“" A taste of Paradise"”
Review of Darsana

Darsana
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Darsana is the first ayurveda center, which was created as the very first of its kind in Slovakia, the capital city Bratislava early 2008.In Darsana you can experience the unique traditional ayurvedic healing massages and treatments provided on authentic massage tables and with special ayurvedic natural products brought from India. All therapists come from the Indian state of Kerala, which is the country of origin of Ayurveda. Each of them has relevant therapeutic education and long-term experiences with ayurvedic treatments in healthcare facilities in India. In addition, we offer ayurvedic consultation with a fully qualified Ayurvedic physicians, educational seminars on Ayurveda and sale ayurvedic herbal products and books. We also offer long term ayurvedic treatments in ayurvedic resorts in Kerala, India. The aim of Ayurveda is to harmonise the vital energies of the body, mind and soul, to protect health and prevent and to cure diseases in natural way, to live long, fullfilled and healthy life. Welcome in Darsana!
Reviewed January 22, 2013

If you are looking for the perfect place to treat yourself to a wonderful Ayurvedic rejuvenation or detox programme, this is for me the best place. Located in the most stunning scenery, the centre of Bratislava that few people knows.
I discovered Darsana last year, and from that lucky day, I started to know what means Ayurveda.
I travel from Italy and this my second time I planned my travel to go to Bratislava only for this beautiful centre..to live, to inspire for one week a new air.
I had an intensive Panchakarma treatment,
and it has probably been one of the best things I have done in my life.
In a full immersion of peaceful place, tranquil and nice enviroment,
where there is no rush for anything,
and your only duty is to relax and enjoy the benefit of treatment.

I can say only a word to you to summaraize this beautiful week ..

Děkuji

3  Thank Massimiliano I

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I absolutely loved the total experience at Darsana. I had 60-minute body massage and separate face massage. The staff was very professional and friendly and took her without a prior appointment. My massage was performed by a wonderful young woman from southern India. After the massage, I was able to clean up the oil with a gentle bath and also was able to relax with some hot tea. The total cost (in USD after adjusting for the exchange rate charged by our credit card company) was about $82, which I think is quite reasonable given the overall experience. The spa is located close to the oil town center (just a block or two from Michael's gate).

Darsana offers a wide variety of massages, with most prices ranging between 50 to 90 euros depending on the length. Darsana may only be suitable for women, however, because my husband was unable to get a massage owing to their policy of not having women masseuses work on men. I'm not clear whether a male masseuse was not available that day or whether they employ them at all. To be fair, we just walked in without an appointment or prior communication, so I'm not sure whether they could have arranged for my husband to get a massage had we planned further ahead.

2  Thank Dhahran1980
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I had a back massage and shirodhara treatment at Darsana. If you are familiar with ayurvedic massage, then this would be a good spot for you to unwind. The prices are fair and my massage was performed by an ayurvedic specialist from Kerala.

2  Thank JacquesWeber
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I absolutely loved this place, the owners are very helpful and friendly. It was clean and smelled divine. At the end we got discount. They also provide everything you need after your massage is over - shampoo, soap, towels... It is definitely different type of massage what most of the people are used to. In my opinion it is more of a mind massage than muscle one. You get very relaxed, which i find sometimes difficult to do with a very strong Chinese massage, so it was a nice change and very pleasant experience. Also the staff was very nice and friendly. And the tea in the room for relaxing was delicious.

2  Thank Lucy M
See more reviews
Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

As strong advocates of Thai massage my girlfriend and I decided to give this Indian version a go. Although it was very relaxing we didn't feel like we'd had a proper massage experience. My particular experience being slightly tainted by a rogue mobile phone in the masseur's pocket for the opening 10 mins. That aside the manager/owner was quick to remind us, before booking, that Indian masage was very different to Thai and who can really argue with someone rubbing exotic fruits into your skin for an hour. We probably wouldn't return but that's more because of our taste in massage than the place itself. All in all we left feeling very relaxed and in positive mood after our new experience. If you've never tried it give it a go here for sure!!!

3  Thank msd2211
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your feedback. It's very helpful for us to know how we can improve. We are very sorry your procedure was not perfect and we have taken appropriate steps to avoid this situation in future. We would like to send you a transerable gift voucher for any massage with unlimited validity. You can use it any time you come to Bratislava again or you can give to it to any of your friends who plans to visit our city. Please, let us know your email address so we can send the voucher

Have a nice time,