See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 28, 2016

We wanted to stay at a small town for two nights to "recharge our batteries" between Budapest and Vienna. Tata was recommended on Rick Steve's "wall", and we are glad we came to Tata!
This hotel is right next to the lake and the old castle, each one of their top attractions. (See photo.) The small hotel (12 rooms?) is lovely, has large clean rooms. We paid about $86 per night, including a nice breakfast. Would certainly stay here again.
The attached restaurant is very nice, but a bit pricey. Food is excellent.
Our room, #7, was on the ground floor (some rooms are up or down a floor, with no elevator), at the far end of the building. Very quiet. Would certainly return!

Room tip: Ask for ground level room if you cannot do stairs. No elevator.
Date of stay: May 2016
2  Thank Karen M
Reviewed May 24, 2016

i have stayed here many times but recently this place has fallen off badly. I stayed in Feburary 2016 and the heating in my room was not working, then in May when it was hot and humid the air con was not working, and they did not want to give me another room even though my room was like a sauna. Finally they gave me the room next door where the air con was also not working but it was not so hot so at least I could sleep.
Sad to say the place is not being maintained properly so after many years staying here this is the last time.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2015

A piece of heaven right next to the lake, with a perfect restaurant. The breakfast is above of expectation, it's lovely. You can take a walk in the park or around the lake. The room (apartman) was perfect, and confortable with a child. Jacuzzi, sauna is working and they are in a nice atmosphere.

Date of stay: July 2015
1  Thank Titcsalad
Reviewed July 22, 2015

The worst reception personnel. I have made a reservation on 16/06/2015, which has been confirmed and received the confirmation letter on the same day. Yesterday I sent an e-mail to them to inform the personnel from reception that my arrival will be around 21:00 - 22:00 as establish on 27th July. My sock was after several e-mail between me and hotel I found that they reserved same room to another person. Is it normal that a hotel of 4 starts to treat the people in this meaner? If I was going there directly and not letting them know that I'll get late and not founding that I don't have any reservation, what would be the result?
Unprofessional, poor quality of people! That's not normal!!! Needs a reaction!

Date of stay: July 2015
Reviewed May 10, 2015 via mobile

What a gem of an inn. Small hotel, charming, quaint yet modern, and not to be missed. Located on the edge of the lake, within easy walking distance of the center of town yet remote enough to hear nothing more than the river running along the edge of the property. Clean, updated rooms, nicely designed....well worth the price.... outdoor sitting areas, spa, great little breakfast in their grotto - they even have a juice machine for guest use with fresh fruit and vegetables! We would definitely recommend and happily return!

Date of stay: May 2015