“Muller's Inn Hostel”
Review of Muller's Inn

Muller's Inn
Ranked #26 of 39 Hotels in Siofok
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I would not return to this place, nor would I advise anyone I know to stay here. Upon arrival at Muller's Inn we were shown to our 8 person dorm. The beds were unclean to say the least; the headboards had stains and the bedding itself was an itchy orange material (needless to say I slept fully clothed). There were also several earwigs crawling in and out pf the window on to my friends' pillow...

The key that was meant to be shared between all eight people was hooked OUTSIDE the door, easily accessible to basically anyone.

The kitchen was filthy - the inside of the fridge was a shade of blacky-orange. And the bathroom wasn't much better, however the shower was reasonably powerful with a good water temperature.

The 'free wifi' only reached just past reception, and worked for about 30 seconds in the room if you were lucky.

After the first night, my two friends and I decided to complain. The owner of the hostel took it in his stride and said he would upgrade us (there is also a Muller's Inn Hotel), however then presented us with a price-list. We kindly told him we would not pay any more than already agreed and if this was the only option we would happily leave.

Our second 'upgraded' night, only seemed slightly different. The overall quality of the room was slightly cleaner. Compared to some of the other hostels we have stayed in, this was outrageous for the price.

The photos I have added show our upgraded room....

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I couldn't more strongly recommend avoiding this place. The town itself was such a dud to visit. We were just about outside the tourist season, but we were constantly stared at by locals like we weren't welcome. Not a comfortable atmosphere.
As for the hostel itself. We booked for the 8 person dorm. We arrive and the door to our dorm is locked. There is only one key and the only person currently staying had took it out with him. One key for eight beds. If that wasn't bad enough, they expect you to hang the key on a hook outside the dorm, totally negating the safety of your things in a locked room. The Wi-Fi barely reached the dorm, the floor was very grubby, the kitchen had a hob that wasn't wired up. The owners were very unfriendly.
The two positives were that the girl behind the desk was a stark contrast to the owners. Very friendly and attempting to be helpful with her limited English, wish I could speak another language. The shower worked perfectly, no scalding or freezing water, though it could do with a curtain to avoid drenching the floor.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Very pleasant stay in the middle of the city of Siofok. The rooms are new, Bright and Friendly. From the common room there comes man directly on the big balcony about the strollers’ zone. We had to very comfortable days in Siofok.
James & Eve

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Josi K
Reviewed February 26, 2014

A friend gave me the address of Müller´s inn.The room was big enough and bright. I was very happy with my room. Very friendly hosts, and good food.This was a very cheap and beautiful weekend. We felt very well We will come back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2013

For 20 Euro a night, you'd think the standard would be better. Our rooms were very dirty, there were hundreds of spiders, there was no air con making sleeping extremely difficult, and the rooms were basic and beds not that comfortable. The staff however were pleasant and helpful enough. Personally I would not recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Fine place to stay for a decent price and at a perfect location, very close to all the action in the city centre. The room wasn't special, but it was clean and contained a personal fridge as a bonus. The staff was great by the way, one guy (Gergely) in particular. In our reservation it said clearly that you could not check in after midnight. Since we had some problems with our car we didn't manage to get there in time. We called them earlier in the afternoon to explain that we were going to be late and we were assured that it would be absolutely no problem. Normally the staff leaves at midnight, but one guy stayed until 3 'o clock that night to welcome us. He became our buddy overthere. We spent quite some time during our stay chatting and drinking homemade pálinka with him. Next to the reception, free internet was available and I've been told that the restaurant is pretty good, even though I haven't tried myself. All in all, I would recommend this place for groups of youngsters who come to Siófok to have a good time and are just looking for a cheap place to crash. It's probably not the best place if you're looking for something fancy or want to spend a couple of romantic nights.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cas M
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed for a single night while travelling between Budapest and Zagreb, and it served it's purpose well. Our room was large and had everything we needed (en suite, sofa, TV, chairs, table, fridge), so it had a decent array of stuff. It was clean too, so no complaints really.

The location was a little out of town, possibly a 15 minute walk from the centre, but the whole area seemed completely safe, it's a tourist/ rich Hungarian sort of town.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple