“Great Hotel to American Standards”

Sheraton Bratislava Hotel
Ranked #6 of 93 Hotels in Bratislava
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is a great hotel to American Sheraton Standards and everything about the hotel was perfect. Staff was very friendly, rooms were clean and bathrooms were decent sized for a hotel in Europe. Price was also very good.

The hotel is in a newer part of town, on the river next to a new shopping mall. It is about a 15 minute walk to the historic center of Bratislava, which was kind of a pain.

All in all, it was a nice place and I would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
SheratonBratislava, General Manager at Sheraton Bratislava Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience from the Sheraton Bratislava Hotel with fellow Tripadvisor travelers. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you soon in Bratislava again.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I travel to Bratislava often and have stayed at most of the 4/5 star hotels. Over time each one has started off well but went downhill for one reason or another (mainly cleanliness and customer service) I have been staying here more recently and by far they seem to be the best in terms of consistency. It is also in a great location and in the summer a walk along the river with the many bars is very pleasant. I recently also had a business dinner in the hotel restaurant and the food was excellent and of good quality. The service was also good to match. The odd glitch was around checking out when they had issues with their computers (happens nearly every visit), the WiFi which appears to now have been sorted out and the unfriendly bar staff (again my last visit showed an improvement) The rooms are spacious, modern and clean. The bathroom is also really nice with a separate shower. The bed is comfortable and every room I stayed in was very quiet. I highly recommend this hotel as primarily a business traveler but also planning to spend some leisure time here too in the future.

Room Tip: Starwood Prefered guest floor on 4th floor (can join when you check in)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for your nice comments. We are so happy that you enjoyed the hotel facilities and its surroundings. I am very sorry to hear about your disappointment with our bar staff. I have informed our Bar Manager and together we will certainly follow up on your comments. Once again I am very glad you enjoyed your stay, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I booked this hotel for a combined business/leisure trip with my wife and daughter. I had a business meeting on the Monday, and therefore we stayed Saturday to Tuesday as a family. We needed a pool for my daughter and this hotel came up really well in all the reviews, they also had a deal on for people staying for three nights, which was perfect for us. When booking I decided to upgrade to a Club room, which was definitely the right decision.

When checking in the receptionist was really pleasant and helpful and when we asked for recommendations on places to visit on a walk in the city she gave us a map and told us how to get to her own favourite little cafe, which I thought was a really nice touch (we did follow up on her recommendation).

The room was on the club level and was superb and plenty big enough. In the room we had everything we needed plus a coffee machine which was a nice change from normal instance coffee and milk powder. We did have a problem with the shower, but an engineer was sent within 10 mins of a phone call, and the hotel could not have done more to solve the problem.

As we had a Club room we had full use of the Club floor which was fantastic. It meant that as a family we could use the facilities in comfort and do our own thing. I had a business meeting on the Monday and so I could have the meeting in the hotel Club lounge in privacy and comfort, and refreshments on tap.

There was a slight mix up with points being allocated to my frequent stayer account, and again once the problem had been picked up the hotel could not do enough to rectify the situation. As an apology (even though it was a computer glitch) they provided a car to take us to the airport on leaving and have promised to look after us on returning.

I have to say the customer service at this hotel was exceptional and the facilities and value for money superb. We will definitely be staying again.

Room Tip: If you can stay in a club room, and go for room 165 or 166 as these are the largest two rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and submitting this great review on Tripadvisor, as well as for praising the positive attitude of our associates. I'm glad we helped to make your stay a memorable one and if you ever decide to return to Bratislava, we'll be happy to have you here at the Sheraton Bratislava Hotel.

