“Just one night but really great stay:))”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava
Ranked #10 of 94 Hotels in Bratislava
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This hotel is very modern, elegant and nice. Staff was helpful, smiling and attentive. Breakfast buffet excellent choice. I tried restaurant Toscana i had very tasty salad an excellent wine. I love this hotel and 100% i ll come back as soon as:))

Room Tip: I had room on 7th floor no. 719 was large with big King size bed . I had clear view on the land and...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Silvia K, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are happy you had a great stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I really like coming into hotels where I know I can expect things will work the way they should. And this definitely goes for this hotel. Location is very convinient if you have business or plans to be in this part of town, otherwise it's also a short cab ride to city center.
The rooms are large, very nicely furnished and very clean. Comfortable beds and good working AC. WIfi worked very well and was free of charge.
The breakfast choices are great and the staff has always been friend. I did have chance to enjoy the wellness center below - finish, turkish saunas, swimming pool and the gym with relaxation areas inside and outside.
The only dissapointment was the quality of the Club Sandwich. It was not the "club sandwich" I expected (and needed at that point), it was too "healthy" which many would like. No french fries with it either and the cost of it was too high for what you get.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Silvia K, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava. It is good to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially from a frequent traveler like you are. Your notice about the club sendwich I forwarded to our Chef.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

This was very beautiful hotel, and also a very nic stay. We were there with my parents for couple of nights and enjoyed everything - from a good breafast, till the night time. Prices were also very good and suprising, we all really enjoyed it. The only one trouble - sometimes there was a little noice... See you, T Cohen

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Alexandra K, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Dear Tom,

thank you very much for sharing with us your positive comment. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava.

Looking forward to your next visit,

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We recently had to travel to Blava for an appointment at the US Embassy, and we booked two rooms for two nights as a reward reservation. (At 10,000 points per room per night, this is a steal!)

We were checked in quickly and efficiently, and we all got a delicious cookie. The staff were very apologetic that adjoining rooms weren't available, and they said they would try to get us adjoining rooms the next day, which they did.

Our (identical) rooms were comfortable, though the AC system took some figuring to get it to work. That evening we had dinner at Towers Steaks which is an easy walking distance from the hotel (see my review of that place, too.... excellent!).

Dusan, at the front desk, was most helpful in giving us advice on how to get to the Embassy on public transit. He even asked us the following day when we checked out how our visit to the embassy went, nice attention to detail!

The second night we actually had dinner in the restaurant. Contrary to the other review about the place, our server, Robert, was attentive, and professional. Our food was delicious, and accommodated our requests for our girls to split their meal on two plates (this is not always the case in Slovakia!) Also, the bartender makes a mean Negroni, I had two!

Our girls loved the pool, which is very modern and clean. I went into the sauna twice. I can say I've stayed at a lot of Hilton properties in Europe, and this Doubletree has by far the hottest sauna, which is a good thing!

My only gripes are that the wifi in our room was a little weak, but it consistently worked (we were on the seventh floor, perhaps we were too far away from the router), and occasionally the hot water in the shower would turn cold all of a sudden. The location is a bit distant from downtown, but it's easy enough to get to Stare Mesto by public transit or by taxi (we didn't use the taxi because we didn't have car seats.)

If you were attending a concert at the hocky arena next door, this would be the place to stay! I know we'll be staying here next time we're in Bratislava.

Room Tip: If you're getting a reward reservation, the 'deluxe room' is the same point cost as a re...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear guest - dear Family,

thank you for staying at DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava and for sharing your experience in our hotel.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I usually stay at the Sheraton, but thought I would give this place a go.

Rooms are big, clean and pleasant. Staff had been very helpful, location is a little out of town - but only a 7 EUR cab ride. Breakfast is average for a Hilton Property.

Personally I recommend this hotel and will be staying here again.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

First impressions were good with a nice hotel in a reasonably quiet area

Arrival was efficient and well organised the lady also arranged our transport at 0600 the following morning.

Room was good, decent bed, wifi and and OK shower, but it served the purpose for the stay, it was clean and tidy and I had a good nights sleep there, it was too warm on arrival and you had to leave your keycard in to get the AC to work, but I suppose that is greener !

Went to the restaurant for dinner, were treated like we were not wanted, shuffled to a terrible table at the far end in a empty restaurant, service took forever, it was so slow I gave up on anything other than a main course, as we sat 25 minutes before managing to get an order taken you would think 2 servers and 3 tables they should be able to cope.

Was provided with a vodka which had been mixed with sambuca, it was replaced but only after I insisted that it was and I was given another and then they realised yes they had done that and apologised.

I left early the following morning, nearly missed my train to Vienna as check out was painfully slow, 8 minutes each room, and I had to pay only EUR30 or so my colleague who paid for the meal was higher and used credit card and that became a fiasco, we left 10 mins for checkout and departed hotel 20 minutes late.

Perhaps this is just a once off and it does come down to the people who serve you, so it was a mixed bag here, but I would return and try this again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

thank your for sharing with us your experience. We are looking forward to your next visit.

I do applogize for not smooth service at restaurant on mentioned day. Our staff does always as much as possible for our clients, it looks like it was not good day for them... I am sure during your next stay, it will go in different way and you will change your idea.

We stay at your disposal.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel was a wonderful surprise and I would say could compete with any 5 star hotel. The hotel itself is very modern, clean and the rooms are luxuriously furnished with wonderful HD TVs and a great bathroom and good climate control- air conditioning. What more do you want from a hotel room?

Well the staff was very responsive to ever need. The hotel is not situated in the centrum nor near Old town but is a quick and cheap taxi ride away. The hotel has its own car as well and it was not expensive to use.

I felt also that the breakfast was one of the best I've experienced world wide. A good selection of fresh fruit, multiple types of fresh breads and croissants, pastries and also different types of eggs and fresh local cheeses and even smoked salmon and other fish and meats. They made fresh omelettes to order.

Overall a great experience.

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to send us your positive review.
I am happy to hear you felt comfortable.

We hope to see you again soon in our hotel.