“Excellent but not working heating” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 20% Off
Ranked #11 of 93 Hotels in Bratislava
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent but not working heating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Booked two nights, perfect location for the Arena Ondreja Nepelu (Slovnaft arena). Basically next door. It is very nice clean hotel. I was checked in early by a nice receptionist which was very helpful and appreciated. Very nice lobby and corridors. The room was also amazing,room 804, spotlessly clean, nice smelling, big with a huge window, large bathroom, fridge, ironing facilities and everything I needed. Houseekeepers were very nice and helpful too. The whole stay would be amazing if there was not a faulty heating. The air condition which was supposed to heat the room up was broken. After the second call to the reception and asking for a room change, a maintenance guy was sent to my room to fix it. I had to turn it off cause it blew only very cold wind and it was really unbearable. When the maintenance worker came he told me it did not work because it was switched off. Lol. He fixed that so it was working for the whole one hour! Next morning I had to wake up to a freezing cold room again. I reported the problem again saying I needed to return to a warm room after the whole day of queueing in front of the arena in the freeze I was promised it was going to be ready but nothing was done. The air condition blew only very cold wind. I decide not to report itvany more because no one listened. So I was freezing both days of the stay. I loved the hotel but this made my stay uncomfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Ludmila T, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Valued Traveller,

Thank you for staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava and thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

It was a pleasure for me to read that you consider our hotel to have a good location and that you found our rooms well maintained and comfortable.

However, please accept my sincere apologies and regrets for the fact, that your stay was marred by faulty heating as described in your review. Moreover, that our staff was not able to fulfill your needs once you came back to them and reported this issue. This is not the level of service we strive to provide, therefore, please rest assured, that proper follow up will be done to make sure we improve on this point.

I hope, that despite your experience, we will be able to host you in our hotel again in the future, and in the meantime, I am looking forward to your returns and wishing your all the best.

Ludmila and DoubleTree team,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Easy to find, great parking.
Disabled friendly.
Large lobbey, very polite check in, gave us fresh cookies.

Large rooms, very clean, great Italian resturant in the lobbey, polite and good room service.

A very nice hotel.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ludmila T, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear sir, madam,

Thank you very much for staying in our hotel and for posting a nice review about your stay.

I was delighted to read, that you had a comfortable stay with us and that you remained highly satisfied with our facilities and our famous italian restaurant.

It will be a big pleasure for us to host you again in the future. Should you need any assistance or help, do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Ludmila and DoubleTree team
Vysoke Tatry, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

We stayed in the hotel for the weekend. The overall quality of services was qood. The hotel has an excellent location and I recommend this hotel to others even there were a small details that can be improved. The rooms are big and nicely furnished. Our room had a little dirty carpet, scretched table, one light in the room was not working. The bathroom has a little red spots in the shover. The breakfast is good even I was missing dishes with fish, no salmon, no trout only smoked mackerel and sardines. My wife is a person with disabilities, even I asked at the reception about discouts concernig parking I was not told that the parking is free of charge for people with disabilities. I was charged for the parking for two days and by chance the other gest told me we should be not paying. When I talked to lady at the reception again she canceled the parking fee. Besides these small things the overall impression was good.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

New hotel , well equipped, very comfortable rooms , friendly and professional staff, spa and pool very welcome for relaxation! Got a fantastic deal through travel republic for two room for four people which included breakfast. Would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ludmila T, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time and sharing your review with us and other travellers here on Trip Advisor.
I was delighted to read that you had a great stay with us and that you found our facilities comfortable. Moreover that our staff seemed to be helpful and friendly, and our amenities did suit your expectations.
I would like to assure you that your appreciated remarks will be shared with the entire team.

Thank you for staying at our hotel, we are looking forward to your next visit.

Ludmila and DoubleTree team
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I stayed in the wheelchair accessible room in Double Tree Hilton, Bratislava in September 2013. This modern hotel is beside the Ice Hockey Stadium and 6km from Bratislava airport. The accessible bedroom and bathroom are spacious with adjustments made for wheelchair users. The wardrobe is fitted with a pull down clothes rail for easy reach; there is a tilting bathroom mirror over the sink and a wheel-in shower with shower seat. However, as you can see from attached photos; from a wheelchair user’s perspective the sink surround is extremely high making it difficult to use and towel rail beside the sink can be obstructive.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ludmila T, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear guest,

thank you for taking your time to share your comments with us. We do appreciate it.

Thank you for alerting us to issues concerning the height of sink surround and towel rail beside the sink in our wheelchair accessible room. Allow me to mention that all of our wheelchair accesible rooms were designed with respect to the requirements of disabled people.

However, I can assure you, that we will take a closer look and will follow up on this matter by constantly checking and comparing the comments of other travellers.

Hope you enjoyed your stay with us, we are looking forward to your future visits.

Ludmila and the DoubleTree team
Athens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

The hotel is close to the city center by bus (6 stops).The rooms are spacious ,well equipped , choose the double bed.Cleaning service is also excellent.The italian restaurant can be improve,but it has very reasonable prices.The reception staff helps you with any directions you may need .A special thanks to the guest manager Ludmila ,she is very helpful and does the best she can to please you and help you.Overall one of the best hotels in Bratislava.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ludmila T, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Mr Athanasiadis,

thank you very much for being our guest at the DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava and for sharing your experience with fellow travellers.

With great pleasure I was reading that you remained highly satisfied with the hotel facilities and amenities as well as with professional service provided by our hotel staff. Your nice words really touch our hearts.

P.S. Please let me know, how this all matter with bus company finished. I was trying to contact them, but no succes. I will be awaiting your e-mail and in the meantime I am sending you my best regards from Bratislava.

Camarillo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

The property is fairly new. My family stayed in a spacious room for 4 people. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. We took a cab to the city center for 8 euros. We celebrated New Years at restaurant called Lemontree.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ludmila T, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear guest,

thank you for taking the time to send us the great review. We are delighted you fully enjoyed your stay in our hotel and found our room and beds comfortable.

We thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava and looking forward to welcome you back to our property.