“Amazing... Breathtaking... Wow!!”

39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Amazing... Breathtaking... Wow!!”
Reviewed June 14, 2011

The University have done a fabulous job in their work with this garden which is open to the public. There are acres upon acres of woodland, rose gardens, lawns, a Japanese Garden, other garden areas, a childrens' play area, ponds, a huge greenhouse reminisce of the Eden Project with different areas but on a smaller scale. There are garden seats everywhere and so much to look at (I forgot to mention they have a couple hundred species of cacti as well. Generally it's my mother (who I was travelling with) who will happily spend a couple hours in a garden and I'm bored after about an hour - if that - but there were so many things to look at and so many different styles etc (there was just something new and different everywhere you looked) that when we left 5 hours later it was because we had to for time reasons and even then there were still things I wish we'd had time to go back and see that we were passing as we left. If only we had time to go back before leaving Bratislava - if and when I go back to the city I'll be allowing a full day!! It cost 3 Euros each to get in, there was a "snack shack" facility with ice creams and very snacky type snacks and some drinks venders so I would receommend a picnic. I've recommended 3 hours plus for a visit, you may not find it takes that long or may want to stay longer like we did, but either way it's certainly a must see!! I took 400 photos of our trip to Bratislava, over a quarter of these were from this garden!!!!!!!!

Visited June 2011