See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Stayed here with my sister for a weekend break, off season. I didn't really experience any of the bad things listed below, so they must've improved their services lately or we were luckier than others before...
The receptionist was very nice and helpful with all our queries, the restaurant staff was also very attentive and efficient, even the cleaning staff was friendly and smily with us.
The room was clean and we had a lovely view to Lake Balaton from our balcony. There were cobwebs on the outside of the building, but you have that everywhere on a lakeside, that's for sure.
The food was delicious and the portions were big enough. The restaurant was very ambient and we were well looked after all along the meals.
The only negative I could say is there was no one to help carrying the suitcase upstairs, luckily it was two of us :)

Room Tip: Even if you have to carry your stuff upstairs, ask for a room on the top floor, it's worth it, the view is lovely!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2011

This hotel advertises itself as a luxury 5-star-hotel, but besides the nice view and the design of the lobby bar, it is the worst hotel I have ever been at Lake Balaton. The corridors are dirty, very dirty, the room also had some "left signs" of the previous guests, and the worst thing was that it was about 35 degrees and the receprionist did not switched on the air conditioner. (It is centrally controlled). The light was not working in the bathroom, as a plus. I wonder how an Earth can a luxury hotel can operate in such a hot weather without air conditioning...The receptionist said it will not be switched on during our stay. She didnt offer a cooler room, as a choice, while being very arrogant.
We asked the money back (paid in advance - never again), and it took 3 long calls with her boss to arrange it, but my husband was very strong in the end.
If you would like to go to the northern part of Lake Balaton, Flamingo hotel or Silver hotel in Balatonfured is much more of a high standard (or Spirit in Sarvar, but that is not at the lake).

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank traveller201120118
Reviewed May 18, 2011

First of all, location is great, the view is beautiful.
The apartments are nicely decorated and big enough.
The bed is comfortable.
Food is delicious.
Waiters and restaurant staff are very polite.
Some little annoyances exist which would be OK under normal circumstances but not in a place advertising itself as five star:
The TV between the bedroom and the living room is very hard to turn, always risking the breaking of the glass around it.
There were no kitchen accessories to use.
The door of the bathroom opens to the inside making the entry pretty hard (it might be against fire protection rules too and the sam applies for the main entrance at the reception).
There are only stairways to the restaurant and to the wellness area making it hard for parents with baby carriage.
Wellness section looks OK, but pool water is very cold.
The reception staff would need a smiling training and some lessons of how not to make guests waiting too long.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank pengemex
Reviewed February 26, 2011

overall I would have to agree with all the reviews before. the location is great, the desing of the hotel is nice. I am not sure how old this apartments are, but they look older already.
our room was big, lovely windows and balcony with a breathtaking view.
Food:
good enough, portions maybe on the smaller size: 1 soup, 2 mains to chose from and1 dessert.
Service:
overall not very friendly or welcoming. I do not want to go into details, but a smile, a greeting would improve on the quality of guests stay. all I can say is that the most customer friendly person was the chef when he got out of the kitchen.
Spa:
if you want to swim you can do it, but if you have small kids, this is not a place for them as the water was way too cold.sauna is ok.

overall I think if this hotel was run properly this could be a real diamond.
I am not sure if I would return...

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2010

This apartment hotel does'nt meet the requirements of a 5*place.
The room is designed with trendy furniture, but it is not comfortable and cozy.
There are many small, yet annoying problems with the room:
-shower door doesn't close properly, so the whole bathroom is wet after having a shower,
-there are no screens on the windows so you can "meet" with grashoopers, mosquitos in your bed, there are spiderwebs almost everywhere on the otside walls
-The wellnes are needs a lot of imrovement, the water of the pool is too cold, half of the the jacuzzi is not working, there is a 10 cm gap under the sauna's door, so your feet get cold, there are no flowers
- the surrounding and view is nice, but you see remaining construction material on the path
-the waiters in the restaurant were polite and friendly, but with half board we didn't have a choice what to eat for dinner, there was only one kind of soup, one main course and a dessert (food delicious, but not too big portions)
I expected much-much more. Our only luck is that we booked the room for a discounted price and stayed only for two nights.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family