“Poor wellness area”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava
Ranked #11 of 92 Hotels in Bratislava
Reviewed November 4, 2012

In the wellness area of this hotel, there is a 12 metres long swimmingpool a fitnessroom and sauna. The pool is small, but clean, The sauna next to it is a disgusting horror experience! Towells all over on the floor, hotelguests using the hot sauna with their bathclothes on......lamps inside the sauna not working, so it is like completely dark there, no separate area for women to take shower in the sauna area.....employees rather watching TV broadcast, rather than looking after the cleanliness and tidiness in the so called wellness area. Do not recommend to go there at all, especially women.

Room Tip: Dont take a room facing the big street opposite the hotel, rather the one on the backside of the hot...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexandra K, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for writing a review about your recent stay in our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our fitness-wellness area, that is normally always admired by our guests.

I am sorry that during day of your visit our fitness area did not meet your expactations.

Please share any additional comments or suggestions with us any time.

Alexandra and DoubleTree Team

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I could not believe that there were hotels of this quality in this price range!
Although the rack rates were about right, they had a monthly promotion and with corporate discount it was a four plus star hotel for two star price!
On top of all that, they upgraded me to a room the size of the average Slovak family apartment!
Spotlessly clean, elegant and service to die for.
There was a different corporate promotion each evening with live music on the mezzanine, but not a peep of this was audible in my room.
Room service is pricey though - London rates, but the restaurant was reasonable and quality well up there.
It's a business hotel though, ideal for corporates. Though the ice hockey arena is just 25 metres down the block.
Strongly recommended - I liked it !!!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dgilchri
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed at this Hilton property for weekend in October. New hotel on bus line (#61 or #74 [becareful as #74 does not operate on Sat/Sun) between railway station and airport. Rooms very nice and clean. Morning breakfast is quite nice with a variety of offerings, including vegetarian. Staff helpful and very knowledgeable. Hotel is next to hockey stadium and a short walk to supermarket, although most of area is residential. Hotel has restaurant within building. Easy bus ride to city centre. Recommend this property for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mainer7
Reviewed October 10, 2012

From the moment we arrived the staff made my family feel welcome . The cookies for my daughter the bright open space the amazing pool , there is really very little i can say negative about this hotel. Location is a little bit outside the city center but with the low cost of taxis and good tram and bus links this isn't even an issue. Couldn't recommend the hotel or the staff highly enough and my wife is still dreaming about the breakfast :)

Room Tip: Make sure you let the hotel know the reason for your stay and they will get the most suitable room f...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DarenCarter
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

This is a nice hotel. I think it has recently been open cause you can still smell fresh paint.

The only time I saw a single other guest was at breakfast. Other than that a ghost hotel

Breakfast is good. They make good omelettes.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank 1,014,772,047
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had a very nice suite, everything was perfect as it should be in a Hilton. Only small issue the room has was that there was some light in front of the bathroom window and due to the glassdoor to the bathroom it was never completely dark in the room. Otherwise we had an excellent experience and truly enjoyed the rich breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexandra K, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear guest,
thank you for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava. I am happy to hear you was very satisfied with our hotel and service.
We hope to see you again soon!
Alexandra and DoubleTree Team

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I am a regular traveler to Bratislava on business and when I heard that there was a Hilton Double Tree I was delighted. I was always staying at a NH Hotel which was great but the Hilton was closer to the centre and I could collect my HHonors points. The first few times I stayed there is was good. Great restaurant and service but then the issues crept in. They included: bad water pressure in showers, cold shower, brown water coming from the shower and water taps, dirty toilet, missing amenities/toiletries or incomplete, wifi which is hit or miss depending on what room you are in etc. I complained several times but you either get an answer like "the water pressure is bad because we are full up!!!" or the water is brown "because the room hasn't been used in a while" In the end, I gave up and have gone back to the NH Hotel. I will not return unfortunately despite me missing out on my points. I am a business traveler and I expect at least the basics to work.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear guest,
thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you have faced problem with water pressure in the room. Our technicians were aware of the technical issue and were working on solving it.
I do hope you give us another opportunity for a better experience.
Alexandra and DoubleTree team