“Quite adequate”
Review of Hotel Avance

Hotel Avance
Ranked #18 of 92 Hotels in Bratislava
Reviewed December 8, 2013

As a guest on a business trip last week I was checked into this Hotel.
The rooms are modern and well fitted out. The bathroom was adequate with a powerful shower located above the bath ( a shame this was not free standing in its own shower cabinet as the powerful spray did tend to soak the bathroom floor )
I had a room to the front of the hotel affording perhaps a cheerier outlook than those rooms to the rear.
Breakfast was again adequate and the coffee was excellent.
The staff were perhaps more efficient than friendly but I had no complaints.
The location of this hotel in the old town is what makes it a good choice.
Everything touristy is within walking distance.
The Wifi worked very well.
All in all I would be happy to stay here again if I was to return to Bratislava on another occasion

Room Tip: Rooms to the front are in my opinion the best option
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AllanWanderlust

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Its hard to tell what i did like, maybe room. it was really good looking room and free wifi ... The hotel is located close to the city center.

i think for this price in Bratislava room should have:
- coffeemaker,
- wall plugs next to the bed
- slippers
room should be clean, we did stay 2 days and we could write with finger to the dust

Try to find out in advance if hotel plan to have some company banquet or similar plans, if so just go to different hotel (i dint sleep til 3:30am one night, cause this mistake)

I have to tell that hotel management did offered me a free stay as compensation for this, so i know it was not standard situation, bud really management should consider what is more important, guests in hotel or banquet for some company.

-- staff on reception is incompetent
-- staff in restaurant ok, just they do things they should do when restaurant is closed not front of guests (preparing things for next day breakfast ....)
-- staff from kitchen and reception should not be found smoking in garage

Room Tip: dont stay on first floor
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Zuzana244
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The hotel is located close to the Danubie port and to the city center. Then you can easily walk to downtown or enjoing a relaxing promenade on the blue Danubie. Clean, confortable, very calm, with private parking, good restaurant and a very well working wifi service to connect to internet. From the hotel it is easy to reach the main turistic points in Bratislava ( the castle, the cathedral, the main square, the blue church, the shopping area) and the port where if you want you can book your cruise to Vienna. Definetly recommended.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2013

One cannot go wrong, with this hotel. Excellent location / staff / bar / room (Posh bathroom... what a treat). Even my friend Doris, would be pleased with this hotel; we are going to recommend it to her (beleive me, Doris would be very annoyed, if I gave a poor recommendation). What more can I say. Book it, you will enjoy.

Room Tip: We stayed with another couple. rooms on the first floor, both excellent rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The hotel is located in the historical centre and within a walking distance from the pier where the ferry from Vienna terminates.
The staff was courteous and spoke English. Breakfast was good, not amazing but still satisfying. The room was clean, modern and comfortable. I stayed there for 2 nights during a short city break in late May'12.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Serge_Dee
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights, chose this hotel due to to central location as per Tripadvisors comments. On our first night at 23.38 pm, all of a sudden a lady opened our door, and she said she made a mistake and pointed that her room was 440. 8 asked her how she can open our door with her key? I immediately informed the night reception who replied to me that it can't be possible! I told him it just happened and my husband and I saw the lady! The next morning, we reported again to the lady receptionist and her first reaction was it can't happen! We told her it did, and suggested they check their CCTV. So before our departure today, we asked her again and she said that they did not see anyone because the camera shows only people leaving he elevator and not going into their rooms..and she again repeated that this was not possible to happen! So I ask her whether she thinks I was inventing a story? Without any regrets nor apologies fromn this lady , its a pity for a hotel with such a good reputation, having won the 2012 Tripadvisor best hotel, and have such an attitude like this of their staff! As I said the hotel was almost perfect, I would like also to suggest that breakfast be refilled with hot dishes ..for some late comers like us. Housekeeping should also be trained to check and clean properly, when we arrived we noticed bread crumbs on the carpets, and was still thee until the day we left. The throw pillow on the sofa will also need to be replaced as this is completely old and thorn! As I said it was almost perfect due to its location and spacious room. I like to have a reply from the Manager for the incident that happened on 10 sept. thank you

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Adelaida Gigi P
Reviewed September 1, 2013

A modem, clean, comfortable hotel in a very central location in Bratislava. The rooms are large and very comfortable with modern spacious bathrooms. The breakfast is excellent and there is a nice comfortable bar for evenings. The staff are efficient and helpful. I can recommend using the hotel limo service between Bratislava and Vienna Airport. All round an excellent base for your visit to Bratislava.

Room Tip: Check out the air con - a little noisy in some rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business