“Wonderful weekend”

Silvanus Hotel Visegrad
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Visegrad
“Wonderful weekend”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I was in the hotel with my boyfriend for a wellness weekend in the last year. We felt very good ourselves. The staff of the hotel is very kind, helpful, polite and everybody is smiling. Rooms are well-equipped, comfortable, clean and the panorama to the Danube-bend is wonderful. We really loved the buffet breakfast and dinner. Dishes are very delicious. The wellness centre is very nice, it has five big pools, and we enjoyed the six different kinds of saunas.

So we love the hotel, and we want to get back here as soon as possible. We can offer this hotel to everybody :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eszty40

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Good points:
- The hotel located near the Danube bend, some of the rooms and the wellness center have panorama to the Danube
- The dinner and the breakfast was delicious, the choice was okay too
- Staff was nice and helpful

Bad points:
- The wellness center is too small compared with the number of the guests, we could not even try the jakuzzi, because it was crowded all day long
- There was no lifeguard in the wellness center (at least not checked the pool area during that day when we were there...), children were jumping to the smaller warm pool
- Saunas were not operating in the pool part all day long, had to ask someone to turn it on
- Room was not clean, there were hair in the bed
- Furniture is very old-fashioned, just like in the 80's
- There was no heating during the day in the hotel despite of the fact that there was about 10-12 C outside, they turned the heating on after 5,30 pm

The quality compared with price of the rooms is not in line with 4 stars, I would rather say 3 starts.

Room Tip: If you would like to spend some days in a fancy 4 stars hotel, keep on searching. If you really wou...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Vac, Hungary
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I spent 2 nights/3 days with my girlfriend in the Hotel Silvanus and I am sure it was not our last time.
The hotel has a fantastic view to the Danube bend. The wellness center has magnificient pools. The staff was very flexible, helpful and polite, the room was comfortable and clean.
We really loved the buffet breakfast and dinner because the selection was wide, eith vegetarian options too.
The hotel has a great pleace to be close to the nature and relaxation.

Room Tip: Rooms with Danube-bend view
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2014

My husband surprised me with a weekend at this amazing place, it was my first time in Hungary, but hope not the last. We had a great room with breathtaking views over the danube. The staff was nice and helpful, the room was clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the food I could try some hungarian dishes which I loved. We had also a great time at the wellness center with a good massage. I would definetly recommend this hotel for anyone who wants to have a relaxing weekend either just with your partner or with family! Absolutely loved it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We booked a standard room but it was really really awful (ugly, small and smelly, the furniture was from the 80's, bubble TV, etc., the bathroom was so cheap like a bathroom of a caravan) so the first thing we did is changing to a superior room but it was still just ok.
The whole hotel needs a renovation the prices are too high for its current condition.
The food was ok except the drinks (which was not included in the buffet dinner, not even the soft drinks - how rude is that???). I really hated the small glasses.
The pools are too small compared to the size of the hotel.
And you know, the small things: ugly bedsheet, torn bathrobe, despite the bad weather the heating was off (they said they only turn it on after half past 4, but it didnt work even that time...). So many small things which doesnt really need crazy spending to get improved...
So we checked out after a night we did not fit together with this hotel.
Too write something good: the view is awesome, the location is really good, and the staff did everything to keep us there they were really nice.
So please improve quality because it could be a good place but today its not, very far from four stars, and too expensive for its quality. I hope you take it as a constructive criticism, it's my hones opinion.

Room Tip: Keep away from the standard rooms!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Szeged, Hungary
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The view was beautiful and the staff was great; we had a very special weekend. The food was excellent. Because of the amazing sorrounding area, we had long walks and trips around the hotel...wishing to return soon.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Budapest
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I saw this hotel before, in one of my visits to Visegrad, and I want to try it once. Then for my birthday my girlfriend and I booked 2 nights.
It was very good, the service was excellent and food was fantastic.
Two negative things i have to mention, first, the bathroom in the room isn't up to 4star level hotel it reminds me of a ship cheap WC cabinet. The other thing is the hotel was full of kids, and we couldn't relax as we planed.
But overall it is an amazing place.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Danube side have a very nice view but the noise is loader.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hishmoh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Visegrad
Thermal Hotel Visegrad
#2 of 6 in Esztergom
Hotel Honti
Hotel Honti
#5 of 6 in Visegrad

Been to Silvanus Hotel Visegrad? Share your experiences!