide us a twin bed which was pushed together. We didn't mind at all as we had an early check in and the beds were not uncomfortable.

Breakfast is available, but we cannot comment as we did not have it.

The bed was comfortable and we had a good sleep. The whole hotel room was clean.

There is free Internet in all areas.

The hotel is conveniently located north of the city and is 10-15 minutes walk away from the centre of the Old Town. It is also a 15-20 minute walk to the Slavin memorial, which has nice views across Bratislava. I will also be a 25-30 minute walk to Bratislava castle. Basically the hotel is within walking distance from the local attractions and clubs.

The price for this hotel is fairly reasonable (similar price to a Premier Inn in the UK - cost us £50 ish per night. Definitely value for money for the quality, space and comfort of the room in Bratislava.

Overall, the staff, comfort and location was good. If I had to come back to Bratislava, I would consider to come back to this hotel for sure…

Food = N/A (breakfast option is available)
Service = 10/10
Atmosphere = 9/10
Value for Money = 9/10
Sleep Quality = 8/10
Rooms = 10/10
Location = 8/10
Cleanliness = 10/10
Overall = 9/10

Twitter: @hanstar007 - Scouse BBC (British Born Chinese!) Civil Engineer interested in anything funny, useful, photos, places, tech & food! Pro at: badminton, footy & snowboarding ;p
United Kingdom ·

Room Tip: Room 612 had a nice view of Bratislava. Nice and High view over the city...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple