Tihany Atrium
Hotel Riviera(Balatonfoldvar)
  • Beachfront
Hotel Jonathan(Balatonfoldvar)
View Hotel
Anna Maria Villa Hotel(Balatonfoldvar)
Hotel Jogar(Balatonfoldvar)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Pros.:
Very good location quite at the coast of the lake, excellent beach near to the hotel. Breakfast was rich and tasty. Tihany is a beautiful village.
Cos.:
Dirty carpet and curtain. Wellness is quite small, fitness room is useless. Overall a bit expensive for these services.

Overall our holiday was fine, on sunny days I can recommend this hotel if you are not price sensitive.

Room Tip: Ask in advance for rooms with view on the lake.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Very nice hotel,elegant, good size room, nicely furnished. In the corridors there are very pictures.
Bathroom a bit small but nice and clean.
We had a room on ground floor with balcony on the lake side. It was very silent and it was good to sit out on the balcony in the evening or just put the towels out to dry.
Bed and pillows are ok too. Only strange thing is that there was no litter bin in the room. No tea or coffee making opportunity either.
We traveled with a baby and got a baby cot free of charge which was very useful.
Breakfast is only from about 8, so if you are an early bird it is very late. But breakfast is worth waiting for: breakfast room is very nice or you can have breakfast on the terrace which is lovely. Very nice variety of food, good coffee, great breakfast so far.
Staff is nice and helpful
Beach is just across the road, app 50ms. It is a small, silent beach, not too many people and very well kept. Huge trees all over give shade in the summer heat. Water is clear. Entrance fee is included in the room price.
On the beach there is a restaurant open from 9am to 10pm where you can get a daily offer for app 4€ or a nice meal for app. 6-8 €.
There is a nice walking path along the lake and you can walk kms if you feel like or rent a bike from reception.
I can highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to relax and enjoy lake Balaton. No discos, no night life around it is really only the lake and silence.:-)

Room Tip: ground floor or first floor room with balcony, lake side
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Szilvia133
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I did not stay in the hotel, but had a very upsetting experience with their reservations staff/owner/whoever answers the phone. I was making a lot of hotel bookings as we travelled in Hungary through the booking.com, and then cancelled the ones that we did not need. I made 2 different bookings for this hotel, the same dates but different rooms as we were not sure how many people would be travelling. I cancelled one of them, but somehow completely got confused and did not cancel the other. So I have just arrived back home from our holiday and found out that they charged me nearly £400 for "no show". I understand that technically they were within their rights and cancellation policy, but in this instance we clearly did not show up not because we did not care but because there were several bookings in that hotel and I got muddled up with them. Anyway, I phoned the hotel and tried to explain it to them and asked them if they would be prepared to at least partially refund it out of the goodwill. The rude man on the phone said "no" and shortly just put the phone down on me... I guess, it goes without saying, that he has lost a customer as although I go to Hungary quite often, I will avoid his hotel like a plague and would advise all my friends to do the same.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kate J
Reviewed December 8, 2011

stayed here unexpectedly for one night. very pleasant room, very large, a suite really. overlooking the marina - staff very helpful. major drawback when out of season, nothing open at hotel or nearby so have to drive 5km to town for dinner and drinks and zero tolerance for alcohol then becomes a problem, and taxis are difficult to find. so plan your stay.

Room Tip: front room overlooking marina - it is a suite
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank susie971
Reviewed November 12, 2011

This is a 4 star local hotel so has to be reviewed with this in mind.

We nearly missed this lovely hotel as the fog was so thick....visibility down to 15 metres!
Arrive we did and into a spotless warm modern reception. Reception was fine if a bit formal.

The room and bathroom were fine...clean, comfy, warm and no problems. It could however do with a makeover. Value for our stay was reasonable.

Lovely, well presented breakfast with everything you would need. Probably one of the better ones we had in Hungary. The dining room was nicely decorated, bright and clean.

The lady on check out was smiling, friendly, charming and very helpful.

All in all a pleasant stay and we would for sure consider going back. The only draw back is the distance from the town centre...about 3-4 minutes by car. So having a few glasses of wine and geting back is a problem.

What a pity the next day was also foggy so the lake was spoiled for us. We will be back in February so hopefully we can see it then!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple