“Best hotel in Bratislava”

Grand Hotel River Park Bratislava
Ranked #2 of 92 Hotels in Bratislava
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

A wonderful hotel overlooking river Danube on an exciting new modern development. Great choice of riverside cafés for a coffee but not need to leave hotel for food- great wine and tapas bar for lunch and excellent dining room for dinner. Rooms are excellent and hotel staff great! A walk along the riverside to the old town.

• Stayed: November 2013
Bratislava_Kempinski, Manager at Grand Hotel River Park Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Thank you for posting your comment on TripAdvisor. We were happy to read your review, and are glad that we could contribute to make your trip to Bratislava a great experience. We are looking forward to welcome you again.
With warm regards

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a romantic weekend. Enjoyed really much of the modern and spacious rooms of the hotel and of coure the limousine ride. Service was perfect and the breakfast too. Would like to come again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comment regarding your recent stay at Kempinski Hotel River Park Bratislava. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your romantic stay and appreciated the services we delivered to you.
With warm regards

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed here on business and it is quite simply excellent, a good restaurant, excellent room, and a fantastic spa on the 11th floor, complete with hot tubs, pool and ice shower etc...

The view over the Danube is wonderful, staff were friendly, would highly recommend

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind comment on your stay at the Kempinski Hotel River Park Bratislava. We are pleased to read that you have enjoyed your business trip and that the hotel and its restaurant, spa, and the staff made your trip an excellent experience. We are looking forward to welcoming you in the future!
With warm regards,

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Now, I have to say I always liked Kempinski Network. For the little things they do to make your "home away" to feel a bit more home'y. But this time they surprised me. Kempinsi Hotel river Park in Bratislava, has made a little thing that changed positive experience into something more. When I ordered a wake up call - they asked "Would like to have coffee with your wake up call"? To best of my knowledge I had not heard it ever before in hotel - or any of hundreds hotels I had been to. Yes, why not I thought. If you are anything like me - these little things matter, especially if you are business traveller. When I travel I usually come to hotel very late after business dinners and need to finish up with some urgent emails - what happens I usually go to sleep very late and are dead tired when I wake up - which results in missing breakfasts. In Kampinski Bratislava they take care of people like me. 60 seconds after the wake up call rang - I had coffee delivered to my room -> which made my morning more shiny :) And ready for challenges of the day ahead.
I appologize for a bit long story - but I think these little things matter, they show management of hotel tries to really make the road worrier life a bit easier :)
Of course apart of that there are many more things why this hotel is nice: 1) location on river front 2) Bathrobes in bathroom 3) Spacious rooms 4) Big bathroom 5) Nice bar 6) Friendly Staff. But I will remember the coffee with wake up call for a long time.
If I would ask to improve one thing - please get a grip in taxis - I got a bit of the mess waiting for my ride in the morning - too many people tried to help me to get my ride, resulting in having to confess where I had to go to 3 different guys from whom 1 directed my to wrong taxi.
That is small thing to improve - otherwise SUPER place - and COFFEE WITH WAKE UP CALL :)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Bratislava_Kempinski, Manager at Grand Hotel River Park Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

We are happy that you chose to stay at the Kempinski Hotel River Park and that you took the time to share your opinion. We are pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay and your morning wake-up call coffee so much. Thank you for your valuable comments to improve our services. We are looking forward to welcoming you in Bratislava again soon.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I am quite sure this is easily the best hotel in town. Very modern, nice location at the River Park and with splendid views of the Danube, especially from the well appointed Zion spa on the 11th floor.

The staff gave me a great deal including an upgrade to an executive room and access to the executive lounge on the 9th floor, where you can have free drinks and snacks all day. Effectively this saves you a lunch.

The room has every amenity you can think of. I loved the rain shower and the bath with electronic temperature display. The airco unit were not so easy to operate and the same goes for selecting a channel on the tv.

Beds are extremely comfortable with lovely soft linnen and down which guarantees a good sleep.

Breakfast buffet gives you a tremendous choice of options and also menu of eggs (which I did not use).

Internet was reliable and OK and as in the other hotel I stayed in, there is an option between free internet and high-speed (which I guess on non-executive floors is charged extra). On my floor however the free internet was faster than the high-speed. For a 5* plus hotel actually I expect a higher internet speed.

The hotel has a car service taking you for free into downtown (I gave a tip but don't know whether this is expected). But 'downtown' seems to be a bit limited. Apropos taxis: NEVER take one on the street as you will pay 3-5 times more than if you order one by the hotel or restaurant.

And now we come to the chapter Service. As everywhere I went to, it is patchy and not of consistent high quality. The staff surely give their best within their own abilities. But I miss a certain customer sensitivity. Different staff can ask you the same question within minutes. Staff can appear to be intrusive asking questions maybe to arrange with you in communication, but they miss the point that you are simply not into this. A typical example was "How are you today?", "And what are you going to do today?" Well.. uhm... Also a hysterical one was the question if I would like milk in my Irish coffee. Also, I don't expect the turn-down service to arrive ar 5:40 PM.
So, there is an improvement area here.

Still I think the hotel deserves 5 stars (it could be 4.5 but I rounded up haha!)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. We are happy to read you liked the hotel, its location, room equipment, bed, Spa, breakfast buffet and thank you for your comments on your preferences and recommendations too. We are looking forward to meeting you again at the Kempinski Hotel River Park in Bratislava!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

The hotel is modern and luxurious: our room was big, well-arranged, and had enough electricity outlets for a couple of gadget freaks... (i.e. enough to charge 2 smartphones, 2 tablets, and a camera). And the spa is first-class. The hotel restaurant (River Park) is highly recommended - it's a real gourmet experience, with a recommendation from the Gault Millau restaurant guide; sadly, it is underrepresented on tripadvisor.

What is more, the service was even better than the amenities: we were met with a smile, always, by everyone from the receptionists, through the restaurant staff, to even the maids. Everyone was ready to help and propose ideas for our travel (including researching stuff for us, such as train tables and local event times).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlonZiv

Thank you for your kind comment regarding your recent stay at Kempinski Hotel River Park Bratislava. We are always happy to hear feedback from our valuable guests. It is great that you have enjoyed eating at the River Bank Restaurant, your spacious room and the overall atmosphere in the hotel.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Great hotel, beautiful room, good service, fabulous pool-spa department on top floor and well-assorted breakfast with bubbles. On top of everything is the hotel's Rolls-Royce service which gives you a free ride a day per room in the most beautiful car driven by a chauffeur in suit and accompanied by classical music!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your experiences. We are happy to read you liked services provided to you and enjoyed the Rolls-Royce ride downtown! We are looking forward to welcoming you again!