“American style brunch”
Review of Merica

Merica
Ranked #1,035 of 1,466 Restaurants in Bratislava
Reviewed March 11, 2017 via mobile

American diner like menu, with a healthy twist. The food is decent if you miss brunch. Unfortunately it is incredibly slow. Been two times abd waited over half an hour for our meal each time.

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed December 23, 2016 via mobile

Our visit to this lovely café, breakfast point happened quite by chance. We got off the tram at the stop right opposite to it and were hungry. We saw this place right in front of us and dropped in for a bite.

At first I must tell you that this place looks very simple but quite aesthetically done. It is airy, spacious and has lots of tables to accommodate many patrons. It has an open service counter but the kitchen seems to be somewhere on the top floor. They have very nicely ensured that their patrons are not troubled or irritated by the kitchen fumes.

The menu is very minimalistic and offers a choiceable offering from breakfast, brunch and dinner with lots of beverages from tea, coffee to fruit juices.

On both our days of stay in Bratislava we preferred to have breakfast here because of it's quality and variety. I must add one more thing. I traveled 5-6 kms from my hotel till here to have breakfast. So this says something.

We ordered for a simple smaller version of a full English breakfast with coffee and it was very well done. The fried eggs were just in it's place and did not break away instantly when I cut it with my spoon. The bacon was rightly fried and not overdone and toast was neither too soft or too crisp, just perfect. The serving was right for an average eater like me. The prices too are not very expensive so one can keep coming by.

The only thing left desirable was the time taken to serve the order. The service was largely great, the staff were courteous& friendly and assistiv. But if one ignores the first point, it's a great place for breakfast.

I can however not comment on lunch and dinner at this restaurant as I did not eat my other meals here.

But based on my experience with the breakfast I can safely assume that they serve their lunch and dinner with the same quality. In short it is definitely recommended to try out at least one meal here.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed November 22, 2016

This is a nice little place in Stará Tržnica, Bratislava's refurbished market hall. The interior design is Ok, however, a bit cold with the combination of stone / cast iron / ceramic tiles. This makes the place to be of poorer acoustics and less comfortable. They have very nutritious vegan stuff, even weird things which you cannot eat elsewhere. Tasty and fresh dishes, you choose your side dishes, you can combine more of them on one plate. They have homemade drinks, cakes, and meat dishes, too. The waiters were very nice, but the waiting seemed a bit slow, if you take into consideration that you order your food at the counter and take it on a platter.

The price is the worst part, even though the things are very healthy and authentic here, the prices are unreasonably high compared to the amount of food.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed October 8, 2016 via mobile

Don't bother the service is awful , there's 4 of us 3 have had their bfast, the other is still waiting after an hour

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

We went here looking for a cheaper option near the old city centre. It was relatively cheap, good beer! The food was ok nothing spectacular but it was only lunch.

Date of visit: July 2016