“Sopron's must have / Sopronban ezt meg kell nézni”
Review of Gyogygodor Borozo

Gyogygodor Borozo
Ranked #10 of 88 Restaurants in Sopron
Cuisines: Hungarian
Reviewed April 1, 2018

English version is below
Mit is lehetne írni a Gyógygödörről? Ha nem voltál nézd meg mindenképp. Már tradíció. Én imádok itt / ilyen helyeken fröccsözni. És a fröccshöz tökéletes menüt kapok. Nagyon ajánlom, de feledd, ez egy borozó! Ha fine-dining-ra, extrákra vágysz menj máshova.

What can I say about Gyógygödör? If you have not been here, give it a try. This is a tradition. I personally love this place and places like this. I love to get spricer here and love the food they prepare for drinking. I really recommend this, BUT this is NOT a fine dining place!! Do not expect any fancy food, service here. This is a traditional wine cellar. If you want to get a fine-dining place go somewhere else. :-)

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed September 27, 2017

We ate here on the basis of previous good reviews and were very disappointed.
OK we were there on a wet,chilly Monday evening but there was no atmosphere and the food was tasteless. Both our meals were served with chips and rice ! presumably to cover up for the lack of advertised vegetables. There is no attempt to make the rather dank cellar attractive or welcoming and the wooden seating is hard and uncomfortable. It is cheap though.
There are much nicer places to eat in lovely Sopron

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed September 17, 2017

I was here with a big group in a room off to the side. It was very noisy and impossible to carry on a normal conversation. There was one waitress for a room of 50 people, even though the restaurant was notified in advance about our group. We waited more than one and a half hours for the food. The waitress forgot my request for a second glass of wine as well as one of the items of food that I ordered. She was also rude. I ordered a bean soup that could easily have been amazing as has been my experience with other Eastern European restaurants, but it was lukewarm and terrible. There are nice restaurants in the square where you can sit outside if the weather is nice and which certainly have better food. Maybe if you only want to drink wine and eat bread, this place is okay.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

Grumpy men serving deep fried tasteless food served in a tiled clattery cellar. We sat on ugly wooden benches. Outside a beautifull square, I felt fooled by Tripadvisor to lure me in here with good reviews. Next day we ate on the square outside ar Gambrinus enjoying the beautiful square with church old houses and belltower sounds. Food much better thre too. So forget this place and go to Gambrinus or perhaps one of the other terrace restaurants on this lovely square. The host of Gambrinus was very friendly and well traveled and of gracious manners

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank Willemijn5671CR
Reviewed June 27, 2017

After a big on foot sightseeing, we felt it is time for a well deserved wine treat. We found the perfect place to do it. Great local wines in an authentic cellar restaurant. If you definitely would like to leave with a big smile or a bit of a giggle, have a cherry palinka too ;)

Date of visit: June 2017