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Was relaxing stay at sheraton. After a full day it is a perfect place to be.
I would add a nice relaxing music in the pool area an some more chairs to sit and relax there.
Ou and the internet/printer rooms had a bad working windows on them.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Edijs T
SheratonBratislava, General Manager at Sheraton Bratislava Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice and supporting review. We are glad you enjoyed your time at the Sheraton Bratislava Hotel. Your improvement tips were duly noted. We will be more than happy to welcome you back again. In the meantime, let me wish you safe travels.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Our Expectations were high, regarding our stay in Sheraton Bratislava. Well, it was one of the poorest experiences that I’ve shared with my Family!
After a journey of 500 Kms, we (my Wife, my Daughter and I) were pretty much looking forward to our stay; upon arrival we were received by the Porter (the most positive member that We had met) pleasant, smiley, professional in every sense till the arrival in our room. Great job!
The Receptionist Lady, was pleasant, and even with her poor English skills she did try to make us feel comfortable and explained the necessary. Room for improvement...
We went out for a dinner with some Friends (that is a different review...) and returned back to a well deserved night sleep; we had a long journey ahead of us the next day.
Room was nice, my Daughter’s bed was comfy, above expected, and we found the bathroom well designed! After the morning arrangements, we came down for breakfast and that was when everything started to collapse.
Overall, the restaurant personal was arrogant, unprofessional, and rude even with their replies – perhaps because of their weak language skills.
We were pointed (note; not guided) to a table like: “the follow me yellow car in the airport”, that shows the plane where to park...
Coffee or any other kind of drink, was never offered; no info regarding the buffet display was given (because they were all very busy talking in group about their private lives)!
I ordered (then regretted) a single Egg Benedict which had too much vinegar flavour in the reduction!
At that point the restaurant waitress approached our table and stated:”You better take what You want, because I am closing the buffet at 10.30!” And walked away...not even a smile; mission accomplished, instructions were given!
The breakdown noise that came afterwards was really disturbing, in fact beyond words; china and cutlery banging on each other, everyone rushing, loud communication among them; a true disaster. I’ve been in the Hotel Industry for more than 35 years, never ever seen something like that! So we better rushed out of the room.
However, the best part comes now...
After collecting our luggage, during the check out on the front desk I requested to have a word with the General Manager; I was informed that in a few minutes she will be there with me. As of writing this review, I have not met her!
Instead two young fellows were sent to deal with us. They presented themselves as the Front Office Manager and the Director of Sales and Marketing.
Surprisingly, they both ignored my Wife’s and my Daughter’s presence, and started by offering me a coffee that I politely declined, as I didn’t have enough time on our side!
I was barely able to present my reasons, as they both constantly interrupted me, trying to prove their point of view. They should have paid more attention on the lesson of “How to manage a complaint”!
My Slovak Wife made a comment that being in Bratislava and specifically in Sheraton, the expectations were high; however, what we’d experienced was unacceptable, and all we wished & paid for was just a Pleasant and Professional Attitude with a smile.
She added that unfortunately in Slovakia there is still a long way to go and understand about Hospitality.
Two more times coffee was offered to me (nothing to my Wife and Daughter...) after I told them I didn’t have enough time!
This time, I really got the feeling that “The Guest is not right”, that’s how strongly they were defending their point of view. Then we heard the following sentence from the Front Office Manager;
“Well, Mr. Marques, feel free to send me an email, we will address the situation to the Restaurant Manager, and there is no need to make any comments on any social network. Next time You come back, we will try to compensate!”
Outrageously unbelievable and unprofessional approach!!!
I and my Wife, we looked at each other and realized that we were just wasting our time, and getting more upset to start our long journey. Yet, I still wonder whether the young managers actually realized how badly they treated the situation...
Salutations were exchanged and sadly, Sheraton Bratislava is crossed out of our destination choices forever!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank LuisSousaMarques
SheratonBratislava, General Manager at Sheraton Bratislava Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Mr. Marques,

Thank you for taking some of your valuable time to share your experience with us. We attach a lot of importance to your remarks as it is with this information that we are able to recognize and improve the critical points in our organization. Please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience with our services. I am truly sorry the hotel has not met your expectations. Naturally, we have acted on your comments already and are following up. I will be in touch with you personally for further follow up.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I am a business traveller and the services, amenities, location and food are important to me on a trip that often lasts two weeks or more. Services are impeccable at this four star hotel, from room service to simple things like asking for additional clothes hangers. You don't have to wait long for your request to be dealt with. There is an excellent concierge team at the hotel, although I much prefer to do my own thing including ordering taxis. The hotel has a 12.5m swimming pool and sauna; the downside is that the swimming pool is not opened until 07:00. As a Platinum card holder, I also enjoy the use of the club lounge where I can have snacks and refreshments throughout the day, and access to a printer if I want to print out a boarding pass. Location wise: it is spot on: right next to the Eurovea Shopping Centre, with easy access to all kinds of shops including a Billa supermarket, ATMs, a local dry cleaner (which is much cheaper than the hotel laundry) and many other shops selling international brands (if that is your preference). It's a ten minute walk to the Old Town, and a minute walk to the strip of restaurants running along the River Danube. Opposite the hotel is the SND (for theatre, opera and ballet) and a multiplex cinema. Also, there are events staged at the Eurovea Square regularly, so as a hotel guest you have easy access to free entertainment. During the Ice Hockey Championship 2012, the Square came alive with giant screens beaming the latest exploits of the Slovakian team. I also enjoyed some home made entertainment at the Square, most of them rather charming and amusing. From the hotel it is a 10 minute taxi ride to the main train station and from there you can get a train into Vienna for €14 return including the underground. The wifi works well in the hotel, and I can have 3 devices on wifi at any time without having to request a separate voucher for each device. Food at the hotel is excellent: there is a good choice at breakfast, the a la carte menu at the Anjou Brasserie is excellent compared to the restaurants nearby. I had stayed in a boutique hotel in Bratislava and for the same money, Bratislava is head and shoulder above the boutique hotel. My colleagues tend to stay at a more functional hotel near the Bratislava airport, but it is a long way from the city centre and all the aforementioned amenities. I stayed at the Sheraton Hotel at Kansas for six months but the Sheraton Hotel Bratislava is head and shoulders above the one at Kansas.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Diana,

Thank you very much for sharing this great review with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. I am very happy to have had you as our Platinum guest and to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Shortly we will be introducing our new Winter Garden with fantastic views onto the square and our spring menu, so I hope to be able to welcome you again soon at the Sheraton Bratislava Hotel.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Hotel rooms, amenities and staff were absolutely perfect. Very convenient location (city center, river, shopping mall and quality restaurants) make it a perfect place to stay and enjoy Bratislava. For convention organisers: management of the hotel is very open to any proposls for hotel/ restaurant arrangements your company may need. Very convenient.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dzierbicki

Dear valued guest,

First of all let me thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. We are very glad you have enjoyed your stay with us. We are trying to exceed the expectations of our guests, and as you mentioned our conventions organizers are always ready to help with special requests or needs of our clients. Once again thank you and we hope to be able to welcome you at the Sheraton Bratislava again soon.