Hotel Avance
Art Hotel William(Bratislava)
  • Pool
Old City Hotel(Bratislava)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscar liftsmall loungefresh cut fruitold towncity centre hotelperfect locationshort walkminute taxi ridewill stay there againdanube riverunderground parkingspacious bathroomsuperb hotelyogurtrooms are bigrestaurants and barsthe hotel offers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The hotel is located in the historical centre and within a walking distance from the pier where the ferry from Vienna terminates.
The staff was courteous and spoke English. Breakfast was good, not amazing but still satisfying. The room was clean, modern and comfortable. I stayed there for 2 nights during a short city break in late May'12.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Serge_Dee
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights, chose this hotel due to to central location as per Tripadvisors comments. On our first night at 23.38 pm, all of a sudden a lady opened our door, and she said she made a mistake and pointed that her room was 440. 8 asked her how she can open our door with her key? I immediately informed the night reception who replied to me that it can't be possible! I told him it just happened and my husband and I saw the lady! The next morning, we reported again to the lady receptionist and her first reaction was it can't happen! We told her it did, and suggested they check their CCTV. So before our departure today, we asked her again and she said that they did not see anyone because the camera shows only people leaving he elevator and not going into their rooms..and she again repeated that this was not possible to happen! So I ask her whether she thinks I was inventing a story? Without any regrets nor apologies fromn this lady , its a pity for a hotel with such a good reputation, having won the 2012 Tripadvisor best hotel, and have such an attitude like this of their staff! As I said the hotel was almost perfect, I would like also to suggest that breakfast be refilled with hot dishes ..for some late comers like us. Housekeeping should also be trained to check and clean properly, when we arrived we noticed bread crumbs on the carpets, and was still thee until the day we left. The throw pillow on the sofa will also need to be replaced as this is completely old and thorn! As I said it was almost perfect due to its location and spacious room. I like to have a reply from the Manager for the incident that happened on 10 sept. thank you

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Adelaida Gigi P
Reviewed September 1, 2013

A modem, clean, comfortable hotel in a very central location in Bratislava. The rooms are large and very comfortable with modern spacious bathrooms. The breakfast is excellent and there is a nice comfortable bar for evenings. The staff are efficient and helpful. I can recommend using the hotel limo service between Bratislava and Vienna Airport. All round an excellent base for your visit to Bratislava.

Room Tip: Check out the air con - a little noisy in some rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights.
The location is very good, close to the old town and to the Danube. The room was big, no bad odors, clean. The beds could have been cleaner (long strands of hair and some stains on the linen). The bathrooms was big and very clean.
The restaurant had good food and the personnel of the hotel and of the restaurant was very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2013

With the car safely in the underground (8 car large) parking lot visiting Bratislava is great.
The airco in the room makes coming to your room very relaxing in the hot summer days.

Breakfast
On weekdays we were allowed to squeeze our own oranges and grapes for fresh juice. In the weekend fresh juice wasn't available (sad emoticon).
Breakfast is (to slovak standards) quite complete. Coming from a german hotel we missed the variety in breakfast a little.

Staff
The staff was polite and did was asked without any complaints. I would not call them genuine.
The contacts with cleaning ladies and ladies at the reception was splendid. You could feel the stares of the bartenders and see them start chatting when the elevator doors close.

(bath)Room
The rooms are very modern and the bathroom is excellent .
The bath is big enough for three (happy emoticon)!

Extra's
A Baby bed was provided for our baby, and extra efforts (sterilisation of bottles) are no problem at all.
We will probably be staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family