“Business In Bratislava”

Sheraton Bratislava Hotel
Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Bratislava
Reviewed October 24, 2012

A super hotel for business and I would say personal travel. Probably one of the best Sheraton's which I've stayed in.
Rooms - large, spacious with all the amenities - coffe maker in room, bottled water.
Resaturant - very good. Breakfast was excellent.. with every imaginable food from eggs to fish.
Staff were very pleasant, helpful and prompt.
Concierge always called a cab which was waiting to take me to the office. they also arranged a cab to pick me up at the office and bring me back. Make sure the hotel calls you a cab rather than taking one at the curb. The "curb" cabs aren't part of a company and over charge.
A short walk to Old Town - which is a must see, even if you only have an hour or two at the end of a busy work day.
Old Town has lots of beautiful historic sights.
Next door is a huge shopping center where you can shop till you drop. They have theatres and casino in this shopping mall.

1  Thank Vicar_of_Dibley
SheratonBratislava, General Manager at Sheraton Bratislava Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for your nice comments. We are so happy that you enjoyed the hotel facilities and surroundings. As you mentioned, our limousine service is always ready to provide you with the highest standard for reasonable prices. Should your travels ever bring you to back to Bratislava and the Slovak Republic, we would be happy if you considered staying with us again.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Bratislava Hotel

Reviewed October 21, 2012

The Sheraton Bratislava provided us with a very memorable stay when we spent three nights there at the end of September, 2012. They arranged a car to pick us up at the Vienna airport and transport us to the hotel. The driver was waiting for us with a sign when we arrived and we were transported in a spotless black Mercedes. The staff was very helpful with information about the city. The decor of the hotel was welcoming and charming. The location is very convenient as it is part of a large and very modern shopping complex with restaurants and we were able to walk to the Old Town easily along the Danube.
I have never seen hotel hallways more beautiful than in this hotel. They are decorated with lamps and vases along their entire length. Our room was spotless and very tastefully decorated. There were convenient outlets to charge our many electrical items with our 110 converter.
We did not eat in the hotel restaurant but the bars in the lobby provided excellent service.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jumehal
SheratonBratislava, General Manager at Sheraton Bratislava Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Bratislava Hotel and sharing your experience with fellow Tripadvisor travelers. It makes me happy hearing you had a great time at our hotel. Should your travels ever bring you to back to Bratislava, we will be more than happy to welcome you again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Our company recently hosted our pinnacle annual event with the Sheraton and from the word go the staff were fast, eager to help and aware of our budget. Anything we needed they provided, before during and after our event. It felt like anything we needed they could do and then they offered something else, always free of charge, on top.
The staff at the hotel are unbeatable, easily some of the best I've ever encountered. More than this the service was consistent through out the staff; there wasn't one weak link.
The hotel itself is beautiful and is situated perfectly.
I wouldn't hesitate to refer this hotel to anyone be it for business or pleasure and I look forward to returning as a tourist!

1  Thank Jo T

Dear Jo,

Thank you for your review full of positive words. It makes me happy hearing you and your colleagues had a great time at our hotel, and that you appreciated the professional, yet friendly attitude of our associates. It was a pleasure hosting your event, and I hope to see you returning to the Sheraton Bratislava Hotel.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed here for 2 days end of September.

Room is big with a view of the shopping mall next to it. It is very convenient for shopping and restaurants. My room cost me around EUR100, which I think is very good value as the room is quite big. Although it is next to the Danube, none of the rooms have view of the river.

Receptionist is extremely helpful. Gave me the WIFI password, so I did not have to pay for it. I think they do that to most guests but you may have to ask for it.

I like this hotel, nothing much for me to say but I do hope you will find the photos helpful.

Another tip is always order taxi by phone or get the hotel to order for you. Or I am 100% sure you will be ripped off in Bratislava.

Room Tip: Most rooms are more or less the same. However you should try one of the restaurants by the Danube wh...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Dear guest,

I am glad you enjoyed the time at our hotel. As you mentioned, the best way to get a taxi is to let us order it for you, or to get our limousine service that is always ready to provide you with a high standard of service for reasonable prices. I hope you will be able to return to Bratislava, and in that case allow us to treat you as our guest.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I was here last week as part of a small convention. Excellent hotel, very good food, attentive staff members, nice location almost by the Danube. Would stay here again should I need to be in Bratislava.

