New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Sheraton Bratislava Hotel
Ranked #6 of 93 Hotels in Bratislava
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at the Sheraton Bratislava. The hotel itself is a new modern hotel which is attached to a large modern shopping centre. The Sheraton is situated on the banks of the Danube and I would recommend that you walk into the city centre on the river pathway. This walk will give you a beautiful view of the city's iconic hilltop castle. The historic old town is only a 10 minute walk from the hotel.The hotel itself was first class. The room was large, very comfortable and stylish. The bathroom too was also fantastic. Although we didn't eat in the restaurant the bar was nice and comfortable. I would certainly recommend this hotel. Very pleasant stay.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
SheratonBratislava, General Manager at Sheraton Bratislava Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your nice comments. We are so happy that you enjoyed the hotel facilities and surroundings. You are right, our hotel is so centrally located that it is easy to easily reach every interesting part of the town. I would recommend you to visit us again in the summer when the bars and restaurants are having their terraces outside what gives the city a special touch. Once again thank you for your review and hope to welcome you back again.

Simone Dulies

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The staff was absolutely wonderful. I fell a block away and fractured my ankle my 2nd day. Erik Maindl, the night auditor, called an ambulance and patiently translated everything to me since the EMTs spoke no English, and stayed with me until I got in the ambulance. Janka Ferencakova, the manager on duty at the time, also came to my room to ensure I got the help I needed. When I had a problem with swelling under my cast several days later and had to go back to a hospital, the staff went out of their way to find a better hospital than the ambulance took me to. Maros Balla on staff actually went with me to the hospital after he clocked out to help translate there and was very very thoughtful and kind through that process. The hotel loaned me a wheelchair during my stay, which was a tremendous help. Also, Martin Koval, the concierge, was excellent at helping me and my coworkers find places to go at night and on the weekend. I've never had such a great and caring staff as I had there. And the breakfast buffet was great, the internet worked well and was easy to connect to, and the dinner at the hotel was superb. The room was very comfortable, and the lobby was home-y.

1 Thank Joanne G
Dear Joanne,

Thank you very much for sharing these kind words on TripAdvisor, as well as for praising the skills and positive attitude of our associates. We will gladly share this positive review and your personal appreciation with them, as well as with the whole Sheraton Bratislava Hotel team. We truly hope that you are by now in full health again and will be more than happy to welcome you back :)

Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We were in Sheraton Bratislava about one and half year ago. At that time we have already thought this was one of the best hotels - if not the best - we had ever stayed.

So in a week ago we decided to spend another weekend there and booked the hotel through expedia. It was a special deal which normally cannot be modified nor cancelled.

However on the day of travel a huge snow blizzard hit Hungary and all highways were blocked. There were no ways we could get to the hotel.

I called Expedia what are our options now and they discussed with the hotel directly to refund the entire trip.

Heads up for Sheraton as well as for Expedia. None of them were obliged to do anything, but they did their best to help us! I think this type of customer care is extremely rate today!

I can only recommand Shareton Bratislava to everyone, who would like to have a superb travel experience! Im sure you will vote 5.0 as well after your trip!

And of course we will rebook our trip as well, as soon as this "March winter" is over!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
SheratonBratislava, General Manager at Sheraton Bratislava Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Zoltan,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your positive experience with fellow Tripadvisor travelers, as well as for praising our help. I am very sorry you couldn’t make it to visit us last time. Our reservation team is ready to help planning your next trip if you need assistance and hope to be able to welcome you again soon.

Heiloo, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Recently I visited Bratislava and stayed at Sheraton. As you may expect, quite modern and new building. Great location. Adequate personnel. Drinks at hotel bar quite expensive, local wine €12,- albeit large glass. Unthinkable: now free wifi at hotelroom! Than again: aboout €100 a night good value.

• 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Paulalgra
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and submitting this great review on Tripadvisor. It makes me happy hearing that you enjoyed the time at our hotel. We will be more than happy to welcome you back soon :)

Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Thanks
It is from the best hotel that I visited
Great rooms
Great services
Great staff
Cooperative team
The restaurant is out of standing , foods such as quality variety
I think , and I m sure no disadvantages
But the wifi Internet is , somehow, expensive
Thanks for the team

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Maenaddassi
Dear Maendassi,

Thank you very much for this fantastic review of your stay at the Sheraton Bratislava Hotel. We continuously strive to meet and exceed our guests expectations and we are delighted when this is achieved. Therefore I am also very glad you fully enjoyed your stay, and we will be more than happy to welcome you back again.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This hotel is very near the river and walking distace to the town for the shops, bars and some businesses. The rooms are exceptional and have bath and shower, the restaurant is top quality if a little pricey for Bratislava and the choice very good. I usualy stay in the crown plaza and for 10 euros a night more this is now my choice.

Staff are friendly and bar is good.

1 Thank S8C11
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your nice comments. We are so happy that you enjoyed the hotel facilities and its surroundings. We are ready to help planning your next trip if you need assistance and hope to be able to welcome you again soon.

Bratislava, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

... and with what I can undoubtedly name the best hotel restaurant out there! Thanks to the skills and passion of well-known chef Tomas Opletal the food is simply exquisite and the menu is a piece of art. Highly reccomended!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank filmulienka
Dear Filmulienka,

Thank you for your nice and supporting review, as well as for praising the skills of our great Head Chef Tomáš. We are glad having him as part of our team not only because he is one of the best chefs in this country, but because of his flexibility towards guests' wishes as well :)

I'm glad you enjoyed your time at the Sheraton Bratislava Hotel and Brasserie Anjou, and hope to welcome you back soon.