“A Hungarian Restaurant with its own very particular character”

Renaissance Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Visegrad
Cuisines: Hungarian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I got enthusiastic when two young Hungarian with their tampourla wellcomed us and guided us to the entance of the Ranaissance Restaurant. Everything inside seemed magical in front of my eyes and as our group-leader told us in the bus on the way to vissegrad and she was absolutly right, <we have to order at first because i know that everybody will run to try the costumes and take pictures>. The atmosphere was fantastic ,the decoration , the furnitures, the pottery mugs and plates, and the waitors dressed in Hangurian custumes of the age of renaissance,all this made feel in a different way.People also can wear these custumes and a paper crown that is on your table to put on the head so you feel eating like a queen...
The restaurant is mostly for groups ,so it was a little noisy and you have to wait a little untill to eat. A man with a lute tried to give us a kind of music but i thing nobody was hearing.
The food was very good ,especially the turkey fillet with a sweet sauce from prunes my husband had choose. My choice a roe-deer fillet with cheery sauce was good but i was not enthousiastic.But this maybe different to someone-else taste.
There is also outdoors sittings from where you enjoy the view of dunabe river ,that is just opposite that restaurant. The Renaissance Restaurant i thing is a little bit like an attaction of Visegrad , after its Castle.

1  Thank Athina T
There are newer reviews for Renaissance Restaurant

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

If I was rating as an attraction I probably would give 4 stars, but as a restaurant I didn't enjoy the dinning experience. My dish was all fried, and the vegetables quite oily. My boyfriend's dish was the same. The service was pleasant and the guys in a good mood even with those costume, but the only thing we enjoyed was the bread.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We were staying in Visegrád for 2 days on our 2nd day we had dinner at this place. Everything was very nice the decorations outstanding. You can wear the medieval clothes and make pictures. The food was great we had a menu for 2. The duck was totally dry but the other meals had a very good taste. It was a bit pricy but it was a great experience.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Tastes like dishes from medieval age castles: very tasty soup and the great turkey and pork plate from the oven. The restaurant is decently decorated, the lute player is excellent, service is fine. They serve huge portions with white and red wine and water included. A very stylish way of eating after a 5-minute walk from the Citadel.
As it was included in the Hotel Visegrad package (say: free), it is a very reasonable price range :o)

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We spent the weekend in the Hotel Visegrád and a dinner was included in the package. The restaurant itself is very nice, with a staff dressed in medieval costumes.
The tableware is also medieval style with pottery mugs and plates so it has a very nice atmosphere.
The food was very good, the meat was really delicious, I had some problems with the stewed red cabbage as it was extremely sweet for my taste and I tasted the potato what was a little bit dry.
The staff was nice and helpful with us.

My biggest concern was with the temperature inside what was really cold mainly in the restroom area where it was like outside.

Overall I liked the evening and would go back anytime.