“sorry for the innocent europeans robbed here”

Fou Zoo Pan Asian Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 1,177 Restaurants in Bratislava
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Paris, France
“sorry for the innocent europeans robbed here”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Well, I seldom make reviews on restaurants, this time is an exception as I feel like robbed. I was very much looking forward to the dinner with my BF: I'm Taiwanese, studied in Tokyo.

Dudes, I have to say it looks artificially fancy, consequently craaazily overpriced. I would tell you, very responsibly, the taste is good, like normally good -- i would be happy to pay 40 euros for a meal, not 102!!!

To be frank I don't like the idea of the place: to fake some fancy and mysterious Asian style and rob your money with medium and non- typical asian food!

BTW: I'm sure the cook are not Japanese nor Chinese --- though the food is more Japanese style( or at least intended to be)
but if you just look for a "luxury" self-reinforcement, go ahead!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank LA855

• Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Very very expensive but quite good and different.”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is good,but to be honest 200 eur for lunch for two is too much for a restaurant in such a terrible location - Petrzalka.
Come on! Move the restaurant to centre and it would be more accurate.

The lunch wasn't a huge fiesta,it has been 3 course menu with tea. No vine,no alcohol,nothing special.

But the food is good and worth to try. However I have been to better restaurants around yhe globe and much uch cheaper - such as a fusion sushi restaurant at Islamorada in hotel Cheeca Loca,which has been much cheaper and more fancy - seaside,luxury,nice,great food-similar concept..

Bratislava, Slovakia
“I loved the ponzu and the truffle mayonaise”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I had a degustation voucher for this restaurant which included a pumpkin soup, sushi with haricot & salmon, tempura selection, prawns with wasabi sauce, wakame & tofu salad, gyoza pastry stuffed with beef and foie gras.

The soup wasn´t bad, it was different than the one I make at home, but anyway, I still liked mine more. :-) But all other courses were great! Sushi was delicious, I loved the tempura with dips/sauces. Sauces were home made, ponzu and japan mayonaise with fruffles.. Wow! You have to try it! The flavours are incredibly harmonized. Prawns were amazing, too, especially the wasabi sauce. I think I will try to cook it the same way. I couldn´t get enough. In my opinion the salad with wakame seaweed and tofu was a little bit blend. Dupmlings were very tasty, too.

The service was surprisingly very good. Although we had only the degustation menu for 24 Euro, which was a great deal. I expected less attention as you get a "regular menu guest." :-) The waiter was really attentive, so the chef, who offered my doggy a nice piece of meat. :-) So btw this place is pet friendly.

I will definitely come back here for the tempura! At least...

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank BEA111111111
Moscow, Russia
“The desserts topped it all”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Visited it for a dinner with my husband. It's not directly in the city centre but you can comfortably get to Fou Zoo by car and there are parking spots in the underground garage. The ambience was a bit dark for my taste and the music firstly made us feel as if we were in a spa. However the service was nice and friendly and the food, the food was delicious. We had japanese dumplings and salmon tartar, that was very good, sushi set for two was good quality and fresh, but apart from great sweet soy sauce did not surprise us. However the desserts were from other world. White chocolate mousse with coconut sorbet and dark cherry sauce was simply delicious and the chocolate ball was amazing. I would recommend this dessert for any party with children present - the waiter poured hot chocolate sauce over the tender chocolate ball until it melted and revealed ice cream inside (without falling on it). It was really surprising and amusing to watch. Needless to say the cake underneath was delicious as everything else. Overall really pleasant evening and I would recommend Fou Zoo to anyone who loves Asian cuisine and wants to try something different.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Tinde_K
Bratislava, Slovakia
“a real culinary experience”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Apart from slovak food, Bratislava restaurants rarely surprise your taste buds. Fou zoo definitely did that for us, my family and I return here regularly. The food really is amazing, service is wonderful and the place looks fantastic. It is a bit far from the city center, you are better off taking a taxi, from the city center it shouldn't cost you more than 4-5 euro. Their sushi is flown in fresh either from vienna or london. must try.

• Visited December 2012