Dear Paul,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience from the Sheraton Bratislava Hotel with the fellow Tripadvisor travelers. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you soon in Bratislava again.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

not just another Sheraton. It is more than that.

It is only three years old, and is thus a member of the contemporary school of architecture, with lots of light through tall windows, cool marble floors, and warm modern furnishings. It is situated on a development on the banks of the River Danube, and Bratislava’s latest shopping centre is on the doorstep. So, we have a modern building on a modern development - so what? What this hotel has is excellence.

From the moment you check-in, it is a friendly and welcoming place. It has the most comfortable beds, be they single or double, it has a bathroom (with both full length bath and separate shower) that is a tribute to thoughtfulness in design and layout, and everything is more than one might expect.

Breakfasts are banquets, the choice is endless, and a chef will rustle up almost anything with an egg (or two) in it that you can think of. The lunch time buffet is again a choice of superbly cooked and delicious food, hot or cold, with desserts that taste every bit as good as they look, but probably a bit better.

For those who need room service whilst they catch up with the day, the food choice is excellent, and meals arrive in short order, freshly prepared, and cheerfully served. Go for the local wines, Milos Matus has a great Riesling and a red not unlike a Pinotage.

The staff are, without exception, cheerfully polite, friendly and efficient, which has more to do with the Slovak culture than it does with any training. The hotel’s facilities include a fitness centre, a spa and a swimming pool, whilst for those who stay there for more mundane reasons, the conference facilities are second to none.

If one has a complaint at all then it probably has nothing to do with the hotel. Whilst the media system is easy to operate, for those whose main language is English then the choice of CNN, BBC and Sky, who rival each other for sheer tedium, is not much of a choice, and the addition of, say, a classical music, or jazz FM radio channel might be a nice idea. If you choose a radio channel – you get BBC World Service, back to tedium. Sure there are plenty of films to choose from, but films these days are not what they were!

This is a hotel run by hoteliers, and where guests are treated as their raison d’etre. Stay there and enjoy the experience.

Room Tip: I am sure that all the rooms in this hotel are excellent. The area is quiet at night and you can sle...
4  Thank Henwood

Dear valued guest,

I am glad you enjoyed the time spent at our hotel. Thank you very much for taking your time and submitting this great review on Tripadvisor, as well as for praising the positive attitude of our associates, it really made my day :) I'm glad we helped to make your stay a memorable one and if you ever decide to return to Bratislava, we'll be happy to have you here at the Sheraton Bratislava Hotel.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

The Sheraton Bratislava is one of the best Sheratons I've ever been. Quality of service, style and comfort remind me more to upscale Westin hotels than to average Sheratons.

The hotel is situated outside the old town but in walking distance to the main monuments and pedestrian zone. It offers a spa and nicely stuffed fitness centre, spacious pool and sauna as well as steam bath. My junior suite (#171) was spacious, had a Nespresso machine, bath tub, shower, seating area and comfortable king size bed. T.V. offers not sufficient selection of free-T.V. programmes. It gave me access to the Club in first floor, open from 6am to 11pm with different drinks and snacks. For breakfast don't go there, go to the restaurant which is much better and fulfills the expectation of a hotel of this level. Be aware of going there late: they really start to tear-down the buffet at 10:30.

Once it happened that I forgot my briefcase with wallet, cash, credit cards etc. in the club. After a certain while I got a phone call on the room and the security service asked me if I have forgotten my briefcase. I got it back without any losses.

Another annoying thing is the elevators, you always need to swipe your room card and sometimes it just doesn't work. Sometimes the cabins seem to be stuck in a certain floor and don't react on calls for a certain while.

When should you book this hotel?

When you want a comfortable hotel
with great staff and
highest security standards
in contemporary interiour style and
cozy wellness area
in between of old town and business district (both in walking distance).

You shold not go for the Sheraton, if you

want a palais hotel in the old town with
individual charme and