“Family friendly”
Review of Hotel Sachticka

Hotel Sachticka
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Banska Bystrica
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Just the perfect place for a short holiday with kids, there is everything you need to keep the small ones busy and under supervision at one time. Staff is very friendly, very likely the biggest asset of the hotel - they were not stressed by our small once at all. So I would recommend to everyone who likes short treks to mountains and needs to keep his kids busy - they rent bicykles, there is a small zoo, playgrounds all over the hotel area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Peter M
Hotel_Sacht_Manager, Manager at Hotel Sachticka, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear Peter, Thank you very much for your awesome review. We had a great time hosting your group. Thank you for trusting us, and for spending your weekend with us.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Sachticka

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Our company have had a team building in hotel Sachticka. Hotel is situated nearby Banska Bystrica / appr. 8 km / at the saddle of the Pansky diel hill/. Located high in the mountains /960 m above sea level/ the hotel and its surroundings is an admirable place for all those visitors who like natural scenery. Pansky diel is the utmost peak of the Low Tatras. It offers a magnificent view to the surrounding countryside. If the weather conditions are favourable it is possible to enjoy the beautiful view of the Low Tatras, the Kremnicky and Stiavnicky Hills, the Big Fatras. There is a forest path leading to the picturesque village of Spania Dolina dominated by its church originating from the 12th century.The surrounding is breath taking. Such a nice place! To hotel it self - a bit outdated but nice. Stuff nice and helpful. But when it comes to rooms - a nightmare. Old furniture, TV remote did not work, no fridge, cold in room/ heating totally old and not function. Bathroom - even worse than the room - small, no space, etc. But room had a nice terrace with beautiful view. Restaurant offer variety of meals which I personally have enjoyed, breakfast as usual, some eggs, some cheese, some hams, etc. In SPA center is small pool, but water was quite cold. All in all maybe an average hotel, but with nice, helpful stuff in amazing surrounding for those who love nature or enjoying skies in winter time.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Peter_G83
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is my favourite hotel in my home country. I have been going there several times a year ever since high-school. I even organize my company meetings there these days. The hotels has a nice small surprise for me every time I come - a small improvement here or there. The hotel has an excellet kitchen serving guests in several restaurants as well as outdoor terraces. There is any number of possibilities for sport enthusiasts - both in summer and winter. Now that I have two kids I also find this place very friendly towards families with small children. The rooms may not be your usual 4* generic global hotel standard, but the overall experience for me is the best in the region.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Miroslav L
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We spent 3-4 days in Hotel Sachticka every year. This hotel is "home away from home". The staff is very kind, friendly and polite. The kitchen is very good, we can taste traditional Slovakian dishes. We can go hiking and skiing. It is ideal for relaxing, because the air is fresh, and the area is silent. The hotel has got a relaxing centre, where we can find massage, turkish sauna pool and jacuzzi. It is perfect. I just recommend it!!!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Eszter N
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I spent a couple of days in this hotel. Either during my hiking stop or during my work sessions or during my engagement with my girl. Very easy to say by 3 words - calm atmosphere, beauty of nature and comfort with delicious food. You can use some sport facilities, swimming pool etc or play tennis. I find this hotel as the best in its category near B.Bystrica and surroundings.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We spent 3 days in this excellent hotel. The hotel is situated in beatiful nature of Low Tatras near city of Banska Bystrica. Each day we went hiking and were enjoying this amazing mountains. Besides of hiking we enjoy our time in swimming pool and sauna. There is also place for other activities as a biking, playing tennis or badminton for what we unfortunatly didn´t have enough time.
The rooms are very nice and clean. The service is friendly. The thing I like the most was food, everything was fresh and taste excelent.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Hotel itself is not the best we`ve ever been to but the beauty of the nature, welcoming people and great food made the trip very memorable. We would def recommend renting a bike from the hotel making a trip to donovaly. If you`re not scared of heights climb up the hotel tower to get a view of nizke tatry. We`e looking forward to our next stay in october!

Room Tip: ask for balcony with the view of pansky diel
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Kupele Brusno, a.s. – Liecebny dom Polana
Hotel Narodny dom
Hotel Narodny dom
#2 of 7 in Banska Bystrica

Been to Hotel Sachticka? Share your experiences!