“Very nice hotel”
Review of Hotel Albrecht

Hotel Albrecht
Ranked #27 of 92 Hotels in Bratislava
Reviewed May 27, 2014

In the 4th quarter of 2013 I traveled several times to Bratislava and following the recommendation of my friends I stayed at this hotel. My feeling was that I'm home.It's not a big hotel but has nice rooms and it's very clean everywhere. They have a very good restaurant. Personnel is very professional and friendly with the guests and speaking very good English. There is no elevator.They have also a very good bar. This hotel is located in a beautiful and quiet district of Bratislava. In a short time I'll travel again to Bratislava and of course that I'll stay at Albrecht Hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Christian P
Albrecht A, General Manager at Hotel Albrecht, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback regarding your stay with us in 2013.
We are very pleased to read your review especially that your stay goes back to 2013 and you still posted your review to share your experience, thank you.
We appreciate your business and loyalty and we look forward to your next visit and another enjoyable stay.
Regards,

There are newer reviews for Hotel Albrecht

Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a night in this hotel, the staff were very helpful (English was good), they took out bags up to the room and there were chocolate on our pillows. Room was really nice, although a bit small although this may have been that the bed was massive! The bathroom was amazing, by far the best part of the room, with a huge bath in it. The location wasn't too bad there is a team outside to get to the city.
The restaurant looked over price and was very fancy; caviar and lobster all round! But it isn't too hard to find an alternative.
Staff were incredibly helpful and everything was handled really well. Nice hotel, nice location - would definitely recommend!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GCarlini
Albrecht A, Manager at Hotel Albrecht, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

your experience from last stay at Albrecht Hotel is accepted gladly. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed the sleep quailty and bathroom ambiente. Hotel Albrecht is small boutigue hotel and for your next stay we will be pleased to offer you an upgrade to an executive room with terrase and 35 square meters and terrase. I will pass the nice judgement to Mr. Zidek about experience from Restaurant and thank you for that, too.

I am looking forward to welcome you back again.

Sincerely your,

Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel in fantastic and relatively quiet place in superior quarter of Bratislava city offer fantastic restaurant of chef Jaroslav Zidek (nationality Czech).
There is no lift. Parking is ok with entrance on lateral side of building.
Staff very friendly and proffesional.
Except the elevator nothing to say critic ;)

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank CarlosCosmos

Dear Sir,

it was a pleasure for me to find your nice comment about rooms, service and Restaurant.
Due to historical building, two stores and 11 available rooms, only, there was no lift build built in and we do our best to assist with luggage to all our guests, at least.
We are looking forward to your next visit .

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Hotel only has 12 rooms and offers highly individual attention to guests. Reception staff are very friendly and helpful. They even help us to make reservations for tours, plan for the activities and give us a tour of the hotel. The restaurant inside the hotel offers excellent food. Presentation is very good. The indoor heated pool is amazing. Since there are only 12 rooms, the pool is hardly occupied. The jet offers very comfortable hydro massage.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CUHK
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have been always fan of rather smaller hotels. This particular hotel has only 12 rooms to keep really intimate atmosphere. It is basically a large villa set in residential area near Bratislava castle. Surrounding of a hotel is quiet with only a little traffic. Unfortunately it is not very close to the city center but we did not mind as both of us (me and my girlfriend) spend considerable time in the city center and were really happy to leave the buzz behind.

Hotel itself is decorated in boutique style and give you a homey feel. Reception, bar, restaurant and even spa center are rather small if you compare them with for example Kempinski River Park hotel. However this does not mean that we fell claustrophobic by any mean:) Room itself is nice, super clean and provide all the amenities you need. Our bathroom was wonderful, with a really big bathtub.

We did not eat in a restaurant but it is run by one of the most respected chefs of the country, so I doubt that you will be disappointed. However we have few drinks in bar and prices are really reasonable considering where you are drinking:)

Spa is little gem. It is not large- consists only of like 15 meters long pool, 2 or 3 saunas, cooling pool and massage room but it is really beautiful and, thanks to just 12 hotel rooms, not overcrowded.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Martin G
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Very beautiful hotel, located in a residencial area of Bratislawa, a bit far away from the downtown, but anyway, great place. Very big and comfortable rooms, clean, my room had a great balcony with table+4 chairs, great to have a drink or enjoy the evening......all that fantastic and great if you are on vacations, or on a romantic week-end with wife/husband/partner.

I landed here because the usual hotels I use in Bratislawa were all full (Sheraton, Crown Plaza) and my assistant told me that our travel agent recommended this place. I was on business, with a very tight agenda. Landed at Vienna Airport from London at 11:00PM, took a Taxi, arrived at the hotel 11:50PM, very tired and dying from hunger.....at check in asked the reception if I could get something to eat, and they told me that no, nothing, and in the area there was simply nothing to buy. The guy at reception told me I should try the mini-bar from the room.....therefore, my dinner was 2 packs of Pringles chips, and honey roasted almonds from the mini-bar. I also asked for wireless internet, and they told me that in the room only wired, and wireless in the lobby, meaning that after a day full of meetings, rush to Heathrow, full flight, etc, I was not able to sit in my bed and check some mails and presentation material. Much less personalized than at the Albrecht, but it is clear that something like this (which I give a lot of value when travelling on business) would have never happened in a 5-star chain hotel like the mentioned at the beginning of the review.

Bottom line, very beautiful place, and will come back, but with my wife on a romantic week-end.......but for my next business trip to Bratislawa, will certainly go to the hotels I usually do.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Alvaro E
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The hotel was very impressive, clean, nice design, good restaurant. I would say maybe a bit overrated. The room is nice and big enough, but i didnt like the grey colour of the walls. The bathroom was huge, but a bit cold. What i liked a lot was the bathub, it was really huge. The swimmingpool was nice, not really big. The stuff could be maybe a bit friendlier and pay more attention to the guests wishes. I asked the lady at the desk in the spa to tell me if any male is coming to the swimmingpool area, since im a muslim and covering myselfe, so i asked her to let me know and i can cover myselfe and leave but when we were in the sauna i saw her coming inside with a man, which i didnt find nice at all. I dont think its a big request, so a guest i would not expect to be ignored this way. I would recommend this hotel and would stay next time for a night or two for sure.

1  Thank Noorika