“Very good choice both summer and winter”
Review of Chianti Restaurant

Chianti Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 44 Restaurants in Veszprem
Cuisines: Hungarian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This place is temporarily closed due to renovation. It will reopen in September 2017. Dear Guests! In the autumn we will be 15 years old, we will slightly transform our restaurant, so now the Chianti Restaurant is CLOSED. Tours sincerely Chianti Team One of the best restaurants in Veszprem is located in the suburban area. It is close to Balaton. Chianti used to be a pizzeria and nowadays the Italian dominance is still obvious, but the menu offers different cuisine as well. You can try the degustation menu and the a la carte; the waiter will gladly answer all of your questions. If you attend at one of the restaurant's wine event, you'll get to meet famous Hungarian wine makers, who present their products, but if you're just in for a dinner, you'll still get to choose from their rich wine collection. If you fancied the food and you want to take home a piece of it, here's an option. Gault Millau 2017: 13 points
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

We have been at Chianti several times. Now its winter and we sit inside. Its even nice inside. But clearly summer in the terrace is its specialty. Probably the best restaurant in the country unless you prefer one with Balaton lake view.

1  Thank Zsirfeka2
There are newer reviews for Chianti Restaurant

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I went many time in this restaurant. Good food, good wine and very good service. In my opinion is the best restaurant in Veszprem!!

2  Thank dani_eagle
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have visited this Italian restaurant with my family during our vacation in the area. The location and the surrounding is not so "upscale", but we got very positively surprised by everything else! The waiter was extremely polite, paying attention to the children and very helpful with every small detail. They have a superb kitchen, the food was extremely delicious. Prices are higher than in other restaurants in the area, but you do not get the same quality, wine offering and overall experience as here. A must try if you go to Veszprem and look for fine dining!

1  Thank Andro03
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Some weeks ago, our friends had a really nice lunch here, so we went to Chianti with them last week.
Half of the table would have liked to have the degustation menu but we could not because all of us should have it - as we were told by our waiter. Ok, we understood it - but a week ago it worked- half of the family could have the menu. So we chose sg else. I asked for an angus steak rare but I was told that it can only be medium or well-done because it is made sous-vide... I do not really understand why an angus steak is done sous-vide but I am not the chef - but do not like steak medium or well- done, only rare. So i chose sg else again - pork chops, nice but that is all. I had an excellent Luka zweigelt, great wine - served a bit too chilled. As dessert, the children asked for some ice cream- not on the menu - Our waiter told us: there is no extra ice cream, only the portion served with desserts on the menu. Quite strange: we saw ice cream served at the other table with the other waiter. I have never been in a restaurant where ice cream could not be served separately.
Consequence: if you are have the chance to have a better and more flexible waiter - you are lucky, if not, it may not be your day.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Very good Italian restaurant, delicious food, professional service, it is not in the centre but near
to road No. 8. I have eaten asparagus soup, lamb rump with home made lasagne filled with goat cheese, and floating island - one of the best I have ever eaten in a restaurant.

1  Thank Hoborc