“Fun - but really very expensive!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Papa Joe's Saloon & Steakhouse

Papa Joe's Saloon & Steakhouse
Ranked #2 of 73 Restaurants in Sopron
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Alessandria
“Fun - but really very expensive!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

I read tripadvisor critics before and to the most I can really agree: Going to a theme restaurant in Sopron when there are so many other nice places around (also meet locals and eat local food)...mmhhhh, not really my concept....but it is however a very nice place.
As it is in the center and on the main shopping road (and just two steps away from our hotel), we went there the first night. We were able to bring our little dog who also was served straight away fresh water. Meat quality is quite good, service is not American style but rather Hungary style, but very kind and fast. Prices are absolutly over the limit: paying for streak like in a fashion and chick Milan steak restaurant is just not ok. I believe a "normal" hungarian person with a "normal" local salary cannot afford to go there.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Budapest, Hungary
“Always a good Experience...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

It's a very nice place to eat in Sopron. We often go there, and we have always the same quality. You can eat steaks professional! Also kids like it very much. The atmosphere is like a western pub, we like it!

Visited January 2012
Anonyme Island, Seychelles
“NICE STEAKS”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

Nice steaks , mainly , on the charcoal grill and cold good beers.
Steak house par excellence but, also, some local kitchen available.
Try the grilled steaks and the chech beer.
Nice wiskies offer and garden and separat terrase available with good service.
Prices , some higher but, end of the day.ok.

Dublin
“Wifi, where forth art thou wifi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2011

Firstly I have to confess that Papa Joes is somewhere I would never go! The very idea of going to a themed restaurant while visiting somewhere is against god and nature in my book, however, I have to say....even though it kills me...the food was excellent, particluarly the chicken wings. Great wifi, which I have discovered in february is not easy to find. Staff friendly, bit on the slow side but then I was dining alone so I more aware of time than others might be. On the whole, give it a try, the steaks are excellent.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DannyDublin24
Fort Bragg, California
“The wild west of Hungary”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2009

This is a fun restaurant with very good steak. I wasn't enthusiastic about going to a cowboy themed restaurant in Hungary. But the steak was excellent and the food plentiful. Dinner with a number of sides, dessert, tip and wine came to less that $25.

1 Thank RosalieG3