“not my favorite any more”
Review of Kolkovna Eurovea

Kolkovna Eurovea
Ranked #128 of 1,269 Restaurants in Bratislava
Cuisines: Czech
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Excellent modern interpretation of classic Czech cuisine, beer snacks and selected specialities of international cuisine. Welcome to Kolkovna Eurovea Restaurant, which is located on the bank of the Danube River in Bratislava, where one of the largest Central European projects, the Eurovea Complex, has been constructed. This extends the historic centre of Bratislava and is the new residential, business and entertainment centre. Kolkovna Eurovea combines the rich history of the Czech brewing industry with a modern lifestyle, which does not deny tradition. On the contrary, it honours it! The architect considered the guests when designing the interior of this restaurant and made sure that anyone entering will always feel welcome. As well as Pilsner Urquell lager, the restaurant also offers dark Šariš, Master 18° and Birell light.
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Beer is great, food is mediocre, but service is .... how to say it politely.. dumb. For 3rd time in row i asked for coffee with desert but (i explicitely ask to serve it together) what i got was coffee and then after 15 min desert. I'm very dissapointed and sad as this used to be my favorite restaurant.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I visited this restaurant several times with friends. The food is good. The service is sometimes slow and waiters are passing by, avoiding eye contact despite empty glasses on the tables. In the summer there is a nice terrace with view of the Danube.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Food was ok, only a few non-meat options, but tasty. Service was promt even the place was busy during hot summer night.
I missed atmosphere, but it is a common problem of the most places in Bratislava.
Drinks were ok, nice presented.
Overall: tasty food, prompt service, but nothing special.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Recently i have visited the place with my friends and we have had really bad experience.Not considering the great beer they have there.The service was exceptionally terrible.We also had some food.My friend ordered vegetarian pastas with mozzarella cheese.Once it came to the table it was cold and without the cheese included.Once we realised that there is no cheese we asked waiter if it is alright.His answer was that there certainly is cheese.We kindly asked the waiter to call a manager because we wanted to resolve the problem.But the manager was very aggressive and rud although we where right.We used to like the place but upon this horrible experience we rather change the place.

1  Thank MickeyKonrad
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Pros:
+ good location.
+ decent food.

Cons:
- I made a reservation 36 hours before, and still we got a bad table, right next to the kitchen door, even though THERE WERE other tables not reserved.
- I ordered something from the category of traditional Czech food. The waiter brought me a different plate, about 50% more expensive. I didn't realize at the beginning, only after I ate some of it, and therefore I didn't make any comment about that.
- My wife's desert was in a bad shape; it was a poppyseed cookie with a mousse layer that needs to be kept cold, but it was half-melted and nearly collapsed on itself right after it was brought to us.
- At the end, when we told the waiter that he brought us a non-requested and more expensive plate, he just smiled at us and said "sorry". It was obvious that he hadn't made a mistake, instead he did that on purpose.