“super large and comfy rooms, very professional gym” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava
Ranked #11 of 93 Hotels in Bratislava
laxenburg, Austria
“super large and comfy rooms, very professional gym”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My family fell totally in love with this hotel. The rooms we got (OK, they were Hilton Honors rooms) were huge and we got wonderfully large beds for each of us (and we are many....: 3 big beds per room plus a baby cot, and still leaving a spacious room behind), huge TV, Very modern, beautifully designed and furnished, impeccably clean and well setup. The gym is something I have never seen in a hotel in any of the 6 continents I have been around in hotels - the equipment are really professional, there are many of them, and many small things (such as big exercise balls, great mats, instructions and ideas for different exercise routines) that facilitate physical refueling while away from your own opportunities.

Breakfast is probably great, too - a huge variety. It was just very frustrating that dishes were restocked very very slowly if at all. so having empty bread baskets, empty (all) milk containers, many vegetable bowls, for close to an hour makes breakfast more frustrating than if there was limited choice by design. for instance, for the app. 1.5 hours we were there, they baked no more than 15 pancakes, 4 of them were so burnt that they were inedible, that was very disappointing for our children who are crazy for pancakes for breakfast.

Another thing that I was a bit disappointed about was that the water quality of the pool was not so impressive, it seemed that instead of changing the water they clean it with chemicals. this was also disappointing because it is such a beautiful pool, really nicely designed, lit, with great surroundings, but I did not dare using it while pregnant.

All in all, it is an excellent hotel and excellent value for money; but I really hope the management will fix these two unfortunate shortcomings that unnecessarily frustrate the otherwise very happy travelers to this hotel!

Room Tip: Do not know about other rooms, but the Hilton Honors rooms are really extremely spacious, very nicel...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ludmila T, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for recently staying at DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava and for sharing your experience with fellow travellers.

It was a pleasure for me to read, that you felt comfortable in your room and that you remained highly satisfied with the beds. I was very delighted to read your praising words about your stay in our hotel, especially about the well equiped gym.

However, please accept my sincere apologies and regrets for your breakfast experience, as you described in your review. Rest assured, that your experience was certainly not a reflective of our usual high standards and that proper actions with the Food and Beverage Manager had been taken.

We're very sorry that you were dissapointed with the water quality of the pool. I can assure you that our maintenance department performs daily check-ups on this issue. However, your comment had been forwarded to the attention of our Technical Director.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back in our property in the future as we would very much like the opportunity to prove to you, that your experience was an exception rather than the rule and that we can indeed do better.

With best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Harden-Murrumburrah, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I'm a regular Hilton stayer. From the moment of contacting DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava until,our check out this morning EVERYTHING has been superb and beyond the call of duty for DoubleTree. Thanks Ludmilla, Martin and everyone who helped us. Martin you added a 'hometown' touch that we really appreciated. Your advice and care helped us make the most of our time in Bratislava. The service we received I'd expect of a full Hilton Hotel. You have done Hilton proud!!

Stayed November 2013
Ludmila T, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your nice review about the stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava. It is always pleasure when expectations are met and guest give us a feedback such as yours.

Furthermore I will personally make sure that your positive comment regarding the helpfulness of our staff will be shared within the team; The ambition of all our team members is to provide professional service.

We are here to always provide you with consistent, satisfying service and that is a promise. We are so glad we were able to accommodate your needs.

Thank you for staying with us and we are looking forward to welcome you, again.

bradislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

my wife and I where very happy with this Hotel, we came late at night, and the staff of the Hotel was super and helpful with all the questions that we asked,and the room was clean, and breakfast was super. Agust A Iceland.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ludmila T, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive comments about your recent stay at our hotel and for sharing your experience with fellow travellers.

We are happy to hear that our hotel staff made your stay comfortable. We are glad you enjoyed our service and our amenities, fully.

On behalf of our hotel, we thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava for your stay. We are looking forward to welcome you at our premises again, soon.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

everything as like stay in your own place . every one who works in the hotel kindly . I don't know what else I have write. but I felt great during my stay in the hotel . I have no idea whu the minimum have over 200 characters . I will give this a -

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ludmila T, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear valued Traveller!

Thank you very much for staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava and for posting your review about it.

I was happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you remained highly satisfied with the hotel facilities.

The whole DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava will be looking forward to hosting you again in the future, and I am sending you my kindest regards,
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The hotel is situated in the suburbs of the city, within easy reach of centre by taxi and well serviced by buses. It is convenient to airport, and is used by airline staff. It is modern and fitted to a high standard. Staff are pleasant and being a hilton"gold card" holder i was upgraded to a suite which was both comfortable and finished to a high spec and spacious with seperate social area and bedroom.
Breakfast was excellent in variety and quality. I was slightly concerned about the location prior to arrival, in terms of convenience,but in hindsight i wouldnt let this deter anyone, as this is an exceptional hotel with leisure facilities accessible to residents.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ludmila T, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review about our hotel.

It was a pleasure for me to learn that you found the location of the hotel convenient for you and you had a great stay with us. Moreover, I was delighted to read that all facilities and services met your expectation.

I hope you will consider the DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava the next time you are staying in the area.

Ludmila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stay in a lot of Hotels, often in Hilton properties, and this is one of the best I've stayed in so far, Conrads included !

Check in was seamless, everything was ready, warm greeting, and of course a warm cookie, which I put in my coat pocket and only found heading out to work this morning !

Room is great, clean, modern, and very well appointed, OK, its a suite, but if the standard rooms are anything like, you won't be dissapointed.

Ate in the bar / restaurant last night, food cooked to order, in full view (always a confidence giver), and a couple of well priced drinks. Service was fantastic, quick, pleasant and polite.

Breakfast this morning was very good, a wide selaction of hot and cold foods, Omelettes to order etc. 1st rate.

Can't see me staying anywhere else in this city, it is really THAT good !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your beautiful review with us and fellow travelers.

With great pleasure I was reading that you remained highly satisfied with the hotel facilities as well as with the professional service provided by our staff. We're glad you had a taste of our warm caring service along with our nice cookie at check-in.

Thank you for staying at DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava. We're looking forward to welcome you again, soon.

Ludmila
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The hotel is located a long walk from the old town. The breakfast is below average. Internet access is slow and not working in all rooms. The room temperatur high. The beds are very nice and the room was clean.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ludmila T, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear guest,

thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I was dissapointed to read that you didn't find the location of our hotel convenient. Also, I'm sorry your breakfast didn't live up to your expectations.

We hope that you give us another opportunity for a better experience.