“I expected much more :/”

Fou Zoo Pan Asian Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 1,162 Restaurants in Bratislava
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Bratislava
“I expected much more :/”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I booked a restaurant for friend's birthday because I wanted him to experience something special. Well, that not happend. We chosed different dishes. We tried many but I would not call this restaurant as the best in Bratislava, as many people say. No Idea why people spread this rumor out. I could not feel any taste and flavour in tofu & wakame salad, should ask for advice from Hotel Mamas :)

It was not outstanding, I expected more. Everything extremely overpriced except coffee, which was good :) wine nothing special. I recommend Dve Deci (Prešovská 38A) for some great wine and food experience.

Apart from this average experience, we both liked the wasabi Tiger prawns, salmon sashimi and chocolate ball as a dessert.

Birthday surprise and a small gift of home made products at the end of it was pleasant.

• Visited June 2013

• Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Great food, just to expensive? Please wake up”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Food is great, just so overpriced that its no longer a good experience. And dont get me wrong i would eat there every day, just its not possible.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank MR B
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Great Tastes”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is a little out of town so you need to take taxi. The decor was pleasant. The food was really great. To start I had the Thai seafood soup which was really tasty. For main I have the beaf steak with a caramel sauce! The beef was probably the most tender I have ever had and with the sauce was really delicious. The service was really good. They decanted the wine and were very attentive. Would deffinatley return.

Visited May 2013
Paris, France
“sorry for the innocent europeans robbed here”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Well, I seldom make reviews on restaurants, this time is an exception as I feel like robbed. I was very much looking forward to the dinner with my BF: I'm Taiwanese, studied in Tokyo.

Dudes, I have to say it looks artificially fancy, consequently craaazily overpriced. I would tell you, very responsibly, the taste is good, like normally good -- i would be happy to pay 40 euros for a meal, not 102!!!

To be frank I don't like the idea of the place: to fake some fancy and mysterious Asian style and rob your money with medium and non- typical asian food!

BTW: I'm sure the cook are not Japanese nor Chinese --- though the food is more Japanese style( or at least intended to be)
but if you just look for a "luxury" self-reinforcement, go ahead!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank LA855
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Very very expensive but quite good and different.”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is good,but to be honest 200 eur for lunch for two is too much for a restaurant in such a terrible location - Petrzalka.
Come on! Move the restaurant to centre and it would be more accurate.

The lunch wasn't a huge fiesta,it has been 3 course menu with tea. No vine,no alcohol,nothing special.

But the food is good and worth to try. However I have been to better restaurants around yhe globe and much uch cheaper - such as a fusion sushi restaurant at Islamorada in hotel Cheeca Loca,which has been much cheaper and more fancy - seaside,luxury,nice,great food-similar concept..