“Quality place in Bratislava”
Review of Kogo

Kogo
Ranked #71 of 1,241 Restaurants in Bratislava
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Staré Mesto
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Most of the places in the city centre of BRatislava are tourist trap..However, Kogo is not....We went there several times, and I can tell you that Steak Tartar is one of the best I had for a long time....As well the Tuna Steak...The food is not cheap, sometimes overrated. Therefore, I have not given a 5star experience.....The service is nice and friendly.....recommended....

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I don't wish anybody such bad experience. Slovak rude waiters, food eatable but prices higher than at 5th Avenue NY.

8  Thank HurtJan
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed four nights in Bratislava at a hotel directly across from the restaurant. As we had already been in Eastern Europe for around 10 days, we weren't "on the hunt" on this particular night for an ethnic Slovakian restaurant. We had attended the symphony (wonderful!!! and half a block away) and we were looking for a convenient place to have a glass of wine and something light to eat. Kogo turned out to be perfect.
Kogo is located along a lovely tree-lined lane near to embassies and the opera and symphony so the location itself is upscale. They have an enclosed, glassed-in eating area (this was October so this is probably outside eating in the summer) which we sat in. So, for us, the ambiance was great. We had just enjoyed Slovakian culture in an impressive and historic Rococo symphonic hall and now were sitting in a lovely restaurant at night but with 360 degree views of the outside.
The food was not memorable but still good.
I would recommend this place for the convenience, ambiance and a break from the heavier ethnic foods and beers. For us, it was a lovely conclusion to a great evening in Bratislava.

Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

A place to find good quality sea food in Central Europe, far from sea. Nice environment. Central and handy for travellers.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stopped at Kogo while walking through Old Town. It was getting late and I saw that they had an combination American menu. The waiters seem to be rather snooty and see you as a distraction to whatever they were doing. Simple questions on finding a Slovakian beer or how to pronounce a Slovakian word is treated with disdain.

The food was adequate. Definitely not something to write home about by any means. The prices are high, by Slovakia standards, or even US standards, for that matter. For two mixed drinks, a soup and a main course of lamb/veal with rice came to over €60, which is $77.64 according to today's exchange rate.

2  Thank iowaaggie